Digital Art Zone

2 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 19 October 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-05-17
The one time I wish I had a Mac lol, oh well joins the windows line up.

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2003-10-09
that what i was thinking yesterday , well we have to wait a little bit longer ..

Heatherlee - 19 October 2012 12:48 PM
The one time I wish I had a Mac lol, oh well joins the windows line up.
 Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2010-08-03
Here is some context and background of Garibaldi Express…

Garibaldi Express is just a part of a larger picture of hair plugins that are planned for a range of 3D graphics programs.

I worked on hair modeling and simulation software for years at VFX companies that work on highly successful Hollywood films. I always found the experience very elitist and wondered if some of these ideas could be used to create some more accessible software.

I rediscover Daz Studio in 2010 and found it had become a popular 3D graphics package with an intriguing Qt based API including a great RenderMan Compliant render. At the time I realised that I didn't have time to produce a quality plugin.
Two years later I decided to take a break from the grind of working for VFX companies and Garibaldi Express was born.

I am aware of the 'Look at my hair' product, when I first requested a copy of the Daz Studio SDK it was pointed out to me. I seams it's maturing into a great product over its private beta period from viewing the thread in this forum. I'm not hugely concerned with its progress as I have my own goals for garibaldi, but comparisons are bound to be drawn.
As potential customers it's up to you to decide how to spend your money. Unsurprisingly I'm bias towards my product.

As I don't want to alienate any potential customers. So I have made a very minor change to ambiguous marketing point that was taken out of context.
I was hoping people would acually concentrate on the product and the results.

Anyway back to the software…

I will be releasing a beta 2 that fixes issues with rendering hair on non genesis characters (seems I broke this) and some other minor issues today.

As for the Windows Version… I'm just installing a new license of Windows 7 on my PC as I type.

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-05-17
Have you done any animals yet? If so I'd love to see how that turned out.

Posted: 19 October 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2010-03-13
Interesting and first impression is that it is indeed very intuitive and quick to use. Will give more feedback once I get the latest version to be issued today.

Posted: 19 October 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Animals are not genesis but maybe some example with the gorilla can be made lol from what I saw in the video there is a way to create fantastic hair texture to simulate the hair
I hope the windows version is up quick so we can figure it out

Heatherlee - 19 October 2012 02:12 PM
Have you done any animals yet? If so I'd love to see how that turned out.
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 19 October 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24
Are the hairs that were on the download page the same for Win and Mac? I downloaded them but not the plugin since I'm on Windows - really looking forward to the Windows Beta!
[ Edited: 19 October 2012 04:27 PM by Alisa Uh-Lisa ]
 Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 19 October 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29
Can hair sets made with your program be used by other users who do not have your product?

Can hair be separrated into groups so that different effects and shaders be used on different sections?
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 19 October 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8328
Joined  2009-05-14
futurebiscuit - 19 October 2012 01:26 PM
I was hoping people would acually concentrate on the product and the results.

I have no idea what was said before and I don't care too but I agree 100% about this statement. I am watching both so I will be sitting on the fence for the time being. smile

Great work so far through, impressive stuff. I am liking the controls too. No complicated but from what I can see it has a lot of controls but none that are surplus to get the job done.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 19 October 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1880
Joined  2005-12-31
I have to say that the color and specularity in those images looks really wonderful. I'm sitting with the windows people and waiting patiently for now.

Posted: 19 October 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2003-10-09
I am amazed at what this plugin is capable of doing. Looking forward to a windows release as well smile
 Signature 

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
the hair are only for MAC in the zip files when you unzip them you can see it is Mac version

Alisa Uh-Lisa - 19 October 2012 04:07 PM
Are the hairs that were on the download page the same for Win and Mac? I downloaded them but not the plugin since I'm on Windows - really looking forward to the Windows Beta!
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  581
Joined  2003-10-09
Looks interesting. So, is 4.5 really needed or will it work in 4? Just checking since everything else matches but I haven't upgraded yet.

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2010-08-03
Male-M3dia - 19 October 2012 08:58 AM
This looks really great. One question: are you able to create an obj from this or does the plugin handle how the hair is generated within the scene. This may be useful in situations where you want to generate the hair in poser or pass it to Luxrender or Octane external renderers.

The plugin generate optimally structured curve primitives as you render in daz with 3Delight. I wasn't planning on offering the ability to export into any generic poly geometry formats.
I cringe at the idea of trying to push 10's millions of polys into a simple ascii obj file. Although I would be impressed if a fully physically based GPU render could handle that much geo.

If there a size-able demand for that feature it wouldn't hard to write.

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24
*hides face in shame*
I didn't even look at them since I don't have the program..sigh...sorry, and thanks, Cath!

Mec4D - 19 October 2012 08:05 PM
the hair are only for MAC in the zip files when you unzip them you can see it is Mac version

Alisa Uh-Lisa - 19 October 2012 04:07 PM
 Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

2 of 77