Digital Art Zone

10 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 29 October 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17
mjc1016 - 28 October 2012 10:58 PM
I've gotten pretty adept at using Blender's UV mapping, so remapping the older animals, for personal use wouldn't be too difficult...but distributing remaps that would make many of them more useful would be. Yeah, many of them aren't the greatest models, to begin with but sometimes, they're the only thing there is.
Is there a tutorial showing how to do this? I want to be able to use my animals and if I need to remap them I need to learn how to do it.

Posted: 29 October 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Heatherlee - 29 October 2012 07:20 AM
mjc1016 - 28 October 2012 10:58 PM
I've gotten pretty adept at using Blender's UV mapping, so remapping the older animals, for personal use wouldn't be too difficult...but distributing remaps that would make many of them more useful would be. Yeah, many of them aren't the greatest models, to begin with but sometimes, they're the only thing there is.
Is there a tutorial showing how to do this? I want to be able to use my animals and if I need to remap them I need to learn how to do it.

same here.
 Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 29 October 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1749
Joined  2003-10-09
If you change the UV's you need to make new textures also for your animals at last for the old one that have bad UV's
It is not that hard with Zbrush you can do it with one button click , then load the new UV's in DS and save the new figure
in my forum at mec4d and on my account at youtube you will find the way of how to change and UV's manually and using GOZ but this cover only DS and Zbrush
 Signature 

Just Released :2 Chinese outfits for Lee6
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 29 October 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Mec4D - 29 October 2012 09:51 AM
If you change the UV's you need to make new textures also for your animals at last for the old one that have bad UV's
It is not that hard with Zbrush you can do it with one button click , then load the new UV's in DS and save the new figure
in my forum at mec4d and on my account at youtube you will find the way of how to change and UV's manually and using GOZ but this cover only DS and Zbrush

And for most animals, a simple texture would be enough, coupled with a hair plugin to do the fur. It's just that the plugin needs a clean, well laid out UV map to work.

I've been looking for some Blender tuts...but many of the ones I'm finding are either much more complex than they need to be or are for older versions of Blender. I don't have any desktop recording software installed so it would be more than a trivial task for me to throw one together...unfortunately,

But there's lots around...I'll keep looking, I know there's some easier ones, somewhere.
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 October 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
The plugin handle seams very well when painting the density map on a good UV's
the one software that does not work after I upgraded to win8 was my recording screen software , need to reinstall it and see if there is new version .. the most used one anything else works without problem
Zbrush is so easy, you just paint the seams lines on the model and push the button and done
II will make some tests tonight with other animals if I still have power, as the hurricane visit me today about 4 and half hour from now so don't know what is coming .. Prepared awaiting the impact ..

mjc1016 - 29 October 2012 10:43 AM
Mec4D - 29 October 2012 09:51 AM

And for most animals, a simple texture would be enough, coupled with a hair plugin to do the fur. It's just that the plugin needs a clean, well laid out UV map to work.

I've been looking for some Blender tuts...but many of the ones I'm finding are either much more complex than they need to be or are for older versions of Blender. I don't have any desktop recording software installed so it would be more than a trivial task for me to throw one together...unfortunately,

But there's lots around...I'll keep looking, I know there's some easier ones, somewhere.
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 29 October 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Mec4D - 29 October 2012 11:11 AM
The plugin handle seams very well when painting the density map on a good UV's
the one software that does not work after I upgraded to win8 was my recording screen software , need to reinstall it and see if there is new version .. the most used one anything else works without problem
Zbrush is so easy, you just paint the seams lines on the model and push the button and done
II will make some tests tonight with other animals if I still have power, as the hurricane visit me today about 4 and half hour from now so don't know what is coming .. Prepared awaiting the impact ..

It wasn't supposed to start snowing until tonight...but, it's snowing NOW!

I guess the forecast, for my area, predicting lots of snow was the correct one.
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2010-09-24
So - while I'm not an experienced Daz user - I've been playing with Garibaldi Express and it has been very easy to use. I did a quick take on a Dwarf today - with Garibaldi Hair, eyebrows, mustache, and chest hair. It is very easy to use (even for a novice like me).

Image Attachments
Dwarf-r7.jpg
 Signature 

My Blog
My World of Trexlin website

Posted: 31 October 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4626
Joined  2004-07-01
any news on windows version

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3320
Joined  2009-08-05
Ye..I'd like to test that out..
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
bigh - 31 October 2012 08:15 AM
any news on windows version

Don't worry... Sometime this week. Just a bit more patience required.
Trust me it does exist...
Image Attachments
Capture02.JPG

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
cool. How do you sign up for the beta as a tester?
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Zev0 - 31 October 2012 05:13 PM
cool. How do you sign up for the beta as a tester?

Go to the download page at http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/
Only the Mac OS X version is currently available. You'll receive an email later this week as soon as the Windows version is ready to download.

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Thanks man.smile Looking forward to it.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Hi Guys, I am just back from 5 days of cold and darkness thanks to Hurricane Sandy , the hell is over
I hope I never make it again ... I take break until Monday as a lot of stuff have to be done before I can run everything again .. just in case you wondered why I was quiet ...
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2004-12-19
Mec4D - 02 November 2012 08:00 PM
Hi Guys, I am just back from 5 days of cold and darkness thanks to Hurricane Sandy , the hell is over
I hope I never make it again ... I take break until Monday as a lot of stuff have to be done before I can run everything again .. just in case you wondered why I was quiet ...

Glad you are OK & didn't get the worst of Miss Sandy (hugs)
 Signature 

MEC4D ~ 15 Years of 3D Textures, Tools & Characters 4 U~ | Reality 2.5-AVAILABLE NOW! | “Light glorifies everything…light is everything.” – Leonard Missone

10 of 77