Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Itemized order history, how do I sort by Date ordered or order #?
Posted: 18 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2003-12-16

I have 29 pages of order history, it’s alphabetical, I don’t see a way of sorting it. I need to see my last two months.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2006-03-19

AT this time you are not able to sort the history in any way. DAZ is aware of this and hopefully they will have a fix for it sometime in the near future.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2003-12-16

ok, thank you.  At least I wasn’t having a it’s right in front of me and I’m just not seeing it moment (again).

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15586
Joined  2003-10-09

although the Itemised History is not in date order,  the “My Orders” section is, so you could maybe find all your orders there, and see what you have ordered in the last 2 months, as you can view the orders.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Er, I have been with DAZ 3D for quite a few years now and I have 109 pages of Itemized Order History. After few attempts at trying to find things by going through page by page, I have lost the will to do so any more.

Other people must have massive numbers of pages.

How about at least making the list searchable, like it used to be?

Cheers,
Mike.

Posted: 20 October 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15586
Joined  2003-10-09

Itemised order history is in Alphabetical order.  The first items will be the ones with non-alphabetical symbols at the start, but once you get past those the rest is alphabetical. You can also alter the number of items on the page so it shows 50 at a time, to make it easier.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 October 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
mickeyg - 20 October 2012 02:54 AM

If you’re on Windows, then Taozen’s History Manager has a search. It’s still alphabetical order, though.

It’s in my sig.

If you’re stuck with Itemized Order History, there’s a tip to make it less painful.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?p=2

Change the “2” at the end of the link, to the page number you want..

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 21 October 2012 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finding a page by modifying the url is a neat trick - thanks smile.

And yes, the Itemized Order History is obviously in alphabetical order - I realized that. If I had an equal number of purchased items under each letter of the alphabet, then it would be fairly straightforward to use arithmetic to calculate the page number. But the world is not like that and I don’t have items equally spread like that. Just making the list searchable would solve the problem instantly.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies,
Mike.

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2006-09-06
T Jaiman - 20 October 2012 06:15 AM
mickeyg - 20 October 2012 02:54 AM

If you’re on Windows, then Taozen’s History Manager has a search. It’s still alphabetical order, though.

It’s in my sig.

If you’re stuck with Itemized Order History, there’s a tip to make it less painful.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?p=2

Change the “2” at the end of the link, to the page number you want..

I’m using this tool meanwhile as well - and it’s by far the best for this purpose, which I’ve ever seen.
Loading is easy, updating as well and you only have to scroll through ONE page to find the item, you’re searching for ! *boththumbsup*

Maybe, Daz should use it, too wink

Signature 

Formerly: 900 posts

Bringing up a petition for our old and cute smileys ?!! rolleyes

Posted: 21 October 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2008-06-12

I’ve said this before, but it would be an adequate solution if there were a button that caused a complete order history, in some easily-processed form like comma-separated-values or XML, to be downloaded.  One could then use any number of tools on one’s own computer to sort, search, tabulate, index, brief, debrief, or number one’s order history.  And no matter how complicated Magneto is inside, this sort of thing should be extremely easy to implement.

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2003-10-09
Ostadan - 21 October 2012 04:58 PM

I’ve said this before, but it would be an adequate solution if there were a button that caused a complete order history, in some easily-processed form like comma-separated-values or XML, to be downloaded.  One could then use any number of tools on one’s own computer to sort, search, tabulate, index, brief, debrief, or number one’s order history.  And no matter how complicated Magneto is inside, this sort of thing should be extremely easy to implement.

This makes far too much sense.  Therefore it will never happen.  Much like government solutions.

We are doomed for an indeterminant time to kludge our way around the much “improved” DAZ website that apparently requires so much time to fix to be even generally functional (months and months, so far) that really useful things like a sortable purchase list is still undone. :-(

And this oft given reply that “the list is alphabetical, just jump to the right page and ‘viola’ you have it”, works (with some difficulty) only if you know the first letter of the exact title of the item you’re looking for.  :-Q

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 22 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2010-12-13
Ostadan - 21 October 2012 04:58 PM

I am NOT a number, I am a FREE item! (Sorry, the #6 in me couldn’t resist.) LOL

I agree the simple ability to dump the whole history to a CSV file would be a vast (not half-vast) improvement…

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 23 October 2012 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2008-05-31

Have anyboody tried asking them for this? Don’t think they read the forums.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2003-10-09
Taozen - 23 October 2012 06:10 PM

I’ve read a number of times that DAZ has said that they are aware of this issue.

Which is like saying that the State, local and Federal highway departments are aware that road & bridge infrastructure is in disrepair. :-o

Apparently there are just not enough qualified personnel or finances available to properly tackle either problem.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2003-10-09

As chohole said earlier, just click on ‘My Orders’ as that list is in most recent date order. Set the number of orders displayed to 50 and then just view each order in a new window. That’s how I view my recent orders anyway.

Posted: 24 October 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2008-05-31
LeatherGryphon - 24 October 2012 10:33 AM
Taozen - 23 October 2012 06:10 PM

I’ve read a number of times that DAZ has said that they are aware of this issue.

Yes, but I don’t think a CSV or XML solution would be the first one they’d think of, as most people probably don’t even know what these formats are or how to use them. But I imagine they might offer it as an alternative to whatever general solution they might choose, if you ask for it, as it is so easy to make.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

1 of 2