Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}
Posted: 02 November 2012 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2008-11-10
scorpio64dragon - 02 November 2012 02:37 AM
lms501 - 02 November 2012 01:11 AM

I bought this set because it is promoted as being ‘remodelled’ for M5 and whilst the textures and morphs are fantastic I was very disappointed to discover that it is still using M4 UVs; especially as it doesn’t come with vascular displacement. I was hoping to be able to use the M5 displacement maps. :(

I’m afraid I have to agree this looks like a really good character and texture but its not really as advertised, for M5 if the maps don’t use the M5 UV’s.
I’m finding the lack of use of M5’s proper UV’s dissapointing.

Ok, to put an end to this I’ll be straight with you: did the description say that they were for the the M5 UV? Not at all. So it’s not false advertising. This project was started at the beginning of this year when a lot of the Poser/Genesis things were in flux and tempers were hsigh. So the decision was made to make the texture against the Genesis M4 UV (which is different from the regular M4 UV), so even people that use M4 could use the new textures, while Genesis owners get a texture that actually included the M5 gens… which you’ll rarely get today on characters. Even some recent releases are just M4 UVs with the M5 gens added in. With the textures the morphs were created with enough variety so that it could be a good stepping stone for getting your feet wet with M5. The DSON compatibility was added at the last minute (since it was released while Axel was in QA) and then new rigged morphs for the short bodies had to be added in at the last minute to account for issues with Poser’s scaling on one axis.

So in short Axel now serves as a good jumping on point for people using M5.

However, with the decision to use genesis M4 UV there are much more advantages:

1) There are now two generic veins maps products that work with the M4 UV. There are NONE for M5… and I’m not talking about borrowing from M5 product since those are generally specialized for that product.

2) There is a wet maps product in the store that work for the M4 UV… there are NONE for M5.

3) Older M4 products like M4 tattoo merchant resources will work with this product… since right now there are NONE for M5.

So with Axel on the genesis M4 UV you have a lot more stuff working with it than with the M5… hopefully, similar products will appear for M5… as I would love to see a generic veins product, wet maps, etc to work with our products that actually use the M5 UV.

Until then this decision made more sense. I hope this settles this.

Posted: 04 November 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2314
Joined  2007-12-13

Hi,

Something odd happens with the SSS textures in PP2012,

When you load the default SSS texture and then apply the body hair, the neck texture is the wrong colour. It stays this way when you load the default chest again. The only time everything is the right colour is if you use the default SSS texture without the body hair. It only shows up when you render and not in the preview.

The render below illustrates what I mean.

CHEERS!

PS (I noticed in the promo renders that used PP2012 and SSS that you didn’t use the body hair textures.)

Image Attachments
M5_Axel_Body_Hair_SSS.jpg

Posted: 04 November 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3380
Joined  2009-08-05

I will be making a version of my Vascularity product for M5/V5 UV’s. But only when I finish one or two projects I am currently on. Hope other vendors start supporting them as well. Logically, it makes sense sticking with m4/v5 Uv’s since they dominate the marketshare and usability factor. Making anything for M5/V5 only at this point is a guarantee’d financial hit compared to if developed on M4/V4. Unless the product supports Both UV sets, which means more development time, and a higher asking price. What we need to get the ball rolling is proper texture conversion support between the two.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Hi, again,

I worked out what the problem with the neck was, for some odd reason, the diffuse value for Skin Neck on all the body hair SSS textures was 1.0000000, I changed it to 0 and everything was fine.

Problem solved! YAY! smile

CHEERS!

EDIT:

The problem lay in the DUF file, I opened it in Notepad and looked for this line:

“url” : “name://@selection#materials/2_SkinNeck:?diffuse_strength/value”,
  “keys” : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
  }

If you change that 1 to a 0 and save it, that fixes it.

Image Attachments
M5_Axel_Body_Hair_SSS_Fixed.jpg

Posted: 18 November 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4218
Joined  2011-11-25

Thanks Pixel8ted for posting screenshots of how to fix this file. I was able to do it in a few minutes. REally apprecaite it.

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Sorry, yeah, screenshots would have helped. I can never remember how to do them!

Male-M3dia should really fix the DUF and load an update as everybody will need it fixed.

CHEERS!

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-02-25

I just bought Axel International to night for my Poser 9 runtime . Axel is really gorgeous but I can’t us the morphs ( head,nipples ...) Do I have to buy something particular to access them ?

Posted: 09 December 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-25

I know why ... I have to upload a new Genesis M5 each time I want yo work with Poser . That’s it , very simple . I am very sorry being so dumb

Posted: 09 December 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2008-11-10
Rogerbee - 19 November 2012 05:05 AM

Sorry, yeah, screenshots would have helped. I can never remember how to do them!

Male-M3dia should really fix the DUF and load an update as everybody will need it fixed.

CHEERS!

Actually, this was submitted to QA a few days after the issue was found; however I don’t know why it hasn’t gotten out. I’ll have to shoot QA an email tomorrow to see where this. It probably got buried under all the major releases.

Posted: 09 December 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Oh, right, I wasn’t aware it was being dealt with.

Glad you’re on top of it anyway. It took a bit of head scratching to work out what was awry. It was only because David GB showed me how to fix an old version of the V4 Basicwear that I knew what to look for.

I’ll look out for an update all the same, just in case I ever need to reinstall him

CHEERS!

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-25

I have the same problem here . Can you tell me where is the .duf file to modify it . ( I’m on a Mac and work with Poser 9) Thank you

Image Attachments
Capture_d’écran_2012-12-10_à_15.48_.36_.png

Posted: 10 December 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-25

Thank you very much, Rogerbee, I did it but had to modify 3 .duf files : Default , hairy with gens and hairy without gens . I hope you are paid for your tips grin

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

DUF’s will always be in whichever Daz library you installed Genesis in. I only had the issue with the hairy one and only modded the one without gens as I’ll never afford the M5 Pro Bundle or fancy posing him nude anyway. For me, M5 will always remain as Mattel intended!

Being paid would be nice, but, much of what I fix can be down to a sheer fluke!

CHEERS!

Posted: 07 February 2013 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
Male-M3dia - 09 December 2012 11:40 AM
Rogerbee - 19 November 2012 05:05 AM

CHEERS!

Actually, this was submitted to QA a few days after the issue was found; however I don’t know why it hasn’t gotten out. I’ll have to shoot QA an email tomorrow to see where this. It probably got buried under all the major releases.

I just bought the Axel M5 a couple of days ago and also getting the duplicate IDs when loading any genesis character now.
i thought it was the new DIM but after Uninstalling Axel it stopped, reinstalled and started again.
Has then been updated yet, looking at this tread seems to have been an issue for awhile now?

Also for Male-M3dia where do you get the underwear for the promo ads?, I been trying to find different male underwear.
Thanks

Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 08 February 2013 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

I’m not sure on that one, we used to get a notice if something had been updated and got download resets. Nothing came that I’m aware of. I fixed the duplicate ID manually. All I do know is that newer characters don’t have the same issues, Ryuu is perfect.

CHEERS!

5 of 8