Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}
Posted: 21 October 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-02-14

If he comes on monday, I could make myself a nice birthday present smile

I like the necklace too. Where is it from?

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  912
Joined  2003-10-09

Axel for M5 is in the store, but don’t buy him yet as it appears the installers haven’t been loaded yet.  They don’t appear on the invoice and they didn’t automagically appear by resetting.  I guess I should have taken he wasn’t ready when the green “add to cart” button was missing from the product page.  I used the cart button on the listing page.

edit: I submitted a support ticket to resolve the problem.

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  476
Joined  2006-03-14
Juju - 21 October 2012 04:44 AM

The necklace is from the M4 Vernaril outfit.

Happy Birthday fellow Librian! (My bday too).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5 He’s now readyyyyy 20% off!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/forbiddenwhispers

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-14
Lindsey - 23 October 2012 03:39 AM

Axel for M5 is in the store, but don’t buy him yet as it appears the installers haven’t been loaded yet.  They don’t appear on the invoice and they didn’t automagically appear by resetting.  I guess I should have taken he wasn’t ready when the green “add to cart” button was missing from the product page.  I used the cart button on the listing page.

edit: I submitted a support ticket to resolve the problem.

Just contacted the store myself as well. Hopefully this’ll be resolved asap.

Sorry for the mess up,

Anna
xxx

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-14

Ok DAZ have pulled the product until it is fixed. It should be re-released in the morning, DAZ time.

Thanks for your understanding,

Anna
xxxx

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-02-14
ForbiddenWhispers - 23 October 2012 04:06 AM
Juju - 21 October 2012 04:44 AM

The necklace is from the M4 Vernaril outfit.

Happy Birthday fellow Librian! (My bday too).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5 He’s now readyyyyy 20% off!

Thank you very much! Best wishes to you! wink

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1574
Joined  2008-11-10

Ok, and he’s live (again) wink

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5-1

Posted: 23 October 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22

Pretty impressive stuff.

Really like the morphs and the hair.

I love the fact that you guys don’t just create textures, but actually add in a bunch of morphs along with it.  So useful.  This is probably a buy for me :)

(Oh, and you guys might want to check the link in the first post.  I think it went dead :-S)

Posted: 23 October 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10

Yeah, we’ll have to wait until gets back to get that updated.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2003-10-09

Axel looks like a fine character model. I do have one question…is that a squared ridge or lip that runs along the bottom of his pec? In the images it looks like he has something there, particularly prominent as it passes under his nipple, maybe an inch below. Maybe an artifact of the render? I am eager to buy the product, but want to see about this first.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
xjadexxx - 23 October 2012 02:04 PM

Axel looks like a fine character model. I do have one question…is that a squared ridge or lip that runs along the bottom of his pec? In the images it looks like he has something there, particularly prominent as it passes under his nipple, maybe an inch below. Maybe an artifact of the render? I am eager to buy the product, but want to see about this first.

Which picture is this? Just out of curiosity.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2003-10-09

In the 5th picture, with the tall and short person, you can see it on their left pec…on the 6th and 7th shirtless renders, on the right pec, particularly on the one with the speedo at the 5 o’clock position from the nipple…on the 8th with the older gentleman from 6 to 7 o’clock…on the 9th picture, on the left pec, and in this the profile of the right pec seems to show a lower “lip” under the nipple as the pec curves back into the torso…a few more down where the slendor torso is shown at partial profile, the left pec profile shows a sharp cut back to the torso…again a bit down, next to the picture with the mustache, the pec seems to have a crispness to the transition from light to shadow near the nipple that indicates a ridge…

Again, I think it is a great model, and I own others from the vendor. I cannot tell if this is an artifact from the texture, perhaps using enforced shadowing to enforce shape, or displacement mapping, or geometry cutting back too hard, or something else.

I would like to purchase the model, but I would like some information on this first.

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4127
Joined  2011-11-25

yeah! I bought this package! can’t wait to load Axel and buddies into my runtime tonight!

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
xjadexxx - 23 October 2012 02:33 PM

In the 5th picture, with the tall and short person, you can see it on their left pec…on the 6th and 7th shirtless renders, on the right pec, particularly on the one with the speedo at the 5 o’clock position from the nipple…on the 8th with the older gentleman from 6 to 7 o’clock…on the 9th picture, on the left pec, and in this the profile of the right pec seems to show a lower “lip” under the nipple as the pec curves back into the torso…a few more down where the slendor torso is shown at partial profile, the left pec profile shows a sharp cut back to the torso…again a bit down, next to the picture with the mustache, the pec seems to have a crispness to the transition from light to shadow near the nipple that indicates a ridge…

Again, I think it is a great model, and I own others from the vendor. I cannot tell if this is an artifact from the texture, perhaps using enforced shadowing to enforce shape, or displacement mapping, or geometry cutting back too hard, or something else.

I would like to purchase the model, but I would like some information on this first.

Um, I think you’re looking a bit hard. Like the other guys I made, the body shapes are smoothed a bit so they don’t have the hard edges as in the default M5, especially around the nipple and lower chest area… since there’s not (and can’t make) a truly “smooth” M5 shape and you can’t make a flat chested M5, they all have to have a little bit of chest.

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2009-01-09

I purchased and installed Axel today. One of his morphs has a duplicate ID somewhere. I load a scene with a blank Genesis figure to start, and after I installed Axel, Studio started chirping about duplicate IDs at me.I installed the legacy version after that, hoping that it would have a DSF so that I could use Richard Haseltine’s script to clean up the duplicates, but no such luck; Axel has no public-facing DSFs. In fact, the legacy version then started chirping about Duplicate Formulas.

I then uninstalled both versions of Axel and the Duplicate ID message didn’t appear the next time I started Studio. Reinstalled him, and the message was back. According to the log file, this is what’s happening:

Duplicate id “FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale” found in file “/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Male_M3dia/Axel International M5/FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale.dsf”

No big deal, of course, just moderately annoying.

Duplicate ID issue aside, comparing the carryover morphs is weirdly interesting. Mostly the faces; it’s harder to match up or remember the particular bodies. Below, Christopher and Christopher.  Telling which is which is easy enough, of course, and would be even if M5 didn’t have stars upon h’ars. I mean, his. I didn’t realize that I’d used one of M4’s brawnier bodies for Christopher until I saw them together.

Image Attachments
christopher-christopher-01.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

2 of 8