Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Ghost Illustrated Novel?
Posted: 18 October 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-05-14

well, i think it’s pretty cool having it on the site—it’s art, and this is an art site, right?

i remember seeing some of the Ghost character images on the daz gallery waaaay back when i first joined daz—so congratulations to the creators for so many years of hard work finally coming to fruition!

i was actually going to pop it in the cart, but since i’m on a mac, i guess the current version won’t work for me. downer

Posted: 18 October 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m glad to see it here in the store and I would love to see others follow.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
SqueeZings - Poses for Squee
Cool & Sexy - Poses for Stephanie 5
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 18 October 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2007-06-13

I’ve got to say I think it is sort of strange to see a “finished product” in the store too, but then again, why not? I don’t really see a conflict, and the book looks very cool. Besides, the creator seems like a nice person and I like to support personable vendors. Offering an e-book isn’t really that different from offering a written tutorial. I wouldn’t anticipate Daz suddenly flooding the store with an insane amount of digital books, but offering a few select works that really showcase the products used doesn’t bother me. I’ve paid more for inspirational art and the book looks like a good read and great value.

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2011-05-15

I don’t see any issue with having it for sale. What I would say, though, is that DAZ probably needs to seriously look into creating a separate storefront for gallery images for sale, comic books made using DAZ products as well as DVDs, etc. I think all of their tutorial stuff could fall under the same category, so why not?

Retail is retail, revenue is revenue.

So long as the thing that was created used DAZ in some way shape or form, I’d love to see a storefront full of that stuff.

But I agree—it’s off-putting when it’s in the middle of a 3D figure search. Same way tutorial DVDs sold on DAZ appear in the same search.

And hey—the more 3D artists have places to sell their stuff the better. DA has a pretty nice set up for people who want to buy prints. Why not DAZ?

Signature 

Swing by and Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/dumpprep

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  379
Joined  2004-08-23

Its a GREAT thing to see something like this in the store!

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2003-10-09

I saw the flipbook and was most curious, it caught my eye and interested me. I had no reservations of it being in the store here. I remember Mr. Finnegan’s Giving Chest and would recommend it to those with children in their lives. It is wonderfully written, illustrated and has a great message.

I also remember Daniel (ArchangelGabriel) from way back on the forums as a very gifted artist and a nice guy if I recall correctly. How thrilling this must be for you to have a long project dream reach its goal. I will not say final goal because there is always so much more you can do with a good story. 

As far as price, I thought it was a great price for an introduction to something that has not been seen here before. I for one will certainly buy it! I extend my congratulations to all involved and wish you a very fruitful future. grin  Jenny

2 of 2