Digital Art Zone

Content Manager “No Selection”
Posted: 17 October 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  2005-03-16

I am having a problem with content added to the Content Manager.  I downloaded all of the free Gen 4 figures back when Daz offered them and have installed them in to Daz Studio 4.5.  I then added metadata to all of them and added them to the Content Manager to use with Smart Content.

The problem lies with several of the figures being “unselectable” therefore not filtering the Smart Content for that figure.  Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Stephanie 4, SheFreak 4, and The Girl 4 all work fine.  When I select one of these figures either by clicking her in the scene or selecting her in the Scene Pane, her materials, poses, etc show up just fine in the Content Manager.

However, Michael 4, Hiro 4, Freak 4 and The Kids 4 have the Actor selection greyed out (in the drop-down box of the Content Manager) and says “No Selection”, thereby showing no content for them in the Content Manager.

I can load the figures through the Content Manager, but once loaded they are not showing as a selection.  Make sense?  I set up the metadata exactly the same as I did for the Victoria characters, but they are not working like the girls do.

I have removed the metadata, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc for these characters, and I have used the Content DB Maintenance to remove invalid paths, but to no avail.

Do I have outdated/bad files?  These figures are no longer free, so I don’t know what to do.  I like the Content Manager and want to use it for all my figures.  I know about using the File Manager, but don’t want to go that way if I can help it.

I have also stopped and started the Content Management Service, so that isn’t the problem.

I tried searching the forum and the knowledge base, but no luck.  Any help would be great.

Brian

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 17 October 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  2005-03-16

Well, after trying nearly every setting in Daz Studio and comparing each between Michael 4 and Victoria 4 to see what was different, I found my solution.  Here it is, in case anyone else has the same problem:

I had to load Michael (or anything else with this problem) into the scene and select him.  Then in the context menu I chose Edit:Set Default Compatibility Bases.  In the Compatibility Root box, I clicked on the elipse (...) beside the box and chose Generation 4/Michael 4 from the bases listed.  Hit accept, then accept again.

Then, in the same context menu, choose Edit:Scene Identification.  Make sure the Compatibility Base (last item) is the same as what you set in the previous step (Generation 4/Michael 4).  Click Accept and that’s it.  Well, almost.  You have to close the figure (delete from scene) and reload it into the scene, but from now on, it works!:-)

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2012-07-21

Thanks, brischloss.
I was having the same problem. Had already figured out it was a compatibility base issue, but didn’t how and where to fix it.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt