Digital Art Zone

7 of 15
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!
Posted: 23 October 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  528
Joined  0

Just noticed the same when I ran the Daz History Manager. I reset a couple of items but found no Poser Companion files.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5705
Joined  2006-02-20
adzan - 23 October 2012 03:28 PM

Hi

Was the Daz official Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser thread set to read only?  because I can’t quote or leave a new response.  this thread >  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9405/

It was ended with

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9860/

We have updated the DSON Importer for Poser and resolved this issue as well as a couple others.

Kat

Which is leading to this thread, so this is the official continuation of the official thread.
New because of the update of the DSON importer.

To circumnavigate the no quote problem: copy / paste the text to an answer here and use the “quote” formatting.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Byrdie - 23 October 2012 05:09 PM

Just noticed the same when I ran the Daz History Manager. I reset a couple of items but found no Poser Companion files.

I am afraid Daz had the brilliant idea to use the title of the category (Genesis + Poser) to add everything that is Poser compatible.
Don’t ask me how we are intended to find out which Genesis products are updated ...
rolleyes

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  528
Joined  0

Er ... that would mean most of the store, wouldn’t it? At least three quarters, wonder who came up with that one? And what they were thinking at the time.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
Kerya - 24 October 2012 12:20 AM
Byrdie - 23 October 2012 05:09 PM

I am afraid Daz had the brilliant idea to use the title of the category (Genesis + Poser) to add everything that is Poser compatible.
Don’t ask me how we are intended to find out which Genesis products are updated ...
rolleyes

The Epic Wings and Stephanie 5 were never Poser compatable and definietely need the PCF to work.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05

I have also noticed that most of the stuff that showed up yesterday in the genesis poser category is gone.

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06

Yes, it was a mistake, hopefully all the incorrect stuff has been removed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
fixmypcmike - 24 October 2012 08:59 PM

Yes, it was a mistake, hopefully all the incorrect stuff has been removed.

You got my hopes up… I wanted to use the epic wings in Poser. :(

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Well - there is now 121 products (compared to the 106 before, so there are more now):
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Mavka has been updated! smile

By the way: if you download Taozen’s newest version of the Dazhistorymanager: it can search your order history for DSON updates.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2003-10-09

but I am on mac and haven’t got taozen’s history manager to work yet.  And DAZ have mixed the new DSON compatible stuff in amongst the old stuff which I already have bought a ton of, so now I don’t know what things I still need to buy.  At present I am just looking at the most recent things on the first page but I know from the number of items that I am missing stuff (I just don’t know what without too much work)
Love esther

Posted: 25 October 2012 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
esther - 25 October 2012 04:29 AM

but I am on mac and haven’t got taozen’s history manager to work yet.  And DAZ have mixed the new DSON compatible stuff in amongst the old stuff which I already have bought a ton of, so now I don’t know what things I still need to buy.  At present I am just looking at the most recent things on the first page but I know from the number of items that I am missing stuff (I just don’t know what without too much work)
Love esther

Well - at least the mixup was cleared. Now they just have to make the page readable again.
Look for this category
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all
It’s 121 items now.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2003-10-09

I purchased the Michael 5 Pro Bundle which included BOTH shaved and un-shaved body MATs for Phillip.

However, when I download and install the Michael 5 Pro Bundle Poser Companion files, only the shaved version of Phillip is included.

How can I get the Poser Companion files for the Michael 5 un-shaved Phillip MATs?

Posted: 25 October 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
Colin - 25 October 2012 09:27 AM

I purchased the Michael 5 Pro Bundle which included BOTH shaved and un-shaved body MATs for Phillip.

However, when I download and install the Michael 5 Pro Bundle Poser Companion files, only the shaved version of Phillip is included.

How can I get the Poser Companion files for the Michael 5 un-shaved Phillip MATs?

That sounds like a bug.  Have you filed a bug report before?  The address is bugs.daz3d.com
If you’ve never used it before, you need to register first—it isn’t tied to your daz3d account
In the upper right corner where it says Project, choose “Content Products”

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 October 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
fixmypcmike - 25 October 2012 10:59 AM

That sounds like a bug.  Have you filed a bug report before?  The address is bugs.daz3d.com
If you’ve never used it before, you need to register first—it isn’t tied to your daz3d account

If it’s a bug it spans more than one person. I’ve only got the unshaven Phillip texture as well. With NO tat option anywhere, and there’s none of the textures for the face for various forms of scruffiness.

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  988
Joined  2005-11-27
Sunfire - 25 October 2012 11:10 AM
fixmypcmike - 25 October 2012 10:59 AM

If it’s a bug it spans more than one person…

I think that was the point Sunfire was making by saying, “it sounds like a bug”.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

7 of 15