Digital Art Zone

6 of 15
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!
Posted: 22 October 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 22 October 2012 11:24 AM
greyson5 - 22 October 2012 11:17 AM

opening up some tori files , poser versions just say (runPythonScript “Tori V5 Shape.py”)  Tori V5 Shape.py is right next to this yet it dosnt run , it dosnt say any specific file path, neither does the py file.

so why dont they work if you edit the folder position within the pose library

Did you move the .duf file as well?

I kept all the files in the same folder , just moved the folders

Posted: 22 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I Uninstalled & re-installed Gabi for V5 , now when I load the Gabi character poser crashes & if I use the materials on a base genesis it all goes invisible no texture applying

so I removed them & created pz2 file to attach the tex to genesis ,

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9610
Joined  2007-11-06
WimvdB - 22 October 2012 01:01 PM
fixmypcmike - 22 October 2012 11:09 AM
McGrandpa - 22 October 2012 09:51 AM

Seems clear you don’t know Poser very well.  What I tried to point out to you is that Poser will not even see POSE files (pz2) if they are in say the CHARACTER folder, nor will it see or show cr2 files if they are not in the Character folder.  DS does not obey the same rules.  It WILL show poses in the wrong folder even if it won’t load them.

Poser has allowed its file types to be in any of the libraries since Poser 8.  What version of Poser are you using?

That is not completely correct either. You can place poser files arbitrarily in the folders, but you can’t save them there. The option to distinguish between the type of save is simply not available. (the + in the character category will ony save a figure, not a pose)

Yes, that’s true (something I find quite annoying, actually), but that’s not what McGrandpa was talking about.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 22 October 2012 04:20 PM

Seems clear you don’t know Poser very well.  What I tried to point out to you is that Poser will not even see POSE files (pz2) if they are in say the CHARACTER folder, nor will it see or show cr2 files if they are not in the Character folder.  DS does not obey the same rules.  It WILL show poses in the wrong folder even if it won’t load them.

Poser has allowed its file types to be in any of the libraries since Poser 8.  What version of Poser are you using?

That is not completely correct either. You can place poser files arbitrarily in the folders, but you can’t save them there. The option to distinguish between the type of save is simply not available. (the + in the character category will ony save a figure, not a pose)

Yes, that’s true (something I find quite annoying, actually), but that’s not what McGrandpa was talking about.

I know, but you were correcting him, and I was correcting you.
just to avoid people getting the wrong ideas

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3143
Joined  2004-04-25

By default, Poser will place content files according to it’s more strict runtime conventions.  The same happens if you save a character or pose.  It will, by default, add the proper extension and place it in the “proper” library.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10
WimvdB - 22 October 2012 04:23 PM

But, there’s no need to correct because the Poser allows the files to be in the same directory; it doesn’t matter whether you save them there or not…. the program still allows it, which isn’t strict and that’s the point.

Posted: 22 October 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2003-10-09
Male-M3dia - 22 October 2012 05:36 PM
WimvdB - 22 October 2012 04:23 PM

But, there’s no need to correct because the Poser allows the files to be in the same directory; it doesn’t matter whether you save them there or not…. the program still allows it, which isn’t strict and that’s the point.

Yes, there is. It simply does not work like people would expect. You can load, but you cannot SAVE it to the same position and therefore is not recommended.

Apparenty this forum has not changed at all

I’m gone

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15717
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m not entirely understanding the issue - looking at the Genesis Essentials content at least all the files are in the appropriate Poser libraries. Which content is lumping them all together in a single library (which is actually what I would prefer for third party content, but I do agree that it’s best to try to adhere to standards and then allow those of a more bloody-minded nature to rearrange stuff at their own risk)?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 October 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m trying to not to cause problems with this , all I’m saying I had Gabi, Tori, general poses, duke hair sallymae hair, pinup , posed, elite ponytail, 2 differently named folders for the journey scout & the list goes on all alphabeticaly listed in the pose library. it was getting a bit confusing & I’m only on V5 pro suite

all I did is create a clothes folder for the clothes items
hair folder for the hair etc

is that wrong

Posted: 23 October 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6573
Joined  2006-02-20
greyson5 - 23 October 2012 06:36 AM

I’m trying to not to cause problems with this , all I’m saying I had Gabi, Tori, general poses, duke hair sallymae hair, pinup , posed, elite ponytail, 2 differently named folders for the journey scout & the list goes on all alphabeticaly listed in the pose library. it was getting a bit confusing & I’m only on V5 pro suite

all I did is create a clothes folder for the clothes items
hair folder for the hair etc

is that wrong

Ehm - those poses folder in Poser are holding Poses and MatPoses (a bit of Poser history: in earlier times you had to apply all texturemaps by hand, each time, the Matposes were a circumnavigation for that).
If you created your hair folder inside the Poses folder and put the for example “duke hair” into the Poses folder, it should work fine.
If you created it outside or moved those folder in the existing “hair” folders you are out of luck.
If you mean that doubleclicking the icons in the Poses folders should load the item ... sorry, no.
To load items go to the Characters (figures), Props or Hair folder and then select the item and apply the textures with the Matposes in the Poses folder.
(General poses is by the way a collection of real poses.)

I hope I didn’t misunderstand what you wrote and that I am not boring you!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes I know there just pose & material settings , I was just using it as an example of how thought the pose & material libraries seem to be getting cluttered.

some do not work even though there still in pose & material libraries, I have not moved anything out of the libraries

my poser only pz2 & mc6 still work normally.

for instance I have the priestess for V4 & genesis, this only uses a v4 texture for both, the morphs added to genesis automaticly & I can use the poser V4 version of the texture poses to add to either

I actually created pz2 files to add gabi V5 texture to genesis yesterday, it works fine.  of course it means I lose out on any advanced material settings the creator used , but you cant have everything

I should also point out Gabi V5 didnt work at all even when first installed , the character file crashed poser (so does the dragon) & material settings made genesis invisible, so it wasnt me moving them

Posted: 23 October 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6573
Joined  2006-02-20

I don’t have Gabi, so I don’t know about her. Daz is known to have made errors before ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2007-03-10

I find the basics work fine M4,M5,V4,V5 etc. But when it come to the morph shapes (Troll for example)...all I get is a furry human. So I’m missing proper morphs, somewhere. I have installed, both the DSON files and the Poser Companion files to a separate runtime and mapped Poser Pro 2012 to it. The clothes and all work great….but the non-human morphs don’t seem to kick in even though they are present in the Morph dials.

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  198
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi

Was the Daz official Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser thread set to read only?  because I can’t quote or leave a new response.  this thread >  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9405/

I wanted to ask why the Genesis + Poser Products store category is showing a huge amount of items for the Millennium 4 figures,
surely these don’t need DSON updates because they already work in poser and having them listed is just confusing which items have been updated to DSON

this category > http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all/
if set to 60 items per page everything after the middle of page 3 is Millennium 4 or older

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

And if you have the same 60 items per page lay out, at the bottom of the second page it lists Epic Wings as being DSON compatable now, but when I reset my wings there was NO poser companion file.

6 of 15