Digital Art Zone

10 of 15
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!
Posted: 01 November 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you RAMWolff and Kerya. Questions answered.

Signature 

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett (1906-1989)

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

If i dont use poser i dont need the dson files right. I only use ds

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2005-11-27
Type 0 Negative - 02 November 2012 09:35 AM

If i dont use poser i dont need the dson files right. I only use ds

You don’t need the Poser Companion Files. The other DAZ files are the files DS uses now. DSON is actually DS 4.5’s new file format. The Importer just allows Poser to use them too.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 04 November 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2003-12-25

DAZ…  You’ve pretty much got me back.  I didn’t really “leave” I just couldn’t use your newer stuff until now.  I’m halfway through a render in poser pro 2012.  This was very painless.  I’m quite impressed, actually.  Thank you, and I hope to enjoy V5.  I really like Genesis’ shoulders.  Especially the front, where the delt area fades into the pectoral area (for females).  That area is quite the improvement on V4, which wasn’t bad to begin with.  Again thanks!

Posted: 04 November 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18

Is there any sort of smoothing modifier script that is supposed to be part of the Poser DSON scripting that I’m missing?

When Genesis clothing is autofit in Poser, the clothes get crunched/mangled around the breasts and crotch area.  This doesn’t happen in D|S because most of the time the smoothing modifier is set to 10+.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
andolaurina - 04 November 2012 08:18 PM

Is there any sort of smoothing modifier script that is supposed to be part of the Poser DSON scripting that I’m missing?

When Genesis clothing is autofit in Poser, the clothes get crunched/mangled around the breasts and crotch area.  This doesn’t happen in D|S because most of the time the smoothing modifier is set to 10+.

To my knoweledge there is no autofit in Poser. You have to conform the clothing item to Genesis, and then go to the python menu to the DSON importer and then pick the transfer active morphs.

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18
Sunfire - 04 November 2012 09:05 PM

To my knoweledge there is no autofit in Poser. You have to conform the clothing item to Genesis, and then go to the python menu to the DSON importer and then pick the transfer active morphs.

That’s what I’m talking about. Sorry. That wasn’t clear. Once the morphs are transferred in Poser, the mesh looked crumpled pretty much the same as in DS4.5Pro without the smoothing modifier on. I’m curious to know if there is supposed to be some sort of DSON script to add a smoothing modifier to Genesis clothing after running the “transfer active morphs” script.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-27
andolaurina - 04 November 2012 09:14 PM
Sunfire - 04 November 2012 09:05 PM

That’s what I’m talking about. Sorry. That wasn’t clear. Once the morphs are transferred in Poser, the mesh looked crumpled pretty much the same as in DS4.5Pro without the smoothing modifier on. I’m curious to know if there is supposed to be some sort of DSON script to add a smoothing modifier to Genesis clothing after running the “transfer active morphs” script.

Are these Genesis clothes, or clothes for other characters?

Signature 

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18
TheWheelMan - 04 November 2012 10:49 PM

Genesis clothing. (DSON-compatible)

It’s mainly an issue with skirts around the crotch area.  Also, sometimes it happens around the lower bust area.

It doesn’t happen on plain ole gray Genesis. It’s on morphed Genesis (with morphs transferred to the clothing).

Two examples of gene pool morphs where this happens: Aiko 3 and the Basic Child. It happens on all of the women in particular but it’s very obvious on those two.

Textures sometimes obscure the problem. The skirt has to be longer than a short miniskirt to see it.

Again, it’s not an issue in DS because of the smoothing modifier.

Signature 

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
andolaurina - 04 November 2012 10:53 PM
TheWheelMan - 04 November 2012 10:49 PM

Genesis clothing. (DSON-compatible)

It’s mainly an issue with skirts around the crotch area.  Also, sometimes it happens around the lower bust area.

It doesn’t happen on plain ole gray Genesis. It’s on morphed Genesis (with morphs transferred to the clothing).

Two examples of gene pool morphs where this happens: Aiko 3 and the Basic Child. It happens on all of the women in particular but it’s very obvious on those two.

Textures sometimes obscure the problem. The skirt has to be longer than a short miniskirt to see it.

Again, it’s not an issue in DS because of the smoothing modifier.

Once you’ve got your pose picked and your clothing transferred and all, you might be able to use the morph brush to smooth things. I’ve had some luck with it, I suspect my lack of regular luck comes from a lack of regular use.

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

Yeah, I use the morph brush all the time. But for some reason, Genesis slows down Poser to a crawl for me. (am I the only one?) So, it can take a long time to use the morph brush to fix it. I was hoping there was some easier way. (i.e. some smoothing modifier script for DSON I didn’t know about!) smile

Signature 

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-27
andolaurina - 04 November 2012 11:15 PM

Yeah, I use the morph brush all the time. But for some reason, Genesis slows down Poser to a crawl for me. (am I the only one?) So, it can take a long time to use the morph brush to fix it. I was hoping there was some easier way. (i.e. some smoothing modifier script for DSON I didn’t know about!) smile

Turn subdivision off while posing, saving, etc., and only turn it back on for rendering. From what I’ve read, that should solve the slowness problem.

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05

I have heard others have a lot of slow down, but I’ve not noticed a lot of slow down.

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6458
Joined  2006-02-20

Slow DSONed Genesis in Poser?

Try these:

If your viewport is moving too slowly, you can set the figure’s subdivision to “OFF” while you work within the scene. Turn it back to its previous value before you render. Genesis defaults to SubDivision Level 1. (This can also be set in MeshResolution > SubDivision Level in the Parameter Pane.)

and

If anybody has had problems with PP2012 becoming unresponsive when Genesis is loaded, go into your General Preferences and see if Multi-threaded Bending is checked. If it is, uncheck it. I had it checked and didn’t notice much when other figures were loaded as I have a quad core laptop. Since unchecking it I haven’t had any issues. (Touch wood!)

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 November 2012 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 05 November 2012 01:41 AM

Slow DSONed Genesis in Poser?

Try these:

If your viewport is moving too slowly, you can set the figure’s subdivision to “OFF” while you work within the scene. Turn it back to its previous value before you render. Genesis defaults to SubDivision Level 1. (This can also be set in MeshResolution > SubDivision Level in the Parameter Pane.)

and

If anybody has had problems with PP2012 becoming unresponsive when Genesis is loaded, go into your General Preferences and see if Multi-threaded Bending is checked. If it is, uncheck it. I had it checked and didn’t notice much when other figures were loaded as I have a quad core laptop. Since unchecking it I haven’t had any issues. (Touch wood!)

The importer gets incredibly slow when you add a couple of genesis figures. I you add one, set subdivision to 0, add and conform clothing and do this with 5 or more figures, it slows down to a crawl for each new item you add. It not only costs huge amount of memory, but adding a new items takes a few minutes when you get over 5 figures. Doing the same with gen4 figures costs just a few seconds and uses a lot less memory
Once it is loaded, it behaves like the gen4 figures, it is just the importer which gets very, very slow

10 of 15