Digital Art Zone

6 of 21
In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah
Posted: 06 June 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Fisty - 06 June 2012 08:43 AM

Oh yeah, they’re tons and tons of uses for this pack.

(I used one of the faked gems on the nails of my rainbow Hitomi)

Finger nails…now there’s a good idea. I’ll try the pearls on the teeth sometime too.

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2006-08-24
WhiteMyst - 04 June 2012 01:12 PM

Wow Loving the renders Marieah and Fisty!  Saving pennies now, must have this!  Will these work in DS 3 ( I think you said in the old forum but I can’t remember)?

Fisty - 04 June 2012 02:02 PM

Yes

Thanks for the reply Fisty! 

Sorry it took so long to reply back, my stupid computer shut down right in the middle of me trying to post the other day, then yesterday was shopping day and it was a long one, I was to tired to even turn on the computer when I got home. 

I’m looking forward to this set, awesome work ladies!

Edited to fix messed up quoting…...

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  958
Joined  2005-11-21

Well I has some kinda bad news..  >Most< of it works in DS3.  The presets that use Uber Surface (the precious gems, the faked sparkly gems, and the pearls) don’t look the same in DS3 as they do in DS4.  No idea why.  It’s also likely were I to install DS3 and try to make them work that then they would not work right in DS4.  >.<  The results from my wonderful tester seemed to look a lot like what you get when you use a poser mat in DS, so not great.
So yeah.. this is pretty much an utter failure on Daz’ part and I’m pretty pissed about it.

The pendant prop and about 85% of the presets will work fine in DS3, but the others won’t without some manual adjustment.

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, we’ll still have more shaders than we could shake a stick at to play with. A pity about the 15% that are determined to be modern. The trick is going to be whether they’ll work in DS4.5. But I suspect you’ll have that nailed down before you let them out.

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Even if some shaders don’t work in DS 3 I will still be buying the set for the ones that do….also some day in the future I hope to be able to move up to DS 4! smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Hope the title change didn’t confuse anyone.  Just thought, since they BOTH popped in multiple times I should make it more officially all about their new product!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 June 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2005-04-06
Fisty - 31 May 2012 11:45 PM

This is the size it loads in at..  shown on Beltine’s necklace.

Thank you so much for the smaller pendants!  smile

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 10 June 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
WhiteMyst - 10 June 2012 03:44 PM

Even if some shaders don’t work in DS 3 I will still be buying the set for the ones that do….also some day in the future I hope to be able to move up to DS 4! smile

Yeah, me too. I’ll buy them when they are in the store. Fisty and Marieah makes wonderful stuff!!

Ohhh yeah! Have you tried the Furify-shader? It’s probably one of those I really love to use!

Posted: 12 June 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2006-09-06

The more I see, the more I must have these shaders, but nonetheless I have another question: will it be possible to use Gemologica as well in Bryce 7 Pro and will it still work, if the object with the shader will be transferred to Bryce ?
Or will it work in Carrara, too ? I don’t use Carrara, but I know some people, who might be interested very much.

Signature 

Formerly: 900 posts

Bringing up a petition for our old and cute smileys ?!! rolleyes

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  958
Joined  2005-11-21

A lot of the semi precious gems should transfer pretty well, though you’ll probably need to set the tiling numbers again.  The pearls, and precious gems, and shell types rely heavily on specular and reflection tricks that probably wouldn’t transfer over well.  I have no idea how the metals would translate but both those programs already have nice metal materials.  All the extra displacement/bump things should work, even if they don’t come along for the ride they could be plugged in.  I don’t know how those 2 programs handle normal maps, some of the pendant designs use normals.

So.. short answer - somewhat, but don’t buy this for only that.  If it’s a bonus type thing then you might have some fun with it.

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 13 June 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2005-07-24

I would like to see Symbols for the Yearly Chinese Zodiac and perhaps the Greek planetary Symbols.

A nice Cohesive collection of both Greek and Chinese Zodiac signs would be very much appreciated.

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24
Norse Graphics - 10 June 2012 09:22 PM
WhiteMyst - 10 June 2012 03:44 PM

Yeah, me too. I’ll buy them when they are in the store. Fisty and Marieah makes wonderful stuff!!

Ohhh yeah! Have you tried the Furify-shader? It’s probably one of those I really love to use!

Oh yeah, I looooove the Furify shader!!

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25

I can’t believe I missed this thread for so long…

(Looks at new forum again)... ok, I believe it! Anyway, good work, you two! I am SO looking forward to this. :)

Chinese zodiac symbols would be fun… and maybe some common Chinese characters. Let me know if you want help with either of these.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-03-12

SHINEYS!

I’m totally willing to brave all the recent site bugs for them.

Posted: 13 June 2012 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Ghostpanther - 12 June 2012 04:40 PM

The more I see, the more I must have these shaders, but nonetheless I have another question: will it be possible to use Gemologica as well in Bryce 7 Pro and will it still work, if the object with the shader will be transferred to Bryce ?
Or will it work in Carrara, too ? I don’t use Carrara, but I know some people, who might be interested very much.

Both Fisty and I are DS developers rather than Bryce or Carrara.

But if an experienced Bryce or Carrara developer were to contact us about making a separate product, I’m sure an arrangement could be reached.

6 of 21