Digital Art Zone

12 of 21
In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah
Posted: 26 July 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

*makes grabby hands* Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 26 July 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2005-10-26

I stoppped getting notifications for this thread, :(  The new promos are gorgeous as always!!

Signature 

Old post count 4147
MY DA Gallery : http://flashback37.deviantart.com/

Posted: 26 July 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

By the way, Fisty—this is all based on your work: a small snippet of my most recent renderings.

I used various gem shaders from Jeweled Finery to that freebie rose (I think it was from some freebie DAZ holiday celebration pack, Valentine’s Day rose)—ruby for the flower, peridot for leaves, emerald for stem, and topaz for thorns.

The glass and wine is all yours too. smile Thanks, they really spiced up things.

Image Attachments
A_Kiss_from_a_Rose.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 26 July 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

Oh my!  How very beautiful Mariah and Fisty!  I was already so excited about the amazing range of choices and Fisty’s wonderful pendant, and now there are these gorgeous paula shells and pearls! I’m so looking forward to this set - (just starting to get a bit terrified at what the cost is going to be as so many more unbelievable options keep getting added! Gulp!)

Thanks sikeus for the great jewelry download links as well!  Now I’m all set, just need these shaders lol.

Also, beautiful rose skiriki!  I hadn’t thought to apply shaders in that manner and now I’m wondering what else would look good rendered as glass or crystal - what a great idea!

Really hoping to see this in the store soon! Thanks for all your hard work ladies!  -Cathy

Posted: 26 July 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  974
Joined  2005-11-21

Someone was using decimate on Genesis to reduce polycount and then using my glass shader on it.. looked really awesome, like crystal man.  In the new precious gem promo I’m rendering right now I used the shaders on gems, of course, but also on some bottles…. makes a really nice crystal bottle if you use the smooth surface adjustment preset after applying the gem shader.

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 26 July 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

I’m glad people have appreciated the links. smile

I’ve created a new category at the end of that post, “Non-Renderosity Freebies” and I added Fisty’s link to the stand-alone gems there. I’m happy to add more links if they’re posted to this thread or PM’d to me.

Fisty and Marieah, those promos are gorgeous, and I can’t wait to start making some like them myself.. At some point if it’s not too much trouble, I’d love to know the render and light settings (or light sets, as the case may be) that you used on them. That would be a wonderful jump off point for newbies.

Posted: 26 July 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

=)

Image Attachments
PreciousGemCupPromo.jpg
 Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 26 July 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

*makes more grabby hands* God, at this rate I will turn into a dragon from all these dragon-thoughts.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 26 July 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

Pixel and shadow samples 18-20, raytraces bounces 4, shading rate 0.1 to 0.25 depending on how much time I have.
I use a basic 3 distance light setup for developing ( Download here, there is a nearly identical Poser light rig in there too, I use them for making my products look the same in both programs.)  And I’ve been using Lantio’s Fashion lights for a lot of my promos.  You may have to lower the intensity a tiny bit on the specular light with his, but test render first, it’s usually perfect.

Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 26 July 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
Fisty - 26 July 2012 01:19 PM

Pixel and shadow samples 18-20, raytraces bounces 4, shading rate 0.1 to 0.25 depending on how much time I have.
I use a basic 3 distance light setup for developing ( Download here, there is a nearly identical Poser light rig in there too, I use them for making my products look the same in both programs.)  And I’ve been using Lantio’s Fashion lights for a lot of my promos.  You may have to lower the intensity a tiny bit on the specular light with his, but test render first, it’s usually perfect.

Thanks! I wouldn’t have thought to set the pixel samples that high, so that’s very helpful. I’m excited to try out the light set. I think the links somehow got jumbled together, so I pulled them out into separate links.

FistyDevLights_DS2_P5.zip
DS3-3LightRig.zip

Posted: 26 July 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

Oh, oops, thanks =)  The DS3-3LightRig is almost exactly like the DevLight but it’s a tad brighter and uses raytraced shadows instead of mapped.  It’s a bit slower, especially with transparency, wouldn’t suggest using it with the precious gems unless you have a lot of hours available to not use your computer.  The Dev lights are super fast with just about anything.  If you use them with a character that has strong translucence on their skin you’ll want to turn shadows on for the rim light.

Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 29 July 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

Good news everyone. Gemologica sailed straight through QA wirh nary a query. We should get installers in the next couple of days, and hopefully it will be in the store within a week.

grin

Now, let’s see if I can find a promo you haven’t seen….everything pales a bit next to Fisty’s incredible chalice of gems,

Image Attachments
Popup8a.jpg

Posted: 29 July 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

SQUEE! I can hardly wait!

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 July 2012 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2005-10-26

Sweet!

Signature 

Old post count 4147
MY DA Gallery : http://flashback37.deviantart.com/

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5954
Joined  2006-02-20

Made me think of you:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/63840/browse/5/3D-Model/set-14
http://www.sharecg.com/v/63843/browse/5/3D-Model/set-15

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

12 of 21