Digital Art Zone

2 of 21
In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah
Posted: 31 May 2012 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2005-11-21

Hey look, a thread!

I added 26 more presets today.  LOL But it should be done now save for private testing and promos… and waiting for the daz store to be functional enough.  (I can’t even put things in my cart at the moment)

The pendant is huge, yes.  LOL I’ll make morphs to scale the disk and the bail, I haven’t gotten that far yet, it’s just a mapped .obj still.  It’s not going to be fit to any specific character, it’s just a free floating prop with all its translation and scale dials available.

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2005-10-24

I really can’t wait for this set! It looks absolutely fantastic!

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 31 May 2012 08:52 AM

Only see 10 of the 12 star signs… are they all there?  I can’t make out which one is Capricorn (my star sign)  grin

No you don’t. What you see is two of the 12 - Pisces and Cancer - along with 10 assorted emblems of different kinds from the total of 60. Here are all of them. The differences in clarity are purely a result of the lighting and the busy-ness of the semi precious stones I chose to apply them too. Obviously, the fewer features on the background, the better the carving will look. This would be so in real life as well.

There are two versions of Capricorn - it’s my birth sign as well - applied to the birthstones of Turquoise and Garnet. It’s only the lighting that is giving turquoise a dark surround. The Garnet uses Uber SS because the precious gems are Uber SS. The rest are DS Default. It will be very important once you are using this set to match your emblems, engraving and embossing to the kind of surface you are applying it to. They are all clearly labelled, so it shouldn’t be too hard.

I left out the Pisces as it’s pretty clear in the earlier render. I’ll redo Taurus because I just noticed it cameo (carved in) when the rest are intaglio (carved out).

On resizing the pendant, I’ll leave that to Fisty to answer.

Image Attachments
pendantastro.jpg

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Just did a quick count. There are about 822 presets, including Fisty’s latest ones that I haven’t seen yet.

This doesn’t count the utility presets, but does count both USS and Default partials for embossing etc.

This is the biggest set ever. It’s bigger than the total for the two Totally Bazaar products. And the really good news is that we’re not going to split it up.

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

The pendant has 12 morphs now.

Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

This is the size it loads in at..  shown on Beltine’s necklace.

Image Attachments
DiskPendantSize.jpg
 Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Fisty - 31 May 2012 11:45 PM

This is the size it loads in at..  shown on Beltine’s necklace.

http://fisty.blackraven3d.com/Images/DiskPendantSize.jpg

Hey, that looks almost like one of my necklaces—the only difference is that mine has a holographic (genuine, that is) lion for Leo in it. wink

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Those all look so fabulous! grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2006-10-07

Amazing piece of work Fisty! You two have done some amazing work on these shaders.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
shadowhawk1 - 01 June 2012 12:00 AM

Amazing piece of work Fisty! You two have done some amazing work on these shaders.

Thanks shadowhawk. And thank you for your contribution.

Here are some of the contents of another folder you haven’t seen yet. It’s the “Fun and Fantasy” and it’s chock full of colored plastics in plain and funky designs as well as wood for beads. There is also a “Cords and Chains” folder with dozens of different rubbers and presents to transform plain cords into silver or gold chains.

The pendant in the picture is Fisty’s one that’s in the product with some morphs applied. You’ll need to use your own own cord or chain with it. For the choker in these images, I grabbed one from another set and applied colored rubber to it from the Cords and Chains folder.

Image Attachments
funky1.jpg
funky2.jpg

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2006-10-07

Here are some more images of the different textures available in this set. The two of you made it very hard to pick from, it is HUGE!! I tried to go for the more obscure textures to include the ropes and chains options included in the set. I also tried to vary the tiling so that you might see what so look like larger and smaller.  I also have to give props to Fisty for the amazing Prop I am using it was my birthday present from her this is its first use. Couldn’t think of a better way to break it in. Amazing work ladies you should be proud of this set.

Image Attachments
promo1.jpg
promo2.jpg
Promo3.jpg
 Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Totally awesome…. I like the prop’s looks very much!  Will be fun to play with.  So will this set just include these props as extras or will you do a separate set of jewelry to sell along side the shader set??

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-21

The set will include the round pendant prop and the 800+ shader presets.  The emblem Shadowhawk used I made for him for his birthday, it’s up to him if he wants anyone else to have it.

Thanks for the beautiful renders and the testing, SH.  =) <3

Signature 

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

So. Awesome.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2008-10-19

OMG!! This looks so great and I didn’t miss it!!

2 of 21