Digital Art Zone

How do I convert pre-genesis clothing for Genesis use in Poser?
Posted: 17 October 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-06-12

Is there a way to open a cr2 file of, say, a V4 dress, in Daz Studio 4.5, work some magic, and then export a Poser Companion file so that I can put it on Genesis in Poser? I know how to update Genesis clothing which isn’t DSON ready, but I have a lot of content for previous generations which doesn’t even have DAZ Studio versions.

I’ve tried the following. Dial up V4 shape in Genesis (in Poser), conform the clothes to Genesis (looks terrible), transfer joint parameters (Object->Transfer Joint Parameters) which works OK (except for shoes, probably due to the different zero position of Genesis and the previous figures), but when I use the “Transfer Active Morphs” it sometimes messes up.

Also, do I need to use “Transfer Active Morphs” every time I change the morph dials?

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14264
Joined  2003-10-09

You should get the AutoFit prompt when you conform legacy content to Genesis, which does the same thing with fewer clicks now that it preserves morphs. Then File>SAve as>Support Asset>Figure Asset, give it a name, and finally run the Create Companion Files n the result.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 October 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-06-12
Richard Haseltine - 17 October 2012 07:37 AM

You should get the AutoFit prompt when you conform legacy content to Genesis, which does the same thing with fewer clicks now that it preserves morphs. Then File>SAve as>Support Asset>Figure Asset, give it a name, and finally run the Create Companion Files n the result.

Sounds great. Do I need any of the additional DS plugins (such as Morph Follower) or just use DS 4.5.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14264
Joined  2003-10-09

Morph Follower has been replaced with Transfer Active Morphs, but no for Gen 4 clothes everything you need is in the base (or rather the pro) application.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list