Digital Art Zone

58 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 03 December 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 856 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17085
Joined  2003-10-09

Question,  Is an imported tree with almost 178k polygons worth it, do you think.  Quick render.

Image Attachments
Oak_tree_1_DR_losres.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 857 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 03 December 2012 08:14 AM

Question,  Is a tree with almost 178k polygons worth it, do you think.  Quick render.

In that render with the tree being the focus of it I’d say yes but as something to populate some woods or a forest in the distance I’d say no.

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 858 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2006-08-19

Question,  Is an imported tree with almost 178k polygons worth it, do you think.  Quick render.

Nice looking tree,  one or two in a scene should work great in the fore or mid ground,  populating a forest of them for background scenery would probably cause Bryce to choke.

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 859 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6578
Joined  2006-02-20

I think that’s really beautiful tree!
Would work for foreground very well.
*wants it*

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 860 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Kerya it’s from DinoRaul, over at rendo, not cheap, but I have to admit I fell in love with them.  THere are 11 (I think) variations in tree shapes and some piles of leaves to go on the ground as well. This one is one of the oak trees.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 861 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  2009-10-02

@chohole

Your tree is imposant, i like it.

Signature 

My *.br7 Scenes are on http://www.sharecg.com user Roland4

Visit my Gallery http://roland4.weebly.com

Posted: 03 December 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 862 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6578
Joined  2006-02-20

Ouch - DinoRaul - beautiful, buty pricey.
Thank you, I think I have to wait for a sale.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 03 December 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 863 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, I want some more of his trees as well I think, especially the mossy ones, but as you say, a sale, or a good coupon needed first.

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 864 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2008-11-17

My try at furry material. Sorry for low quality of model. The material consists of 3 layers (each slightly scaled up):
1. solid with bumpmap
2. nearly same as 1 + wider specular halo + stronger specular + 70% transparency - it’s receiving but not casting shadows
3. basic volumetric with density map taken from bump from previous ones
the map is simple fractal noise, with spherical mapping

Raw render and after slight postpro (zoom blur). You can see that the left edge is already fuzzy on non processed image. That’s the effect of dof. In fact it would be possible to change focal point and render the second pass where the right edge would be out of focus, but I decided to use zoom blur that works very nice with any furry object that has spherical mapping mode.

Image Attachments
9.png9_edit.png

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 865 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3832
Joined  2004-10-01
Jamahoney - 03 December 2012 05:55 AM

Love all the wonderful renders and artworks - I’m way behind.

Anyway, the latest…for the time of year… smile Snowflakes aren’t true volumetric - just a series of planes with fuzzy, elongated dots on them, placed here and there throughout the fore/backgrounds

Title: “Winterwood”

Jay

The snow flakes turned out quite well. Have you ever tried particles to generate snow? (Okay, they will be spheres, but if they are not too close to the camera and there’s a bit of haze ...)

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 866 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

That tree is definitely wonderful. By the way, Carrara can also make beautiful trees. If you have it, the trees will be free.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 03 December 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 867 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@dwsel_ - the left one looks quite good.

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 868 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-11-22

Been mucking around with objects and lighting, only problem I have is the shadow under the monster. infact most of the shadows lol, Any tips?
These two are named defiance...

Image Attachments
defiance.jpgdefiance_2.jpg

Posted: 03 December 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 869 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1778
Joined  2007-12-10
scott.rafferty11 - 03 December 2012 12:37 PM

Been mucking around with objects and lighting, only problem I have is the shadow under the monster. infact most of the shadows lol, Any tips?
These two are named defiance...

Good start.

Tips for shadows:
Make sure the ambient on the ground plane material is set to 0
Makes sure the global Shadow Intensity setting is set to 100 (this is in the Sky & Fog tab and is the second icon along, you can also play with the global ambient colour in the colour palette beneath it). For a slightly more realistic shadow effect, you can also set the shadows to be soft in the sky lab (click the little cloud and rainbow icon in the Sky & Fog tab), under Sun & Moon settings, there is the option to set soft shadows for the sun (from 0 to 100), then in the render options, choose Premium render and click the soft shadows button. This will do as you would expect it to do and make the edges of the shadows soft, blending them into the scene better.

For the missing shadows, check that the models are set to cast shadows (This option is in the materials lab where you will see a little and insignificant inverted triangle button at the top between the material channel settings and the little mini previews of the materials used in the channels). Though to me it looks like your models aren’t actually placed on the ground at the correct distance from the camera and more simply placed in the scene so they look about right. It’s something about the haze that makes it look like this so if that’s the case, you need to go to the Top view and place them in the scene, the correct distance from the camera and then hit the ‘Place on the Floor’ button in the objects sub menu (that’s the bottom one with the little arrow pointing downwards).

Hope this helps.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 03 December 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 870 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1778
Joined  2007-12-10

It looks like it would be perfect for close up shots. The leaves look great and very detailed, and it would be great for tree dwelling wildlife renders as I imagine the detail is good enough to show in really close, or if the tree was the focal point of the render. As background trees, maybe a bit over the top though. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

58 of 100