Digital Art Zone

47 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 28 November 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 691 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2007-12-10

Rendered in two parts (plus an object mask).
Clouds rendered at 4RPP
Rest of scene rendered at 36RPP

Image Attachments
Pirate-Beach.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 692 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2701
Joined  2004-07-06

Good thinking Dave!

Here’s something in a different style.

Bryce 5 minute project - setting up DS skin textures - continued to cel effect - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Bridge_to_start2_to_cel1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 693 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2012-10-14
GussNemo - 28 November 2012 12:57 AM

@eireann:  I’ll have to give that one a try.  It took these old eyes a moment to realize which choice you were referring to.  I didn’t think the plugin had installed properly, but it did.

Dear Guss,
if you rihtclick on a scene, then there should be a plugins incubator., only if you have installed that tar.gz file.
The plugins incubator should be full with stuff if you have correctly installed ManifoldLab.
Something missing is spline operations.
I think thats something that belongs into every 3D shapemaker but Wings doesnt have it.
I dont know if Hexagon can do it. The only thing I tried with Hexagon was Booleaning but I found it very complicated.

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 694 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
David Brinnen - 28 November 2012 04:36 AM

Good thinking Dave!

Bryce 5 minute project - setting up DS skin textures - continued to cel effect - by David Brinnen

Nice renders that sitting lady on the cubes.
What would you do if you needed fine tuning of the ladies pose?
Always jump between DS and Bryce until is is as you want it? Bryce doesnt let you manipulate the bones.

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 695 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 06:05 AM
David Brinnen - 28 November 2012 04:36 AM

Good thinking Dave!

Nice renders that sitting lady on the cubes.
What would you do if you needed fine tuning of the ladies pose?
Always jump between DS and Bryce until is is as you want it? Bryce doesnt let you manipulate the bones.

I don’t really understand DS well enough to answer that question yet.  In Bryce she is fixed.  What I’ve done is sort out the pose and then fiddle with the materials.  As things stand, I’d have to send a new version of her out from DS and re-allocate the materials one by one.  Which would be a pain.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 696 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2008-11-26

David, I enjoyed watching all new video experiments. What is SSS-just curious – I have not installed Daz yet? rolleyes

There are some nice experiments by Rareth and interesting work by Dan, TheSavage and Electro-Elvis

A quick question.

The random materials that are applied to terrains or planes when one creates them are these materials part of the presets or something Bryce applies randomly and they are not found in the presets. Thanks

Posted: 28 November 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 697 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 06:02 AM

I dont know if Hexagon can do it. The only thing I tried with Hexagon was Booleaning but I found it very complicated.

Just had a look at a couple-a Hexagon tuts.
Even the people that made the tutorials make it look difficult because of too many ...ooopses
but it looks as if it can do a lot of things, if you spend a lot of time learning it and trying to understand that flood of very little meaning icons.

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 698 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
mermaid010 - 28 November 2012 06:47 AM

David, I enjoyed watching all new video experiments. What is SSS-just curious – I have not installed Daz yet? rolleyes

There are some nice experiments by Rareth and interesting work by Dan, TheSavage and Electro-Elvis

A quick question.

The random materials that are applied to terrains or planes when one creates them are these materials part of the presets or something Bryce applies randomly and they are not found in the presets. Thanks

Sub Surface Scattering - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss8Dr1WidjY

As for the random materials I believe they are texture components taken from the materials in the terrains section.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 699 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2009-05-04
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 07:32 AM

Even the people that made the tutorials make it look difficult because of too many ...ooopses
but it looks as if it can do a lot of things, if you spend a lot of time learning it and trying to understand that flood of very little meaning icons.

I fully agree with you. I know Wings3D a bit. It is not that simple either (especially if you are making complexer stuff), but Hexagon is a beast. Of course a few things are easier than in Wings3D, but even simple things could get a real pain. E.g. to make a simple cylinder that top and bottom get not bowed after smoothing.

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 700 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2006-08-19
electro-elvis - 28 November 2012 09:36 AM

I fully agree with you. I know Wings3D a bit. It is not that simple either (especially if you are making complexer stuff), but Hexagon is a beast. Of course a few things are easier than in Wings3D, but even simple things could get a real pain. E.g. to make a simple cylinder that top and bottom get not bowed after smoothing.

there are some excellent Hexagon tutorials here

http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagon.php

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 701 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2007-12-10

Another bit of simple modelling.

Image Attachments
Barrels.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 702 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14

And all those options you can click on after having made a change to a value. Even the experts get confused…which button to push now? Accept or Validate?
Nothing should be pushed. You make a change in a field and as soon as you leave that field the changes take place.
The Interface is not intuitive at all.

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 703 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-11-04
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 05:51 PM

And all those options you can click on after having made a change to a value. Even the experts get confused…which button to push now? Accept or Validate?
Nothing should be pushed. You make a change in a field and as soon as you leave that field the changes take place.

Haven’t used Hex yet - is it more difficult than Blender?

Signature 

“We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.”
Mark Twain

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 704 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
cjreynolds - 28 November 2012 05:58 PM
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 05:51 PM

Is there anything more difficult / unintuitive than Blender?
Hexagon is difficult and weird.
Its starts with creating an object. You are asked to put it at a specific place, which always goes wrong because you never hit the spot correctly in a 3D environment looking at a 2D screen.
People should just click on an object they want to create and its placed at position 0,0,0 with a predetermined size.

Posted: 29 November 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 705 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2009-05-04
eireann.sg - 28 November 2012 06:09 PM

Is there anything more difficult / unintuitive than Blender?
Hexagon is difficult and weird.
Its starts with creating an object. You are asked to put it at a specific place, which always goes wrong because you never hit the spot correctly in a 3D environment looking at a 2D screen.
People should just click on an object they want to create and its placed at position 0,0,0 with a predetermined size.

@Rareth: Thank you very much for the link

@cjreynolds: I am afraid I can not anything about blender.

@eireann.sg: Hold the Shift-key, before you select the 3D-object, e.g. sphere and it should be placed at the position 0,0,0.

47 of 100