Eiland in the Glas.

Image Attachments
EilandInTheGlas2.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  The model with the objects look really good.  Though if she trying to get a tan while laying in the row boat she’ll need a lot of sun screen.  The latest tutorial is very good as well.

@Dave:  I really like the look of your dragon image.  Great job.

@electro:  The first image is really interesting in that it appears the floor is dissolving revealing a substructure.  Very nice.  And your landscape is really good.  And I personally think the birds are what set the entire scene, just that little touch.

@Roland:  That look real nice.  I’d like to get glass that looks that good.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 19 November 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10

Just a bit of abstract fun.
It started off the other day when I was doing the soft boiled eggs and then got tied up with today’s earlier render of the metal dragon.
I got thinking where a metal dragon would come from and I decided it would come out of a metal egg.

A plain metal egg wasn’t very interesting though so I ended up with a collection of Fabergé type eggs.

So these three renders are just an exploration of lighting them.
Pic1: Premium render lit by default sky and two radial fills.
Pic2: Premium render lit by HDRI also used as backdrop to supply reflection.
Pic3: Same as pic 2 but saved as HDR file and converted to .jpg in Photoshop.

Image Attachments
Fab-Eggs-1.jpgFab-Eggs-2.jpgFab-Eggs-3.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  All three are wonderful, though, because of the slight variegated coloring, I prefer the second one.  Are those just replicated spheres with texture added?  Or is it only how the light plays off the surface of the spheres?

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-05-04
GussNemo - 19 November 2012 05:22 PM

@electro:  The first image is really interesting in that it appears the floor is dissolving revealing a substructure.

Thank you very much. You have immediatly recognized it. I found this material accidently in the Bryce libraries and thought it has an interesting behaviour.

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2008-11-26

Impressive renders by everyone.

@ Electro-elvis – very impressive .. A plane, a box, a sphere and a sky .. curious to know which material you found accidently. rolleyes

@Ronald I like the Eiland in Glass. Hope I can do something similar one day.

@Eireann – you are modeling some cool objects in Wings3D

My final render. Thanks to David who checked the scene. This render took 55mins - 256Rpp

Now to try the other tutorials by David.

Image Attachments
obsure3.jpg

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  617
Joined  2010-02-18

Wondeful renders and works all.

At my end, still, the orient side-of-things calls. Deciding on the title: ‘Moonlight Rendezvous’ - nah…too little, actual moonlight; ‘Laterns of Love’ – hmm…too soppy; ‘China Girl 2’ – yeah, have a ‘China Girl’ artwork already in the forum, but might become boring when submitting ‘China Girl 100’ smile  Settled, then, on just ‘Lanterns’ (there are, in a way, six in all).

Jay

Image Attachments
lanterns.jpg

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
GussNemo - 20 November 2012 01:10 AM

@Dave:  All three are wonderful, though, because of the slight variegated coloring, I prefer the second one.  Are those just replicated spheres with texture added?  Or is it only how the light plays off the surface of the spheres?

Thanks smile

Yes, just the one egg replicated 25 times and the same texture added to all of them.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
Jamahoney - 20 November 2012 05:26 AM

Wondeful renders and works all.

At my end, still, the orient side-of-things calls. Deciding on the title: ‘Moonlight Rendezvous’ - nah…too little, actual moonlight; ‘Laterns of Love’ – hmm…too soppy; ‘China Girl 2’ – yeah, have a ‘China Girl’ artwork already in the forum, but might become boring when submitting ‘China Girl 100’ smile  Settled, then, on just ‘Lanterns’ (there are, in a way, six in all).

Jay

That’s very cool… great atmosphere in that lighting.

Curious to know why 6 lanterns?
I can only see three… where are the secret ones? grin

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19

Render of Volumetric Clouds following the first tutorial on them

followed by rolling ways on a beach

Image Attachments
clouds-volume.jpgcloudbeach.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

Thanks Savage

I can only see three… where are the secret ones?

Hehaa…Moon, and the two reflections wink

Jay

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2536
Joined  2004-07-06

Electro-elvis, interesting scenes.  Strange circuit boards under the sand?  Curious… the impressionistic sky and landscape below works very well, the two circling birds really make a good focus.

Roland4, good, but don’t forget you should have some free HDRI with your Bryce 7 content, these just as backdrops make nice reflections for glass and metal.

Jamie, I’ve browned her off a bit for you.

Dave, reminds me of alien.  I wonder where Erich (@tlantis) has got to?  We have not heard from him for a while…  Anyhow, sort of abstractish organic metallic, nice and a bit horrible at the same time.

Mermaid, you are welcome.

Jay, I thought you might have a tricky answer to the lantern question.  I nearly posed it myself.  Great scene and use of light.  The sky is nice and “deep”.

Rareth, the clouds look good but I reckon the transition across the ambient channel is a bit too strong.

Right… computer has been rendering…

1, A browner Tori.

2, a skin test.  Well, DS does not make life easy with its material choices when it bridges stuff over.  I’ve had a good old tinker.

3, a more serious test, combining experimental settings with new lighting methods.  Render time 1 hour.

Posture looks a bit weird to me, but that’s how she loaded.  I’ll only take responsibility for the material modifications and the light.  Please feel free to express an opinion folks!

Image Attachments
bailed4_browned.jpgSkin_test1.jpgSkin_test2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 20 November 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Here’s a puzzle for you David;

Or maybe not, all I can say is that I’ve been puzzling over it for most of the day.
This morning for no reason what-so-ever, I decided to get the VW Beetle back out (I’d spent a lot of time a few months ago remapping all the mats to Bryce procedural ones and then Bryce crashed out and I hadn’t saved it).
So having spent a while re-doing all the materials, I recycled one of my recent scenes adding the car.

No matter what I’ve tried, I can’t get rid of the black fireflies, though they reduce a lot when I render at 4RPP (I guess they disappear into the noise). I’ve changed the materials, the lighting the render settings… nothing works to get rid of them.

So the question is; Got any ideas? confused

Image Attachments
Sand-Beetle.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2536
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 20 November 2012 12:14 PM

Here’s a puzzle for you David;

Or maybe not, all I can say is that I’ve been puzzling over it for most of the day.
This morning for no reason what-so-ever, I decided to get the VW Beetle back out (I’d spent a lot of time a few months ago remapping all the mats to Bryce procedural ones and then Bryce crashed out and I hadn’t saved it).
So having spent a while re-doing all the materials, I recycled one of my recent scenes adding the car.

No matter what I’ve tried, I can’t get rid of the black fireflies, though they reduce a lot when I render at 4RPP (I guess they disappear into the noise). I’ve changed the materials, the lighting the render settings… nothing works to get rid of them.

So the question is; Got any ideas? confused

Aye.  I here are a few suggestions.

Set all materials to default grey - if black fireflies persist then the problem is probably an inverted normal on the model.

—>  Delete bits of the model one at a time until fireflies vanish.

—>  The bit you’ve just deleted bring it back (ctrl-z) and use “e” to mesh smooth it.

—>  If that does not work, export the mesh.  Take it into something like Wings3D.  “Cleanup” and export back.  Use the copy matrix command to slot it back into place.

Set all materials to default grey - if black fireflies vanish.

—>  Try increasing the max ray depth to 12.  See if they vanish.  If so, the problem is you have transparent materials reporting “black” due to lack of depth.

—>  Otherwise ungroup your model and use the random distribute to move everything slightly.  If the fireflies vanish then the issue is you have a co-incident mesh surface with a transparent material applied to it.  Put things back - look at the things with transparent materials and “juggle” them by fractions of a BR 0.002

Failing all else, send me the smallest bit of the scene that still exhibits the problem and I will attempt to root out the cause.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

David.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

Savage… it’s obvious why the fireflies in your image are popping up - salts in the waves’ spray are corroding parts of the VW wink Advice, park further up the beach – like the rest of us smile

David… just a query on the lighting re: using the Premium light setup versus the Obscure light setup. I’ve tried both methods, and the lighting IS amazing, however, as the end results look the same from both, is one method better over the other? Or, should one just use the Obscure method as it seems the easier of the two?

Jay

37 of 100