Digital Art Zone

34 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 18 November 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@GG:  The image you chose depends on what you want to emphasize.  While the dust in the first image is more visible, the cattle are more detailed in the second image.  As is the cowboy, grass, and trees.  That said, lighting is balanced better in the first image which gives a better image overall.  Like others, I’d vote for the first image.

@David:  That’s another interesting tutorial.  And a fun looking image.  Nice job.

@canyon:  Adding the ship wake does help make the image look better.  Real nice.

@eireann:  Nothing wrong with playing with cubes.  Especially when they turn out like the ones you’ve been doing.  I like the multiple shadows you’ve achieved in the latest image.

@Ice:  That is a nice image, though I would use more color to delineate the foreground mountains, ground plane, wall around the buildings, and the building walls.  And it would make the image pop, unless this is the affect you’re after.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 18 November 2012 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2004-10-01

@Dan - Great render. Good to see you’re still brycing.

@TheSavage64 - the tapes look very real. I really like how the Bryce tools turned out.

@Jamahoney - corona looks quite good. It all depends whether they are photographed through an earth based telescope or a one on a spacecraft - and the wavelength used. I like the protuberances visible.

@IceScribe - when I saw the first image, without reading the comment - I placed it in the Andes. Looks very typical.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 November 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-11-26
Horo - 17 November 2012 06:11 AM

Difficult if we don’t see your scene. I use the Perspective camera, not the Directors. For a still life, do not use larger FOV than 60° at scale 100% (which gives a camera angle of 40° which corresponds roughly to a 50 mm lens on a photo camera). Either move the camera, like David does in his videos, with the controls on the main GUI or enter the values in the camera dialog. I usually work as David does and then fine align in the camera dialog.

Thanks Horo. I am trying to follow David’s movements and keep rewinding the videos. I use the camera view when I am doing David’s tutorials. I think my problem is I trying to run before I can walk. I need to go back to the basics – I’m still having problems with the camera and placing objects, but the TA and lighting experiments is an intriguing subject, I get easily distracted and David is on the ball with a tutorial almost every day. Thanks David.

Here’s my image took 33 minutes to render at 64Rpp. To me it looks more like viewed from the top than the front. I used one of my abstract images which I exported as a hdri.

Image Attachments
obsurelighting.jpg

Posted: 18 November 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2007-12-10

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Of course, I got side tracked yesterday and haven’t done what I planned to do (yet).

But as a result of my sidetracking, I did manage to produce a soft boiled egg.
I was just playing with some stuff and it looked a bit eggy, then I got to thinking about Dan’s recent negative terrain stuff and this is the result.

Image Attachments
Soft-Boiled-Egg.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 18 November 2012 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2009-10-02

@mermaid010

A very nice motive.

Posted: 18 November 2012 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-02

In to the cave.

Image Attachments
IntoTheCave.jpg

Posted: 18 November 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
TheSavage64 - 18 November 2012 05:06 AM

Of course, I got side tracked yesterday and haven’t done what I planned to do (yet).

I was just playing with some stuff and it looked a bit eggy, then I got to thinking about Dan’s recent negative terrain stuff and this is the result.

The eggshell looks excellent. I wouldn’t bite into the egg, though, for fearing a few teeth. smile Nice render nevertheless.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 November 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
Roland4 - 18 November 2012 05:19 AM

In to the cave.

The setup of the scene is really good, reminds me of that sort of cave entrances I’ve visited. To make it look more real, we would expect some greenery and the sky perhaps a bit less pinkish. The artist is right in any case.

Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-02

@Horo

My inspiration for the image is the movie “Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA · 1959)”. And this world is not real.

Posted: 18 November 2012 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15646
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 18 November 2012 06:17 AM
TheSavage64 - 18 November 2012 05:06 AM

The eggshell looks excellent. I wouldn’t bite into the egg, though, for fearing a few teeth. smile Nice render nevertheless.

Have to agree there, not sure I could dip my toast soldiers in that one.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2564
Joined  2004-07-06

Hmn… the anisotropic reflection is misbehaving in the background.  The obscure lighting however works nicely.  I continue to curse my own incompetence with DAZ studio.  The process of correcting the materials for the model may be a bit fiddly, but at least I can do that in Bryce and not have the bitter battle with the tricksy DS interface.  Doubtless it makes perfect sense to those familiar with it…

Image Attachments
Tori2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
Roland4 - 18 November 2012 06:54 AM

@Horo

My inspiration for the image is the movie “Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA · 1959)”. And this world is not real.

That’s ok, Roland. I went after my memory. There are other places I haven’t visited and look different. And on alien worlds, of which I have visited none yet, places may look even less familiar. That movie - Jules Verne then - I’ve read the book.

Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@David Brinnen - great render. I like the greenish light from the orange light sources.

I have been experimenting a bit with Obscure Light and Obscure Glow and I very much like what can be done with it. Not actually an artwork,  but a simple thing that shows what can be done with a few mouse clicks. Thanks for figuring this out.

Image Attachments
RGB.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@mermaid:  That is an interesting object, though not a lot of detail can be seen from that view.  Perhaps if you rotated the object left or right, or repositioned the camera and zoomed in a bit?  I’d like to see how intricate an object you have there.

@Dave:  Perhaps it’s the goat in me, but I’d have a go at your egg.  I think it looks great.  Now I’m hungry after talking about this.

@Roland:  That’s a nice job, especially the light rays.

@David:  Like what you’ve done in that image.  Though I can’t recall ever seeing that type of Flamingo before.

@Horo:  That is an interesting render.  I looked at the position of the red light on the cube, and on the sphere and wondered if the sphere would indeed be able to reflect red light..  Or is there another source of red light not showing?  When I have the mindset, I’ll have to look closer to this Obscure Light and Glow.  I’ve watched David’s videos, but not studied them closely.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 18 November 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2007-12-10

I’m not sure what the problem with the egg is, though I guess it doesn’t look ‘soft’ enough.
With this in mind, I’ve added a runnier yolk using some metaballs, also taken some of the reflection and specularity off the egg white.
Then I changed the egg cup material and added some soldiers to dip in. cheese

Image Attachments
Boiled-Egg-Soldiers.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

34 of 100