Digital Art Zone

28 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 13 November 2012 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2010-11-14
Rareth - 12 November 2012 09:02 AM

Wow all those shell extrude renders are just fantastic,  I don’t use Wings 3d I guess I should look into it, I was a truespace user from long time back, but I’ve switched to Carrara and Hexagon since Microsoft shutdown Caligari.

anyway, I’ve gone back to try some simple lighting scenes, and doing some of the turtorials on the Bryce Tutorials site.

@Rareth amazing composition

Posted: 13 November 2012 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2010-11-14
mx42b - 12 November 2012 12:36 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments on my previous pic. Here’s a couple that I wanted share. I hope you like them.
~M.

@mx42b beautifully done and love the re occurring reflections excellent render

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19
David Brinnen - 13 November 2012 01:53 AM

Nice modelling Dave,

Mark.  It is true I need to do something about my website, since I lost the gallery when the web server was moved I was going to try and learn one of the wizzywig web page editors - but never had the time or inclination - since then the web server has been moved again and there is Wordpress.  I should look at that.

As for the materials, I have made a lot with no particular aim.  I can however, show you how to examine a material and find out what it could be used for and where changes could be made to make it compatible with the new lighting methods.  Which is the direction everyone needs to go in anyway.  Not just thinking about content and rendering, but considering the ways in which the two interact.  Gone is the time when any material could be just dropped into a scene and it be expected to look just right, that was possible before within the limitations of Bryce’s original basic lighting environments.  For example, introduction of a HDRI backdrop can change the characteristics of a material significantly.

Now that would be a handy tutorial, I tend to be hit or miss with materials in bryce especially once I start playing with the DTE, those pic really do show the difference lighting makes on a material.  I’ve gone an purchased the HDRI Handbook, and Digital Lighting and Rendering in E format off Amazon so I can get a better understanding of lighting and how it interacts within a scene.

also
@Fhalo nice sunset, love the reflections

@mx42b wow that looks great, render turned out really good.

@TheSavage64 nice clean models, well done

@silverdali another great render

I also need to dust off my modeling skills as they’ve gotten rusty,  and for the life of me I can’t remember how I did this in Hexagon

Image Attachments
TrackTexgtureTest.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3773
Joined  2004-10-01
silverdali - 13 November 2012 04:16 AM

Bryce Pro7 mats obj’s, Daz Pro 4 Model no post manipulation “unattainable devotion”

Its not a mirror reflection there are subtle differences, the background colors are reflections from a sky that i created then bounced off the floor plane onto a background warped sphere

Beautiful! Your style, all is silvery. I like the rather low saturated colours.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16781
Joined  2003-10-09

I agree with Horo, It is beautiful has an Art Deco look to it, was that the look you were going for.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  732
Joined  2010-02-18

Trying here to simulate aurora…but don’t know if successful, though? I’m not sure if there is an aurora sky available in Bryce - tried and couldn’t find one. Open to correction, of course.

Used a normal Bryce sky here, then copied in another sky plane, gave it a different sky material, rotated that plane by 90 degrees, rotated it again horizontally (~ 40 to 50 degrees), and from there several adjustments afterwards. Added in a false sun and some stars (spheres etc.,) to give it additional effect. Small project really, so not much work put into it. However, called it!

Title: ‘Aurora’

Jay

Image Attachments
Aurora.jpg

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16781
Joined  2003-10-09

David did do a tut on making (or faking) an aurora I guess it is probably lost somewhere on the old forum now.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19

ok here is something I call Reflections.

Image Attachments
Reflections.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 13 November 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1729
Joined  2011-09-25

@Rareth:  Reflections is a really interesting image.  A reflection within a reflection within a reflection.  Really interesting.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14

Some pipes, some water and some reflections.

Image Attachments
theeye1024.jpg

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3773
Joined  2004-10-01

@Jamahoney - aurora doesn’t look too bad. There are so many different ones that it is not easy to tell whether yours looks natural or not. Nice try in any case.

@Rareth - yes, mirrors in mirrors is always fascinating. You had to set Maximum Ray Depth quite high. Difficult to count but from the size of the black spot it must be around 100.

@eireann.sg - looks nice, like a luxury sewer smile

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-10-02

A little paradise

Image Attachments
LittleParadise.jpg
 Signature 

My *.br7 Scenes are on http://www.sharecg.com user Roland4

Visit my Gallery http://roland4.weebly.com

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
Jamahoney - 13 November 2012 05:12 PM

Trying here to simulate aurora…but don’t know if successful, though? I’m not sure if there is an aurora sky available in Bryce - tried and couldn’t find one. Open to correction, of course.

Used a normal Bryce sky here, then copied in another sky plane, gave it a different sky material, rotated that plane by 90 degrees, rotated it again horizontally (~ 40 to 50 degrees), and from there several adjustments afterwards. Added in a false sun and some stars (spheres etc.,) to give it additional effect. Small project really, so not much work put into it. However, called it!

Title: ‘Aurora’

Jay

Well considering Auroras tend to be dynamic I say that is a reasonably convicing shot of a moment from within that dynamic if you get what I mean? I think your doubt comes from it feeling like it’s missing something and I think that something is the movement.

Posted: 14 November 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1753
Joined  2007-12-10
Jamahoney - 13 November 2012 05:12 PM

There is an Aurora Borealis material in the Pro Materials (I think it’s in with the Plasmas). Apply it to a plane.
I’ve played with it a few times but lighting it correctly and getting the frequency right for each particular scene is tricky… So tricky that I’ve never managed to get anything worth posting. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  732
Joined  2010-02-18

Chohole…many thanks – found the thread here. Will have to read it through.

Rareth…reminds me of i-Robot – remember that scene where all the robs’ are lined up. Fantastic film, too.

Eireann...looks like the inside of one of those sunbeds…without the water, of course wink

Roland4…hahaaa…good one – I like your sense of humour smile

Horo…ah yes, I had in mind one of those curtain-types, but couldn’t achieve in my limited experience in Bryce.

Lord…yeah…get your dynamic wink I would love to see an aurora before I kick the bucket – fingers crossed wink

Savage…oh, didn’t see that. Just checked it out now. It’s the last one in Pro-Materials/Sfx…but can see, as you say, it would be a tricky one to work with. But will give it a try. Thanks once again

Jay

28 of 100