Digital Art Zone

25 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 11 November 2012 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14

@David, @ Horo,
I am happy you liked the little sillyshapes I made.
There is a lot to discover in Wings. and naturally Bryce.

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2010-11-14
eireann.sg - 10 November 2012 11:53 PM

here a render, knot, render time 20 seconds.

@eireann.sg that is stunning I am still working on wings its hard to get a handle on

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14

Happy you liked it. smile
here another one i made with shell extrude to create another wacky cube.
And I used Horos lake HDR! for some extra colour.

Image Attachments
cub2a.JPG

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
David Brinnen - 11 November 2012 03:18 AM

Jamie, glad to hear you got your video watching issues sorted.

mermaid010, you asked “Why don’t you do some for beginners, most of your videos are for intermediate or advance Brycers.”

The answer to that is that there are 100’s possibly 1000’s of tutorials for beginners already made - and a lot them can be accessed through the Bryce-Tutorials.info website.  So to make more would be “reinventing the wheel”.  What I want to cover, mostly, is tutorials that take advantage of as yet undocumented Bryce 7.1 Pro features.  Tutorials that provide information that isn’t available anywhere else and to promote the use of the new feature set.  Many of the features in themselves are not hard to use, a beginner could easily turn IBL or TA but… a beginner would not really understand the role of these features in a way a more experienced user would instantly grasp - so I am careful to stress that the tutorials are intended for intermediate to advanced users to try to avoid confusion and frustration for beginners.

eireann.sg, nice modelling and rendering.

Some more Happy Buddha’s

I also wanted to download 1 or 2 models from the stanford repository but sadly all files are .GZ files and I cant open them. Besides they are huuuuge.

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
eireann.sg - 11 November 2012 05:43 AM

Happy you liked it. smile
here another one i made with shell extrude to create another wacky cube.
And I used Horos lake HDR! for some extra colour.

wow thats stunning

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14

well i have tried my hand at landscape “” Serenity Blue HDR, cloud slab

Image Attachments
Serenity_Blue.jpg

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01

@eireann.sg - you really got the hang on these shapes. I like it a lot.

@silverdali - nice render but not as stunning as your others. I guess these landscape thingies are rather new for you. Keep them coming, I’m sure you progress swiftly.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14

@Horo, yes i would have to agree, it was a bit hard going but i enjoyed it

Posted: 11 November 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2012-02-08

Chohole is right. Thanks for showing me this!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_15.png Gendragon´s Mystical World

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1381
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  So am I David.  It took a bit of time to ferret the problem, but it’s now done.

@Horo:  Never knew there was a downloader for YouTube.  I’ll have to look into it and see if it helps in any way.  I did bookmark the Share Tube site, though, since it might come in handy sometime.

@eireann:  Love what you’ve getting out of Wings, and the Bryce results.  They’re all very stunning.  As to the Stanford Models, there is a Mesh Converter you can download.  I’ve not used it yet, but you can use it to convert those models so they can be used in Bryce.  Maybe Horo can explain how it’s done.

@silver: I like that landscape, it’s really interesting.

This is one of the first landscapes I tried when I first downloaded Bryce.  It was another case of playing around.

Image Attachments
Violent_Sea_3_rnd.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 11 November 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2009-10-02

The Wild Wall

Image Attachments
WildWall4.jpg

Posted: 11 November 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01

@GussNemo - the clouds are quite good in one of your first renders.

@eireann - Meshlab can convert the Stanford files. LordHardDriven helped me with comments. Meanwhile, I made a small tutorial that can be found on my website (see sig). Go to Bryce Documents > Guests (PDF) > Objects > Preparing Objects for Bryce using MeshLab

@Roland4 - I like the scene and the camera angle. The wall is a bit on the dark side.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2009-10-02

@ Horo

Thank´s for the compliment.

The camera have no angle. the wall and the ground are two terrains and the ground-terrain have a angle. The big stones in the front of the wall are terrains to, a technic i have learnd from David Brinnen a few years ago. The sun is on the left side of the scene. I think that i need a additionall light.

The scene itself is recreated from a picture i have see.

Ps: I have add two lights, one in the background (blue light) and one in the foreground (red light). Is it better now ?

Image Attachments
WildWall5.jpg

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

Still going through David’s videos and have to say that strange reflection issue seems quite a biggie!

Thing is, if they fix it it might increase the render times because I’m guessing Bryce is missing out some calculations in order to arrive at those effects.  A bit like telling a Radiosity renderer to ignore, say, some reflection characteristics to speed things up a bit.

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
Horo - 11 November 2012 01:43 PM

@eireann - Meshlab can convert the Stanford files. LordHardDriven helped me with comments. Meanwhile, I made a small tutorial that can be found on my website (see sig). Go to Bryce Documents > Guests (PDF) > Objects > Preparing Objects for Bryce using MeshLab

GussNemo - 11 November 2012 11:42 AM

@eireann:  As to the Stanford Models, there is a Mesh Converter you can download.  I’ve not used it yet, but you can use it to convert those models so they can be used in Bryce.  Maybe Horo can explain how it’s done.

Horo, GussNemo,
thanks for the tip.
My problem is how to open the compressed files. they have a .tar.gz format which my computer cant open.
if the files were .zip files then no problem.
My old computer came with Winrar, maybe I can try that.

25 of 100