Digital Art Zone

24 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 09 November 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

@David. Thanks for your input. I’m only working with a Dell Vostro1710 laptop here, 2.50GHz dual core,3 GB ram and a GeForce 8600M GS graphics card which is only just coping with the image as is. However I do like your suggestion, but when you say ” render in 2 parts” does that mean putting the image to-gether in Pshop using layers.

Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 09 November 2012 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2008-11-04

David - In looking through this thread and the first, I’ve seen several variations on eireann.sg’s image (post 68 of this thread) - I’ve combed these threads and looked in the brycetutorials.info site, but I can’t seem to locate the tutorial for it. I believe it was about importing a Wings3D object into Bryce.

Could you post a link? (or another link, for those of us who can’t see, LOL)?

Thanks,

joe

Signature 

“We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.”
Mark Twain

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1448
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  For some reason I’m unable to view your Light Emitter tutorial, though I’d like to.  I ran into this on another tutorial, its name escapes me at the moment.  The controls momentarily appear but just as quickly disappear.  Viewed the tutorial about making your latest cube without trouble, so I’ve no idea what’s going on.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2562
Joined  2004-07-06
kiwi_gg - 09 November 2012 06:58 PM

@David. Thanks for your input. I’m only working with a Dell Vostro1710 laptop here, 2.50GHz dual core,3 GB ram and a GeForce 8600M GS graphics card which is only just coping with the image as is. However I do like your suggestion, but when you say ” render in 2 parts” does that mean putting the image to-gether in Pshop using layers.

Cheers
GG

Yes, you would have a render with your clouds.  A render with your scene with advanced lighting.  And a mask generated from your scene render that lets you put the clouds back in.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
cjreynolds - 09 November 2012 11:36 PM

David - In looking through this thread and the first, I’ve seen several variations on this image - I’ve combed these threads and looked in the brycetutorials.info site, but I can’t seem to locate the tutorial for it. I believe it was about importing a Wings3D object into Bryce.

Could you post a link? (or another link, for those of us who can’t see, LOL)?

Thanks,

joe

This one?

8 minute Wings3D project - two part box - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
GussNemo - 10 November 2012 01:09 AM

@David:  For some reason I’m unable to view your Light Emitter tutorial, though I’d like to.  I ran into this on another tutorial, its name escapes me at the moment.  The controls momentarily appear but just as quickly disappear.  Viewed the tutorial about making your latest cube without trouble, so I’ve no idea what’s going on.

Hmn… well it is playing OK on Google Chrome for me.  What web browser are you using?

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  666
Joined  2008-11-26

Thanks to everyone who commented on my work.

Horo - 03 November 2012 01:45 PM
mermaid010 - 03 November 2012 05:54 AM

I exported the image as a Hdr Image and rendered it as an IBL backdrop, with a reflective ground plane,  but I got this error.  Can someone explain this error? Thanks

An angular map has an aspect ratio of 1:1, it is square. Latitude/Longitude is the same as spherical or equirectangular and it has an aspect ratio of 2:1 (twice as wide as high). Bryce accepts only the aspect ratios 1:1 and 2:1 in the Radiance hdr format. This is essentially what the error means.

Nice images, though. Look like painted.

Thanks Horo. I understood that bit but I could not understand why the image I saved as a hdr image, had that error. It was a 800x400 that makes ratio 2:1.  I’ll have a look at your video – the link David posted.

Why you should consider exporting your renders as HDRI - by Horo Wernli

@ Jamahoney- I like the water drops render. You can make a cool sci-fic animation with those drops.

@ David – I enjoy watching your videos over and over again, maybe someday I will understand them fully. Why don’t you do some for beginners, most of your videos are for intermediate or advance Brycers. This past week I tried the skyscraper tutorial, but did not get further than the DTE. This weekend I’ll try and do the height map in Photoshop and see how it goes. After seeing links to a more Wings 3d, videos I going to download this program now.

@ TheSavage – the icebergs are not “quite nice” they are awesome.

@ Rareth – your images are lovely.

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1448
Joined  2011-09-25
David Brinnen - 10 November 2012 01:47 AM
GussNemo - 10 November 2012 01:09 AM

Hmn… well it is playing OK on Google Chrome for me.  What web browser are you using?

I’m using Opera.  Except for this one tutorial, and the tutorial whose name I don’t remember, all of your other tutorials and all others I’ve watched play without any problems.

Ok, I just tried using IE9 to view that tutorial and it started playing like usual. It appears Opera doesn’t like something associated with that tutorial.  I’ll have to see if there are any video settings in Opera that need set or adjusted.

Edit to add:  I did some investigating at the Opera web site, and it seems You Tube is doing trials with HTML5 and unknowingly I was added to that trial; this I found out from a thread on Opera’s forum.  After reading one particular thread, and learning where to look in You Tube, I was able to opt out of the trial and the Light Emitter tutorial play correctly.  I found out the other tutorial I couldn’t watch was the optical illusion one, which now plays fine.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 10 November 2012 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 354 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14

There is a lot of fancy stuff you can do with bryce and wings3d but I noticed you always have to clean up before you continue modifying the shape or you get funny results. Even some basic shapes have to be cleaned up after creating them
anyway here anther pic

Image Attachments
torusspiral.jpg

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 355 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14

here a render, knot, render time 20 seconds.

Image Attachments
knotsec4d2.JPG

Posted: 11 November 2012 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 356 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3473
Joined  2004-10-01
GussNemo - 10 November 2012 09:30 AM

I’m using Opera.  Except for this one tutorial, and the tutorial whose name I don’t remember, all of your other tutorials and all others I’ve watched play without any problems..

There is always YouTube Downloader (http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com/?force=1) which is free, but can also be purchased for faster download.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 357 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@eireann.sg - nice models.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 358 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5753
Joined  2006-02-20
Horo - 11 November 2012 01:59 AM
GussNemo - 10 November 2012 09:30 AM

I’m using Opera.  Except for this one tutorial, and the tutorial whose name I don’t remember, all of your other tutorials and all others I’ve watched play without any problems..

There is always YouTube Downloader (http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com/?force=1) which is free, but can also be purchased for faster download.

Without installing something: http://www.share-tube.eu/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 359 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
Kerya - 11 November 2012 02:03 AM

Without installing something: http://www.share-tube.eu/

I wasn’t aware of that one. Thanks for the link!

Signature 

Posted: 11 November 2012 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 360 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Jamie, glad to hear you got your video watching issues sorted.

mermaid010, you asked “Why don’t you do some for beginners, most of your videos are for intermediate or advance Brycers.”

The answer to that is that there are 100’s possibly 1000’s of tutorials for beginners already made - and a lot them can be accessed through the Bryce-Tutorials.info website.  So to make more would be “reinventing the wheel”.  What I want to cover, mostly, is tutorials that take advantage of as yet undocumented Bryce 7.1 Pro features.  Tutorials that provide information that isn’t available anywhere else and to promote the use of the new feature set.  Many of the features in themselves are not hard to use, a beginner could easily turn IBL or TA but… a beginner would not really understand the role of these features in a way a more experienced user would instantly grasp - so I am careful to stress that the tutorials are intended for intermediate to advanced users to try to avoid confusion and frustration for beginners.

eireann.sg, nice modelling and rendering.

Some more Happy Buddha’s

Image Attachments
HB_cu_setup4_part_rendered_f.jpg
 Signature 

24 of 100