Digital Art Zone

17 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 02 November 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2536
Joined  2004-07-06

Dave, that Darlek light close up looks very good.  The models are, as you say, very detailed.  Nice work on the light render, it looks convincingly glowy to me.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 November 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  2007-12-10

Here’s another TARDIS one… is it too subtle?

Image Attachments
Daleks-eye.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 02 November 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2012-08-14

@Savage. Wow, That great. Maybe sometime in the future I could get to level of detail like that.
@LordHardDrive. Do I detect an edge in your comments. Maybe the argue on prosessors got you down?
Just having fun. just playing around with these.

Image Attachments
Ball_of_Color_(800x404).jpgBall_of_Color2_(800x404).jpg

Posted: 02 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-02-18

For years have always been fascinated by the oriental side-of–things – its culture, its science, its philosophy. So, below, a contributory final artwork submission.

Title: “China Girl” (but, of course, David Bowie had no influence in those years smile )

Jay

Image Attachments
Draft1-China_girl.jpg

Posted: 02 November 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-08-18

Sure are a lot of fantastic images posted here! Good work, everyone.
I offer my little “study”. It is testing out what “legacy” clothes will work for me. Here is Genesis with V4 shape, Jeremy material. I didn’t have the patience to fiddle with a different skin material but I wanted something less feminine than the default Lana. Jeremy worked just fine. The clothes are Daedalus for M3. I was pleased with the autofit so that Vicky can wear those working clothes. The back side of the boot shafts are poking through but at the angle I chose, it didnt matter. Used the Hotair Balloon from DAZ, modified at the leather cushion to brown.
The cloud is volumentric. I was thinkig to have some ground below visible, but I couldn’t make the clouds work. So I chose to go above the surface with the deep blue sky. The pose is M4 general poses “jumping” which I inverted. This is how I work. I tinker with things, and then see what the results suggest for an image. So here is a mishmash of Genesis, V4, M3 and M4 rendered into a Bryce image that worked for me.

Image Attachments
Falling.jpg
 Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1381
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  Your work never ceases to amaze me.  The detail of the eye stalk, and the distorted image of the TARDIS as though it’s reflected off of curved glass.  That’s a very good job.

@canyon:  Those are very, very interesting.  They remind me of Lava Lamps.  Love the color of the spheres.

@Jay:  Is that image a painting or a rendered image?  It is beautiful.

@Ice:  That’s a nice image.  You seem to catch the facial expression of someone in that situation, including the hands and legs.  Nicely done. 

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 03 November 2012 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
canyonmanterry - 02 November 2012 01:39 PM

@LordHardDrive. Do I detect an edge in your comments. Maybe the argue on prosessors got you down?

What, in the comment about the Dalek light? No, no edge at all and the conversation about the processors is old news, people have been polorized about AMD vs Intel for a long time. I knew when I suggested an AMD processor might be better then an Intel Processor in any way was going to cause someone to feel the need to defend Intel. Besides I got too many real world problems like my wife’s broken hip and being in the hospital to let a disagreement on computer hardware get me down. Also if it did I certainly wouldn’t take it out on someone who wasn’t involved in that dicussion about processors. Frankly I’m a bit insulted you would even suggest such a thing.

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

@Dave
Liking the closeup on the previous page, but didn’t like the grime much on the wider shot.

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2008-11-26

All the renders are so inspiring. They show the awesome capabilities of Bryce.

@ Atlantis cool interview.  I enjoyed viewing your renders too, the first time I saw them.

Still having problems with positioning the camera and the objects,  I tried another abstract using only a torus, default Bryce sky and one of David’s material from the Aaa Varient – Pro Material, changed the values for the reflection, Ambience and Diffusion. No additional light source was added. My computer is not good for TA renders so I need to pass on that for now, one was rendered using Superfine with 64 RPP (2hrs) and the other a regular one (15mins). Can anyone tell which is which; both look the same to me? lol

I exported the image as a Hdr Image and rendered it as an IBL backdrop, with a reflective ground plane,  but I got this error.  Can someone explain this error? Thanks

Image Attachments
torus1.jpgtorus2.jpghdrbackdrop.jpghdri-error.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@mermaid:  Don’t know about Superfine and regular, but the colors in the first image are slightly more intense.  Sorry, can’t help with the error message.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-02-18

Guss…cheers. Yeah, a render, but really a final ‘artwork’. I have to admit I dislike this word ‘render’ as I always see it in terms of something unfinished e.g. as in something is being rendered, and so it’s not quite finished yet. But, I’m finicky that way, and of the old school, too, I suppose smile

Mermaid…great images (love the top two) - sort of a multi-coloured wormhole effect, I guess you’re after smile

Jay

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Jay:  Never really thought of it that way, but I see your point.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  2007-12-10

More Daleks…

Here comes the Doctor.

Image Attachments
Daleks-Surround.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01
mermaid010 - 03 November 2012 05:54 AM

I exported the image as a Hdr Image and rendered it as an IBL backdrop, with a reflective ground plane,  but I got this error.  Can someone explain this error? Thanks

An angular map has an aspect ratio of 1:1, it is square. Latitude/Longitude is the same as spherical or equirectangular and it has an aspect ratio of 2:1 (twice as wide as high). Bryce accepts only the aspect ratios 1:1 and 2:1 in the Radiance hdr format. This is essentially what the error means.

Nice images, though. Look like painted.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3373
Joined  2004-10-01

@TheSavage64 - very cool renders.

@canyonmanterry - looking nice.

@Jamahoney - I like that oriental - or rather far east - picture.

@IceScribe - good use of the balloon. Very well done render. Looks convincing.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

17 of 100