Digital Art Zone

14 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 31 October 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2010-11-14
David Brinnen - 31 October 2012 05:44 AM

Well, it would be nice if it could be mistaken for a photograph… but I’m not convinced.  OK, taking a slightly different tack…

Bryce 15 minute scene - using the Spherical Mapper to reduce render time - by David Brinnen

Of particular interest to existing owners of the Spherical Mapper, or those that want to incorporate volume clouds in their TA renders.

Dropping the render time from over six hours to around ten minutes.  Worthy of your interest?

@David one day i will do something like this for the moment I am happy to look at the masters work its stunning, there is so much going on the Spherical Mapper to make it so realistic

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello peeps…. 

Some nice work displayed in this thread….

Thought I would share a couple of my latest works… 

This one is titled “Ghost In The Ruins”

Image Attachments
Ghost_In_The_Ruins.jpg

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

And this one is titled Superfulous Encounter

Image Attachments
Superfluous_Encounter.jpg

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1792
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  Those last three tutorials are really interesting.  It was fun to watch the animated kaleidoscope.

@Stuart:  Love that calculator.  Looks as though I could reach out and grab it.

@Swade: That little guy in the first image looks a bit hungry.  I really like what you’ve done in the second image, though I believe I’d be standing further back from that creature.  Sure hope that wizard is a wiz of a wiz.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3836
Joined  2004-10-01

@David - thanks for the tutes, they are great. I particularly liked the kaleidoscope one because I haven’t forgotten the frustration I had when I had attempted that eight years ago. (http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=622)

@canyonmanterry - nice, though in an airless world, I would not expect a rounded landscape.

@GussNemo - You get good in Wings 3Dm nicely done.

@StuartB4 - calculator looks great. Obviously, you’re one who knows how Bryce modelling works.

@Swade - impressing renders, both of them. Keep them coming.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

@ GussNemo Thank you…  I appreciate the comment
@ Horo….. Thank you….  I should mention that the ground texture in the Superfluous Encounter is the
Bryce 7 Pro Ground Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain by David Brinnen and Horo from DAZ

I didn’t realize a thread like this was here at DAZ and was happy to have stumbled upon it….  I see that there are some talented Brycers here and that is awesome….  I love using Bryce.  I was hooked on it after the first render I did with it which was a Bryce 3 newbie render. 
I have recently watched all of David Brinnen’s tutorial videos and find them to be amazing….  So am thinking I may have found a new family…  lol
cool smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14

Well I had a go at TA today and the computer crashed literally, I thought i had done in the hard drive, but it kicked back in after about 10mins, its been very hot here to so it may have had a hand in it as well, just guessing lol,  lucky I had saved a previous render so all was not lost, but I did go softly softly my heart was in my mouth but i managed the render, well that was an experience ...........also did an immediate backup just in case phew !!!

Image Attachments
Demonds_and_Deception.jpg

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14

@Swade welcome the forum your Ghost In The Ruins and Superfulous Encounter are great creative images, your Ghost In The Ruins is especially good, creative work

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3836
Joined  2004-10-01

@Swade - thank you putting our things to good use. And a warm welcome to the Bryce community. If you look for a home for your renders, have a look at http://www.bryce5.com

@silverdali - another very nice render. Very appealing to the eye.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2010-02-02

Thanks for all the kind comments once again guys.
There’s a lot of nice renders on here again, and a lot of imagination, it’s nice to see
everyone’s work. Seems to be getting even more popular lately.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
Swade - 01 November 2012 05:06 AM

So am thinking I may have found a new family…  lol
cool smile

To quote John McClane from the Die Hard movies, “Welcome to the party Pal!” smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
silverdali - 01 November 2012 05:34 AM

Well I had a go at TA today and the computer crashed literally, I thought i had done in the hard drive, but it kicked back in after about 10mins, its been very hot here to so it may have had a hand in it as well, just guessing lol,  lucky I had saved a previous render so all was not lost, but I did go softly softly my heart was in my mouth but i managed the render, well that was an experience ...........also did an immediate backup just in case phew !!!

Good idea on the backup because in the past when I worked alot with computer parts something like what you experienced was usually a sign the drive is failing. Had you not done a backup already I was going to recommend one. The heat very well could have played a roll so you might want to consider also beefing up your computers ability to cool itself, and/or make sure the vents and fans aren’t somewhat clogged with dust buildup.

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2701
Joined  2004-07-06
Swade - 31 October 2012 10:18 PM

And this one is titled Superfulous Encounter

This is a wonderfully detailed render, but it looks a little “flat” perhaps due to haze/fog settings?  I don’t know.  Anyway I’ve taken the liberty of filtering out the haze and modifying the gamma settings as an experiment to see how it might look otherwise.

First the original.

Then the filtered image.  All filtering done in Paint Shop Pro 8.

As Horo observed, it is nice to see our products being put to good use.

Cheers,

David.

Image Attachments
original.jpgHaze_removal_and_gamma_correction1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2012-08-14

Yes I agree. cleaner and show detail better.
@Swade, Welcome. Dave did improve the scene. more detail.
@Silverdoli.  I think it BEAUTIFUL, just Wonderful, I like to learn to do that. I,ll work on it.

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2701
Joined  2004-07-06
silverdali - 01 November 2012 05:34 AM

Beautiful render.  Your style is very distinctive, I was able to pick another one of yours out of a selection over at dA.  Anyhow, on the topic of TA and crashing.  It could be your processor is overheating?  Check the utilities that came installed with your motherboard to see if you have some kind of temperature monitor or processor “throttling” options.  You don’t want to melt your CPU.  Also get the vac out and clean out the CPU heat sink/fan.  Don’t blow on it to dislodge dust!  Use a soft brush and a vac nozzle.  Also why you are at it, make sure all your fans are going around.  I’ve had overheating issues in the past and it is not fun.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

14 of 100