Digital Art Zone

82 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 14 December 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1216 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3773
Joined  2004-10-01

As Aureolus Philippus Theophrastus Bombastus ab Hohenheim dictus Paracelsus used to say some 500 years ago: “The dose makes the poison”. Probably the most intelligent remark.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1217 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1729
Joined  2011-09-25

The food police can impose whatever taxes they like in trying to keep people healthy; which I don’t think is their job—another subject, another time.  For all the taxes they impose, for all the talk they talk about being healthy, they can’t prevent what occurs to all of us at some point.  It’s part of life.  You can be the most healthy person in the world and one day you will die.  You can be the most unhealthy person in the world and one day you will die.  It’s life, inescapable.

But if you’re healthy, the argument goes, you’ll life longer.  Nice argument but if the healthiest person in the world has their nose buried in their smart phone and steps off the curb without looking, it’s likely they’ll become another part of the pavement.  Being healthy does not guarantee long life, just as being unhealthy guarantees a short life.

But there is one thing for sure.  Someone, somewhere, believes it their destiny to make sure people eat only what they believe should be eaten.  And will do whatever they deem necessary to make it happen.  Including taxing those things they deem unhealthy.  After all, they want to get paid too.

**soap box ends**

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1218 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Amen (I like the 2nd paragraph most).

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1219 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1753
Joined  2007-12-10

And back on Topic (Mmmm…. Topic)

Some replicated meta-balls, stretched, re-sized and rotated to make some stalk like thingies… just for the vegetarians!

Image Attachments
Organic.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1220 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Off topic or on topic? Great modelling.

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1221 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19

on topic.. hmmm er.. I haven’t done much in bryce recently..  the physics simualtion capabilities of Blender have been occupying my bryce time..

Image Attachments
splash.png
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 14 December 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1222 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2009-05-04
GussNemo - 13 December 2012 02:10 AM

@electro:  That’s a mighty fine looking knife.  Nice job.

@GussNemo: Thank you very much.

@Jamahoney: Nice modelling

@tpstigers: Interesting scene. Where is this river?

@Horo: Bombastus - Great first name, a bit dated maybe, but I love it

@TheSavage64: Nicely done, though I would not eat it, a least cooked only.

@Rareth: Bryce with physical simulation capabilities would be great. But I were already satisfied with a simple bevel function. sigh

Posted: 14 December 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1223 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
electro-elvis - 14 December 2012 04:24 PM

@TheSavage64: Nicely done, though I would not eat it, a least cooked only.

Maybe not eat it, but you’d have no trouble cutting it down with that fine looking knife you modelled… presuming you’re talking about the plant stalk looking thingy and not the polar bear. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1224 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14
Rareth - 14 December 2012 07:30 AM
eireann.sg - 14 December 2012 05:15 AM
Horo - 14 December 2012 04:38 AM

But then, oxygen is highly poisonous. This is what makes us old and kills us eventually. However, without oxygen, life would be very much shorter.

Well, everything is poisonous. It just depends on the dosage.
Formaldehyde also causes cancer, but they gave these poor rats so much of it. I compare it with giving a human every day 10 l of orange juice to drink.With that amount of orange juice given every day a human will also die in a short time. Maybe its time to put orange juice on the list of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals smile

too much of anything is bad for you.  how much is too much depends on the item in question.  sugar isn’t BAD for you, your body needs it, glucose fuels the brain,  too much however leads to weight gain, diabetes, gout, etc.

Processed food are bad because all the preservatives are not really good for you, and alot of the nutritious substances have been removed.  (white flour is the worst, your body breaks it down to simple sugars faster than regular sugar, and you don’t get the nutrients and fibers you get from real whole wheat fours.)

that DiHydrogen-MonoOxide stuff is particulary nasty http://www.dhmo.org/ 
smile

Lets better say whole grain food.
Even whole meal means that the grains are crushed and release the sugars much faster than whole grain products.
I never heard whole wheat. Besides: Many cant take wheat and they dont even know it. Many are sensitive to gluten and a lot of doctors fail to diagnose it.
Yes, That Dihydrogen monoxide stuff can kill you. smile

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1225 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
TheSavage64 - 14 December 2012 09:14 AM

This is what really annoys me about the regularly proposed and erroneously named ‘Fat Taxes’ when politicians call for a tax on supposedly fattening foods because they make people fat.

Well sorry but it’s not fattening food that makes people fat, the only reason for being fat is that your input is more than your output.
Sure, tax fat people, don’t make us thin people pay more for our food because some lazy people can’t be assed going for a walk every now and then!

[Rant over]

Its like with the cigarettes. Smoking isnt healthy and it comes with a disgusting stench. So, Governments invented tobacco taxes to bring people away from smoking.
Actually they knew people wont stop so easily because they are addicted. So, It has become a good source of revenue for the governments and no government would put a ban on tobacco sales in place. It would hurt their coffers.
Same for fat. People get addicted to fatty food. They cant do without because it gives then a good feeling.  Actually it should be easy to say yes to healthier food and no to too much fat but it isnt.
BTW: a fat free diet would lead to depressions.

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1226 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Yes, indeed, it’s nothing more than a dishonest way to screw more money out of people.
It’s why I tend toward the black economy… it hasn’t suffered the same misfortune as the one controlled by politicians… and of course, my smokes are a lot cheaper too.

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1227 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-19
eireann.sg - 14 December 2012 06:12 PM

This is what really annoys me about the regularly proposed and erroneously named ‘Fat Taxes’ when politicians call for a tax on supposedly fattening foods because they make people fat.

Well sorry but it’s not fattening food that makes people fat, the only reason for being fat is that your input is more than your output.
Sure, tax fat people, don’t make us thin people pay more for our food because some lazy people can’t be assed going for a walk every now and then!

[Rant over]

Its like with the cigarettes. Smoking isnt healthy and it comes with a disgusting stench. So, Governments invented tobacco taxes to bring people away from smoking.
Actually they knew people wont stop so easily because they are addicted. So, It has become a good source of revenue for the governments and no government would put a ban on tobacco sales in place. It would hurt their coffers.
Same for fat. People get addicted to fatty food. They cant do without because it gives then a good feeling.  Actually it should be easy to say yes to healthier food and no to too much fat but it isnt.

not to mention you need a certain ammount of fat in your diet anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1228 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
Rareth - 14 December 2012 07:01 PM
eireann.sg - 14 December 2012 06:12 PM

[Rant over]

not to mention you need a certain amount of fat in your diet anyway.

In Europe or even the US you can still buy Hemp seeds, and they are even inside the bird food.
Eat a hand full of crushed hemp seeds every day and you get the best fat there is. Hemp seeds are very high in Omega 3 fats. Even higher than flax seeds. This kind of food is even promoted on the Dr Oz show. So, it should be safe.

Posted: 14 December 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1229 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-19

On Topic.. Resistance is Futile.

Image Attachments
borgcube.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1230 ]