Digital Art Zone

77 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2
Posted: 10 December 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1141 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

Damn you, Brinnen, had to log in and comment on that one, very nice, love it!
Super-cool looking floor again as well.

TTFN

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1142 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10

A variation of a render I posted elsewhere on the forum.
Slightly different style from my usual (and the bear could do with being dropped down a few millimeters).

Image Attachments
BearTreeALT.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1143 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 10 December 2012 07:24 AM
Kerya - 10 December 2012 05:53 AM

I want to say THANK YOU! to Horo and David!
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13080/

P.S. How long does the download stay?
I have only weekends to download ...

You’re more than welcome. At least until the end of the year. If you need more time, just tell us.

Or end of the world, whichever comes first smile

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1144 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2004-10-01

It won’t come. There’s not such an easy way out. smile

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1145 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 11 December 2012 03:49 AM

Easy way out? Poles reversing and the world being ripped apart as a result (based on one of the more recent variations of what’s supposed to happen on 12/21/12) doesn’t sound like an easy out to me. smile What’s really funny to me is how this Mayan Calander thing has changed over the years. I first became aware of it in my teenage years in the 70’s, when I was fascinated with the concept of aliens having visited earth in the past. At the time I was reading several books by Erich von Daniken such as Chariot of The Gods, Gold Of The Gods and two or three others. In one of them it talked about a visit to a Mayan site and the Mayan Calander and refered to the infamous date of 12-21-12. Except in that version of the Mayan Calander story the world wasn’t supposed to end on 2012 but rather Aliens who supposedly were responsible for things like the Nazca Lines in Peru (which make images only visible from the sky and were created well before man had the ability to fly) would supposedly return to Earth at that time. Since then however it has become, for some reason, a forecast of doomsday with one version being that due to some sort of cosmic alignment of planets the earth’s poles will suddenly shift causing earthquakes, tsunamis and the earth being stripped of the part of the atmosphere that protects us from the damagin effect of solar winds.

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1146 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15240
Joined  2003-10-09

I guess we are less likely to panic this side of the pond, My Family survived this, we can survive anything. Both my brother and I were born in London, him in 1941.  If you pan westwards to Putney bridge on the river and then see Hurlingham on a zoomed in screen, you will see how they missed us.  http://bombsight.org/#15/51.4649/-0.1973

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1147 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14
chohole - 11 December 2012 04:47 AM

I guess we are less likely to panic this side of the pond, My Family survived this, we can survive anything. Both my brother and I were born in London, him in 1941.  If you pan westwards to Putney bridge on the river and then see Hurlingham on a zoomed in screen, you will see how they missed us.  http://bombsight.org/#15/51.4649/-0.1973

I was thinking of that this morning. Every time I hear a war plane I get heart racing and want to run into the cellar.

Image Attachments
bloop_010_(1022x766).jpg

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1148 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14
TheSavage64 - 11 December 2012 02:09 AM

A variation of a render I posted elsewhere on the forum.
Slightly different style from my usual (and the bear could do with being dropped down a few millimeters).

Eyes beer.

Image Attachments
bloop_011_(1022x766).jpg

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2004-10-01
LordHardDriven - 11 December 2012 04:23 AM

At the time I was reading several books by Erich von Daniken such as Chariot of The Gods, Gold Of The Gods and two or three others. In one of them it talked about a visit to a Mayan site and the Mayan Calander and refered to the infamous date of 12-21-12.

Compatriot of mine. Yes, read all his stuff at the time. Was fascinated. Not that I took everything as plain truth, but it made me thinking out of the usual box.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1150 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19
eireann.sg - 11 December 2012 05:30 AM
chohole - 11 December 2012 04:47 AM

I was thinking of that this morning. Every time I hear a war plane I get heart racing and want to run into the cellar.

Nice Render there looks familiar…

I think your model came out looking better than mine.

Image Attachments
necklace.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1151 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2008-11-04
LordHardDriven - 11 December 2012 04:23 AM
Horo - 11 December 2012 03:49 AM

Easy way out? Poles reversing and the world being ripped apart as a result (based on one of the more recent variations of what’s supposed to happen on 12/21/12) doesn’t sound like an easy out to me. smile What’s really funny to me is how this Mayan Calander thing has changed over the years. I first became aware of it in my teenage years in the 70’s, when I was fascinated with the concept of aliens having visited earth in the past. At the time I was reading several books by Erich von Daniken such as Chariot of The Gods, Gold Of The Gods and two or three others. In one of them it talked about a visit to a Mayan site and the Mayan Calander and refered to the infamous date of 12-21-12. Except in that version of the Mayan Calander story the world wasn’t supposed to end on 2012 but rather Aliens who supposedly were responsible for things like the Nazca Lines in Peru (which make images only visible from the sky and were created well before man had the ability to fly) would supposedly return to Earth at that time. Since then however it has become, for some reason, a forecast of doomsday with one version being that due to some sort of cosmic alignment of planets the earth’s poles will suddenly shift causing earthquakes, tsunamis and the earth being stripped of the part of the atmosphere that protects us from the damagin effect of solar winds.

Actually, it’s hard to know exactly what the Mayans were predicting with the 12/21/12 date - I’m not sure if you could really even call it a prediction. The Mayans’ “long-count” calendar, which is the calendar that supposedly predicts our doom (they had three calendars, each of which were more accurate than ours today), simply ends at 12/21/12 - that is the end of this particular “time epoch” or cycle (called a b’ak’tun). There are, in fact, inscriptions in Mayan ruins that refer to dates after 12/21/12, so obviously the Mayans did think we would be around for awhile after that. I believe the latest date reference found so far is in the year 4772, LOL!

But the Mayans aren’t the only source of concern for some concerning this date. Prophets through the years have predicted great troubles surrounding the year 2012. People like Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce foretold ominous events unfolding and great societal changes (or demise). I even heard once of a program that searches the web for some sort of signs of societal change and mumbo-jumbo that has come up with 12/21/12 as the date of some sort of cataclysmic event. 12/21/12 has become a cottage industry.

But then, the end of epochs has always captured our attention, and it does seem that the beginning of a millenium is often marked with societal and political upheavals. The years around 1000AD saw the beginning of the dark ages and assorted other joys (black plague, etc.). Remember our own fascination with Y2K? Not so much the computer date-change thing, that was a real possibility - but all of the other doom-and-gloom predictions. My take on that is, if there are to be great changes in our world at the end of a millenium, I doubt it would happen exactly in time with our calendar. So 2012 doesn’t seem that far off from 2000, if you want to tie the whole “Mayan Calendar/New Millenium” thing together.

Of course, if you tie enough “stuff” together, you can support almost any argument…

Signature 

“We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.”
Mark Twain

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1152 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2536
Joined  2004-07-06

Let my computer do some work while I got some wood cut.  Need to keep that stove fed!

No particular objecting with the renders, just trying some materials out on some geometry under some (obscure) light.

Image Attachments
Obscure_light_experiment3.jpgObscure_light_experiment4.jpgObscure_light_experiment5.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10
cjreynolds - 11 December 2012 10:39 AM

(they had three calendars, each of which were more accurate than ours today),

LOL!

Prophets through the years have predicted great troubles surrounding the year 2012. People like Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce foretold ominous events unfolding and great societal changes (or demise).

LOL!

My take on that is, if there are to be great changes in our world at the end of a millenium, I doubt it would happen exactly in time with our calendar. So 2012 doesn’t seem that far off from 2000, if you want to tie the whole “Mayan Calendar/New Millenium” thing together.

LOL!

Of course, if you tie enough “stuff” together, you can support almost any argument…

Yes, I see what you did there. LOL

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1154 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  Polar bear image looks good, as usual.  Diamonds are looking good as well.

@eireann & Rareth:  You both are doing fantastic work.  Rareth, that diamond is looking better as the work progress.

@David:  Those texture images look really interesting.  Nice job.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1155 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-11-17

@Roland4:
That dof is quite strong for such scene - it makes it look like it was miniature.

@Rareth:
I like your gem shaders and light setup more and more with every new update… The last two gem renders are already very interesting.

@TheSavage64:
‘Van Gogh’s football’ and ‘Van Gogh’s Bauble’ are trippy - it would be cool to have these on this year’s Christmas Tree.

I like light on the landscape with the tree and bear render. Lowering the bear down so that it’d slightly overlap with the ground and the gift would be very beneficial to this image. And…. poor bear! Looks like he lost sight… I can’t see his eyes :(

77 of 100