Digital Art Zone

4 of 6
DSON for Poser - Whats YOUR verdict ?
Posted: 26 December 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  568
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok I looked in my dson importer log txt file (in Poser top menu, do: Scripts > DSON Support > Importer Preferences > Log File - Show )

I noticed it writes out to a path, find a line that says:
“DSON Write Path: D:/PoserContent/!Main/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted”

See what path it writes to for you.

I went to that path and saw in the content_files subfolder it creates multiple Genesis.cr2 !!!  gulp So you might want to do a search under that folder (including all subfolders) for Genesis.cr2 and delete them all and force the poser dson importer to write a whole new one…

Also delete any .pmd files (binary morph collection files) it might have left behind in that path under the data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base subfolder

If this works, we need a feature request for DSON Importer to purge cache maybe…

edit to add: also check out the actual cache folder as shown by Poser top menu, do: Scripts > DSON Support > Importer Preferences - Cache Folder
see what’s under there… mine was clean.

Signature 

Brevity is the soul of wit.
[ My DAZ3d Store | AprilsVanity.com | AprilYSH.3d on facebook ]

Posted: 26 December 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2003-10-09

April, thanks for the suggestion.  I did that and it still didn’t work.  There were two genesis.cr2 files in the path shown by my DSON importer log file.  I deleted those, then I went to the cache folder and deleted those also.  Still doesn’t work.  This is driving me crazy.  lol. 

Edited to add:  I deleted the .pmd files also

Posted: 26 December 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2088
Joined  2003-10-09

wow my log file generates huge lists of “Could not find source property for formula: Genesis:.....”

Posted: 26 December 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Mine too

Posted: 26 December 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Wait!  It worked!  THANK YOU APRIL!  You are now my hero grin

I went back and just checked everything in the cache file and the content_files subfolder and I had missed one base character cr2.  I just deleted everything in those folders and now it works.  I restored all the other morphs/files etc into the right place and everything seems to be working now.  grin

Thank you LycanthropeX and April for all of your help today grin 

Posted: 26 December 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yaaaayyyyyy
thank you April, you are the best

Posted: 26 December 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yay! glad it works :D will have to submit that “search and destroy ALL dson temporary files” feature request lol

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7918
Joined  2009-06-11

If files in the auto-adapted folder are moved or deleted saved scenes won’t load downer

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

uh oh whoops! lol! hopefully only the incomplete genesis fail to load and can be replaced easily!

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7918
Joined  2009-06-11

Hate posting negative stuff. Can only confirm that all the issues raised - and some that haven’t been like pwnd geometry,  are real and reproducible, and that the issues only get worse as I try to build a scene. Between October 24 and December 27 I had 22 separate goes at producing a final render with DSON imported items, to no avail.  If there is another DSN importer version in the works that would be much appreciated. My (lamentable) 2c.

Posted: 26 December 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

hey, with so many attempts over that time period, your feedback couldn’t be dismissed as “negative” - rather, that’s a fair effort! smile though it would ultimately only be of use to you if you reported the bugs where the developers could see it, at https://bugs.daz3d.com/  ... (you need to create an account there if you haven’t already, it’s not tied to the rest of the daz website account)

Yes, they are continuing bug fixing as far as I know smile bearing in mind that apart from my short lived julie&justin; non-loading issue, I’ve had pretty good results personally, so I haven’t been paying attention to when a new public release might be forthcoming or what it might include.

Anyway, I forgot to answer the OP: I like genesis and genesis items, but I prefer poser to render in… lol so I have to be nice to the DSON Importer! Lucky it’s been nice to me LOL

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

April, please check your PM.

Thanks grin

Posted: 27 December 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Now is there some trick to getting Genesis clothing to work in Poser? All my Genesis clothing only seems to work on the default body shape. Morph Genesis in any way shape or form and the clothing at best doesn’t fit very well and has massive poke through issues, at worst it bends off in all sorts of funky directions. I feel like I am stuck doing NVIATWAS renders, or painting clothing in post work. Oddly enough most Hair files for Genesis work ok, but so far I have not had any luck with any conforming clothing items for Genesis. I have tried clothing with DSON support and clothing that I exported from Studio, both seem to work equally as well.

Posted: 27 December 2012 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Probably a dumb question but did you select the clothing, set it to “Body” and do…  scripts->DSON Support->Transfer Active Morphs ?

Posted: 27 December 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

nope, didn’t know I had to. Just tried it and it helps some, still not perfect. Still a lot of poke through

4 of 6