Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Daz coyness strikes again - no genitalia in Poser!
Posted: 16 October 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-11-27

Hmmm, I wish the mother nature foget to add some little things to creators bodies… just for awhile… to make them more focused on stuffs and things…

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
Coon Ra - 16 October 2012 03:58 AM

Hmmm, I wish the mother nature foget to add some little things to creators bodies… just for awhile… to make them more focused on stuffs and things…

And less focused on… uh… stuffs… and… uhh… things…

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
esther - 15 October 2012 09:29 PM

does the Dimension 3D script work for converting clothes from genesis to posergenesis?
Love esther

It works with the importer, to bring in DSON and many DUF, into Poser, without companion files. No new functions for clothing or anything.

DSON Loader for Poser (without companion files).

edit:
Nice workaround here - DSON for Poser - Whats YOUR verdict ?

Although that’s about autofit clothes.

Something to try - Later in the thread

I haven’t had time to play or study up, so I’m not clear on all the issues…

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 21 October 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-17
Starfish42 - 14 October 2012 04:57 AM

I’d already got there - found the details about how to convert to duf, done it, and created the poser companion file.

Loaded the male gens - and then it all went wrong again. I got the genitals to import, but the cage and the figure are not matching or working together.

It also appears that the materials have not been converted, either.

I repeat my original request - can we have this done properly by Daz, please, because us lesser mortals can’t make this stuff work.

This is not an unreasonable request.

It is frankly unbelievable that this is so complicated. DAZ please fix this problem immediately and stop making us attach, convert, parent, or whatever else in order to get these functions on your models. Stop making us suffer. We are paying a lot of money for these products.

I’ve heard the words “update” and “next week” but nothing has changed yet. I will not accept anything short of the original base models with the gens already there (NOT as a separate object). That is, not confirmed, not attached, not a prop, but part of the original model.

I’ve raged at DAZ many times over the years, but this one really takes the taco.

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1717
Joined  2008-11-10
treewrx - 21 October 2012 12:39 PM

It is frankly unbelievable that this is so complicated. DAZ please fix this problem immediately and stop making us attach, convert, parent, or whatever else in order to get these functions on your models. Stop making us suffer. We are paying a lot of money for these products.

I’ve heard the words “update” and “next week” but nothing has changed yet. I will not accept anything short of the original base models with the gens already there (NOT as a separate object). That is, not confirmed, not attached, not a prop, but part of the original model.

The geografting is the solution for the gens and seems like a better solution than clothing makers trying to model clothing around the gens that are permanently attached. Once geografting attaches, it’s like it’s part of the original model.

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-02-21
Male-M3dia - 21 October 2012 01:11 PM

The geografting is the solution for the gens and seems like a better solution than clothing makers trying to model clothing around the gens that are permanently attached. Once geografting attaches, it’s like it’s part of the original model.

I just ran a search for “Geo-Grafting” in this forum and have come up with 0 results as to what it even is. I attempted to convert the gens for the female model and import it into poser, but when I applied my skin textures and effects it was obvious it was a separate prop and would require quite a bit of post-work to make it blend in.

I don’t know about you guys, but when you start applying complicated texture modifications to the model it stands out quite obviously.

Unless there’s some other way to “geo graft” that I’m not aware of. But why would I be, considering there is no tutorial or anything whatsoever to learn to do it properly?

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Is Daz aware this was left out of the V5 bundle as well-and are in the process?
Thanks!

quote author=“fixmypcmike” date=“1350229747”]DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1717
Joined  2008-11-10
jago187 - 21 October 2012 01:17 PM

I just ran a search for “Geo-Grafting” in this forum and have come up with 0 results as to what it even is. I attempted to convert the gens for the female model and import it into poser, but when I applied my skin textures and effects it was obvious it was a separate prop and would require quite a bit of post-work to make it blend in.

I don’t know about you guys, but when you start applying complicated texture modifications to the model it stands out quite obviously.

Unless there’s some other way to “geo graft” that I’m not aware of. But why would I be, considering there is no tutorial or anything whatsoever to learn to do it properly?

Well it also depends on what UV you are applying to Gens. I think they are working on the updating them because the settings to get them on was missing in the product from what I hear.  I think when I got the male gens on to it i used a character preset and and conformed that to genesis and it worked, but you may want to get the updated files.

Posted: 21 October 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am watching this as well.

jago187 - 21 October 2012 01:17 PM

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2012-04-12

Tacking on here so I get notified when it is fixed.

Posted: 27 October 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1142
Joined  2010-11-30

DSON Gens have arrived for M5 & V5.

Posted: 28 October 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2003-10-09

so which files do I need to reset and then redownload to get these please?

Posted: 28 October 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

G’day Esther!

I reset V5 combo-and a new trx appeared- it was version 1.5 vs 1,4, as well as a Poser CF. It installed- I conformed and Transferred active morphs. There IS an issue. No texture maps.It has mat groups for Genesis-but I applied V5 Bree-and it still remains neutral Grey,

Eric

quote author=“esther” date=“1351473820”]so which files do I need to reset and then redownload to get these please?

2 of 2