Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Daz coyness strikes again - no genitalia in Poser!
Posted: 14 October 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-05-01

I’ve been downloading and installing the DSON bundles for Poser, and particularly the M5 Pro and V5 Pro bundles. But the genitalia (only available in those bundles) does NOT show up in Poser.

It looks to me as though they have not been DSONed.  I know Daz are extremely coy at even admitting that figures have such details, but it looks as though Poser users are not expected to have genitals at all (!).

Is there any easy or effective way to fix this, or do I simply have to wait until a Poser Companion file is released? And if so, any idea when? - please don’t say “Soon” wink

(I would add I only got the Pro bundles, which contained quite a lot of stuff I didn’t need, to get complete figures, so I was somewhat dismayed that this hadn’t been done).

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

If you have DS4.5.1.6 installed, you can create your own companion files for anything that hasn’t been officially converted yet by DAZ.

But this brings to mind another question: does the importer support geografting?  If not, then that would explain why the genitals don’t work.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2006-05-01

I’ve downloaded and installed DS4.5.1.6 - I’ve tried using the Create Poser Companion Files in the library options pane, but it tells me I need DUF files and that it won’t convert a dsf - as far as I can tell, the genitalia is only in dsf format. Am I missing something?

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2009-03-29

There is also another way. Set up Genesis in DAZ with the genital (or any geocrafted part like the fourarms) loaded. Save the scene in the DAZ scene folder and create a Poser companion file for the scene.

You can find the “new” Genesis in the scene library of poser, with a perfect fitting geocrafted part and morphs.

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
Starfish42 - 14 October 2012 04:38 AM

I’ve downloaded and installed DS4.5.1.6 - I’ve tried using the Create Poser Companion Files in the library options pane, but it tells me I need DUF files and that it won’t convert a dsf - as far as I can tell, the genitalia is only in dsf format. Am I missing something?

Can you load the genitalia DSF, into Studio, and then save it as DUF, or DSON?

This looks right, but my brain is mush, at this hour: Creating DSON Poser Companion Files

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2006-05-01

I’d already got there - found the details about how to convert to duf, done it, and created the poser companion file.

Loaded the male gens - and then it all went wrong again. I got the genitals to import, but the cage and the figure are not matching or working together.

It also appears that the materials have not been converted, either.

I repeat my original request - can we have this done properly by Daz, please, because us lesser mortals can’t make this stuff work.

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

Is subdivision on? That could hypothetically make the vertices mismatch.

If it is, can you switch it off, until they’re properly joined, then switch it back on?

Did you try Jerham’s idea?

And, in the end, maybe geografting just won’t work there (at least for now).

Maybe you’d have to parent a 3rd party item, and deal with morph following with them.

If that’s the case, a little warning on the pro bundles would’ve been in order.

But, if that turns out to be true, before the return window closes…

Hopefully, there are people who have an authoritative answer. They’d probably land here.

Starfish42 - 14 October 2012 04:57 AM

I repeat my original request - can we have this done properly by Daz, please, because us lesser mortals can’t make this stuff work.

I’m sure they could get that done s—-... uh, you know.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8672
Joined  2007-11-06

DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 October 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-11-27

So, with 4.5.1.6 out do I have to re-download all my Genesis content? But, in case of re-download, to wait a bit for geocrafted things being DSON updated?

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5879
Joined  2006-02-20

Or you could try this
http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
fixmypcmike - 14 October 2012 09:49 AM

DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

So does V5’s work then? And other geografted stuff?

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-11-27

I meant those geografted things, too. My opinion is that official release is a bit more solid than homemade brew.

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2005-02-21
Coon Ra - 15 October 2012 10:17 AM

I meant those geografted things, too. My opinion is that official release is a bit more solid than homemade brew.

Hello, I am also waiting on this. I thought I was the only one.

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Kerya - 15 October 2012 07:07 AM

Or you could try this
http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Yeah, that should do a perfect job of it. He did the impossible, and wrote GenX. Then the DSF Toolbox. He knows his way around this stuff.

But it kind of sounds like there might be some problem with a bit of M5 Pro.. Or maybe it’s just that it was supposed to be DSON’d, I’m not sure.
I’d like to know more.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8672
Joined  2007-11-06

My understanding is that geografted items work fine (although I think in Poser they just act like conformed items), and they just forgot to do the genitalia when they did the individual items for the bundles.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09

does the Dimension 3D script work for converting clothes from genesis to posergenesis?
Love esther

1 of 2