Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
My clothing wip thread
Posted: 13 October 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2231
Joined  2005-09-05

I’ve been following Spryo’s render thread found here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6801/

As I’ve been making progress on learning to make clothing I thought as Spyro mentioned that the clothing he was looking for was hard to find that I would have a go at trying to make the items in one of the pictures he posted. So this clothing is inspired by this image but will not necessarily be exactly the same.

See pic below

Image Attachments
Tribal_Girl_by_Celestial4ever.jpg
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

My progress so far…

Image Attachments
skirt_back.pngskirt_front.pngskirt_left_side.pngskirt_right_side.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

materials are now set up and I’ve been trying to fine tune it so it works with displacement fur

I’ve been able to improve it slightly through adding some more loops…

Image Attachments
test_2.pngtest.pngtest_4.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2009-02-26

This is looking terrific Pendraia! I love seeing things in progress cheese Also, If this will be built up in separate material zones, I can see this product being of many variants. smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 13 October 2012 10:45 PM

This is looking terrific Pendraia! I love seeing things in progress cheese Also, If this will be built up in separate material zones, I can see this product being of many variants. smile

Material zones are important, I’m not sure how many I will be doing on the skirt though. I think I’ve worked out a fix for the skirt with a fur hem but I will probably need to create a morph for it as it involves creating a little overlay over the skirt trim.

Image Attachments
fix_without_fur_shader_back.pngtest_5.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Pendraia - 13 October 2012 11:01 PM
Spyro - 13 October 2012 10:45 PM

Material zones are important, I’m not sure how many I will be doing on the skirt though. I think I’ve worked out a fix for the skirt with a fur hem but I will probably need to create a morph for it as it involves creating a little overlay over the skirt trim.

OH Wow! Yep! Consider that fixed! Perfect, and usable for a non fur hem as well. Good for variation between characters smile This just keeps getting better cheese

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 13 October 2012 11:21 PM

OH Wow! Yep! Consider that fixed! Perfect, and usable for a non fur hem as well. Good for variation between characters smile This just keeps getting better cheese

*sheepish grin…I have to confess to being a little bit anal. I wasn’t hem with the morph so I went back a couple of saves and tried uv mapping it which seems to have fixed the original problem.

Render using shader suit fur and suede…

UV map is just a quick one basically cut down the side seams and did a quick flatten.

Image Attachments
fixed_far.pngfixed.png
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Brog peeks over Jades shoulder, really surprising as he was playing with flint tools just a second ago. Brog motions his mate over, she stares at the screen with a large grin on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

I think you have more fans than you know Pen. This is looking so good. I just wish to thank for your time and work. The Tribe and I will be happily following along.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi Pendraia,
very beautiful work, I’ll definitely have to keep coming back to see your progress. gulp

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Jaderail - 14 October 2012 04:50 AM

Brog peeks over Jades shoulder, really surprising as he was playing with flint tools just a second ago. Brog motions his mate over, she stares at the screen with a large grin on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

I think you have more fans than you know Pen. This is looking so good. I just wish to thank for your time and work. The Tribe and I will be happily following along.

michaeltoo - 14 October 2012 06:17 AM

Hi Pendraia,
very beautiful work, I’ll definitely have to keep coming back to see your progress. gulp

*blushes* Thanks for the nice comments…there probably won’t be any more pics until the weekend. Works pretty busy at the moment…and by the time I get home my brain is fried.; )

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Take all the time you need. I’m still gathering items and waiting on a Plugin that I will need to master before I even think of getting any real work done on my Primitives. You keep RL in sight and just have fun when you can. I love watching this stuff I will admit, seeing how things are done always fascinates me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

First, nice work, Pen! And does the furify-shader works in DS4.5Pro?? Looks at the fur and it looks good!! I’ll definitly want to look using it as I’m familiar with it in DS3A.

And a second question. Might peel off into a new thread if you wish, but I was looking for a way to convert some M4 clothing to genesis. It worked decently, except in parts where polygons are missing after using weightmapping. Wonder if triaxe will help. You’re the resident expert according to posters in the Stupidity-thread in the Commons. Posted some screen-shots a to show what I mean.

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

@Norse - Here is a thread Pendraia started with gen3+4 to Genesis. Some good tips in there that might help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/8783/

Signature 

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Thanks!! I’ll look into it and start working.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Norse Graphics - 16 October 2012 10:53 AM

First, nice work, Pen! And does the furify-shader works in DS4.5Pro?? Looks at the fur and it looks good!! I’ll definitly want to look using it as I’m familiar with it in DS3A.

And a second question. Might peel off into a new thread if you wish, but I was looking for a way to convert some M4 clothing to genesis. It worked decently, except in parts where polygons are missing after using weightmapping. Wonder if triaxe will help. You’re the resident expert according to posters in the Stupidity-thread in the Commons. Posted some screen-shots a to show what I mean.

lol…me an expert….that’s a surprise! Lol

Can you give me more info on what you’ve done so far ? Perhaps in the thread Spryo pointed to so it’s kept in the one place…

Thanks Spryo for providing the link…: )

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Just wanted to let anyone watching this thread I haven’t forgotten that I’m doing this. Unfortunately Mum went into the hospital Friday night and I’ve been really busy with real life. I’m hoping to get some chance to do some more next weekend.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

1 of 3