Digital Art Zone

5 of 12
Can we PLEASE get an updated Powerpose for Genesis (and 2) now? *PROBABLY SOLVED*
Posted: 18 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5178
Joined  2012-04-07

Got it working in D/S4.0 grin

On W7, I “had to” move the file to be edited “out” of the Programs folder, edit it, then moved it back where it belonged. In D/S4.0 after loading Genesis and getting the page setup; I had to click on the head or hands ... then click back to the full figure image to get that image to refresh properly. For some reason D/S4.0 seems a little sluggish for refreshing its folders on my new computer, might have something to do with the new AV ... however ... it’s all working and thank you again very much.  grin The instructions in the .pdf were great.

Image Attachments
works_in_4-0.png
 Signature 

For those out of the news loop, 2 Suns.

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2005-07-29

I am elated that this work was done to restore Powerpose for Genesis.

I am overjoyed and was always kvetching about the lack of support for it.

You guys are awesome and I concur with the poster who suggested placing the new directions and download links in the first post to make them easy to find.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  755
Joined  2012-07-21
Patience55 - 18 October 2012 06:18 PM

Got it working in D/S4.0 grin

On W7, I “had to” move the file to be edited “out” of the Programs folder, edit it, then moved it back where it belonged. In D/S4.0 after loading Genesis and getting the page setup; I had to click on the head or hands ... then click back to the full figure image to get that image to refresh properly. For some reason D/S4.0 seems a little sluggish for refreshing its folders on my new computer, might have something to do with the new AV ... however ... it’s all working and thank you again very much.  grin The instructions in the .pdf were great.

It’s a known issue in PowerPose, sometimes you kinda loose your dots. Adding a default camera and switching selections between genesis and the camera seems to do the trick best.
Patience55, in your screenshot i still see the old generic template, not the new genesis template. In Win7/Vista under certain conditions (user account control settings or so) when you manually change or overwrite a file, windows will make a copy of the original file, place it in virtualstore and feed that copy to Studio instead of the changed file.
If you edited the templates.dsx file before changing the security settings as explained in the .pdf that copy might still be there and be used. Try finding the virtual store (user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) and see if it has a Program Files\Daz directory in it. If so, just delete it. Then check the templates.dsx again, it may have reverted back to the original now. That virtualstore can be a very painful pain in the you-know-what.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 October 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2003-10-09

Many thanks to all who contributed to achieve this. Like Adzan I also learned some new stuff reading this thread.

Signature 

Erdehel’s deviantart page

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-08-25

In what version will this be fixed?

please no quickfix update by users, the daz team have to fix this for all the users.
this have to be build into the main program.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25
BlackFeather1973 - 16 October 2012 12:02 PM

Ok, so here it is : a Genesis template for the PowerPose plugin.
You can download the files here. I also included a pdf with installation instructions.
Basically you just drop the templates in the PowerPose directory, open the file Templates.dsx in the powerpose directory with a plain text editor or an xml-editor and add the following lines between the last </tplset> and </template_suite> at the end of the file :

<tplset>
      <name>Genesis</name>
  <dynamics_file>bipedDynamics.dsx</dynamics_file>
      <geometry>
        <name>Genesis</name>
      </geometry>
      <template>
        <label>Body</label>
        <file>genesisBody.dsx</file>
      </template>
      <template>
        <label>Hands</label>
        <file>genesisHands.dsx</file>
      </template>
      <template>
        <label>Head</label>
        <file>genesisHead.dsx</file>
      </template>
  </tplset>

Next time you start Studio and select a genesis figure, powerpose will look like this :

have you sent this to daz to fix this in the main program? i have add the zip to bugrequest thread for fix.

what about more controls for the face (and have easy build of expressions?)

Signature 

(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

Posted: 20 October 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  809
Joined  2003-10-09

Rkane: I updated the first post a few days ago with the link and other information. 

fixme: I let the appropriate DAZ guys know about this fix, it’s up to them now whether they will include it in a future version of Studio. Blackfeather also explained that he wasn’t able to add morphs to Powerpose, so we’ll have to wait and see if DAZ will ever consider it.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
SnowSultan - 13 October 2012 06:46 PM

SOLVED - Thanks to Adzan and Blackfeather1973, we now have a new Genesis template for Powerpose.

Awesome! Thanks to the three of ya, and everyone who helped or encouraged this effort.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 23 October 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2005-01-18
T Jaiman - 23 October 2012 05:43 AM

SOLVED - Thanks to Adzan and Blackfeather1973, we now have a new Genesis template for Powerpose.

Awesome! Thanks to the three of ya, and everyone who helped or encouraged this effort.

I second that! Thank you so much. I didn’t use the Powerpose feature much but I tried it with this Genesis fix and it’s fabulous!! Thanks again to everyone for making it possible. grin

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2005-07-29
JeanneM - 23 October 2012 01:55 PM
T Jaiman - 23 October 2012 05:43 AM

I second that! Thank you so much. I didn’t use the Powerpose feature much but I tried it with this Genesis fix and it’s fabulous!! Thanks again to everyone for making it possible. grin

Love, Jeanne

I tertiary… er.. I third it…. yea… that’s what I meant to say.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 25 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  578
Joined  2005-01-19

Question: It can be done templates for ghost bone in clothes or this only works with a principal figure?

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 25 October 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2003-10-09
gilikshe - 25 October 2012 05:13 PM

Question: It can be done templates for ghost bone in clothes or this only works with a principal figure?

yes you can make templates for items clothing

Posted: 26 October 2012 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21
gilikshe - 25 October 2012 05:13 PM

Templates can be made for basically every geometry that has bones/nodes. If there’s no template powerpose will present you the generic template (the standard grey figure) but you will only be able to control the bones that are both in the selected object as well as in the generic template.
It’s actually not as complicated as i make it sound grin  Just select the clothing you want to control and open the powerpose-tab.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 26 October 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25

OK, who can write a tutorial about this? as it seems so easy to do, it can ‘t be hard to write a tutorial for this subject.

ps: use the pinning option (with CTRL) from within powerpose is so good.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2012 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21
fixme12 - 26 October 2012 05:38 AM

OK, who can write a tutorial about this? as it seems so easy to do, it can ‘t be hard to write a tutorial for this subject.

ps: use the pinning option (with CTRL) from within powerpose is so good.

There’s still a few things i haven’t figured out yet, mainly on the dynamics files, but with some help from adzan, we might be able to cook up a tutorial on this. (no pressure there, adzan wink  )

I didn’t know there was a pinning option in powerpose. How does that work ? I can see the pin when i ctrl+click in powerpose, but it doesn’t seem to have much effect ?

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

5 of 12