Digital Art Zone

2 of 13
Can we PLEASE get an updated Powerpose for Genesis (and 2) now? *PROBABLY SOLVED*
Posted: 14 October 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2005-08-25
SnowSultan - 14 October 2012 02:38 AM

The Powerpose for Genesis is also missing the pelvis and the toes - the toe dot selects the big toe of Genesis instead of the Toes.

Ah that’s right! Adzan, do you think you could fix that too if you have time? Thanks again for your help with this issue so far.

created a bug report about this, to be sure it get’s fixed.
you find it here.
https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48149

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(666 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12

I’m in firm agreement, as a 3D comic artist, I use the Powerpose all the time and find it frustrating to have one feature so far outdated compared to the rest of the D|S package.

DAZ…please update this feature. 

This feature in my opinion and those I have taught how to use D|S have found Powerpose to be a goldmine of efficiency.

Please update!

I made this entry some time ago with no follow up or entry.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6816/

-Paul

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  829
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you Adzan for the updated file and good work.  smile  I filed a bug report a long time ago too and nothing ever came of it. Glad to see that others want this fixed too.

Oh, I will also be happy to host this file if you don’t want to use that filesharing service. I think the file is deleted after 30 days, so just let me know. Hopefully DAZ will have fixed it by then anyway.  wink

Annikad: I have completely customized my menus and workspace so I don’t know if this is still the way, but I choose Tabs -> Powerpose and it should appear. Load Genesis (or the Gen 4 figures), click on a dot and drag to move a body part.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2006-10-07

I figured that I would pop in and drop my nickel’s worth of thought on this. As a dedicated Poser user and having only used DS to work on content creation, Paul has been trying to teach me how to actually use DS as a means of creating images instead of just using it as part of my workflow when making content. I found Powerpose to be extremely user friendly and easier to use than what I am used to doing in Poser. I did however see some interesting issues with it, such as there being a way to control the large toe but not the rest of the toes of the foot. I also feel that there should be some additional pins in the midsection to make the bending there seem more natural. Please don’t take this a me saying one program is better than the other, I like both for different reasons and having started out in Poser it is just easier for me to work with. I wish Poser had something like this that made posing a character as painless as Powerpose dose in DS! I would love to see an update to this plugin, it would go a long way to helping people build native poses instead of having to either rely on a modified canned pose or dealing with the added frustration of fighting with dials and sliders to make their own.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  198
Joined  2003-10-09

hi SnowSultan you’re welcome to host the file.

i hope daz does at least provide a Genesis Powerpose update for you all.

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
fixme12 - 14 October 2012 08:45 AM
adzan - 14 October 2012 07:53 AM

I seem to recall that a daz member used to make PowerPose templates for some of the cartoon creatures and animals,
but i can’t remember the members name, was it daydream, dreamful, something dream.
I wonder if they’re still about because i’m sure they could do a better job than me

are you sure you did not mean the pantomime plugin?

umm, dunno. lol

I think it was Powerpose? I’m sure I remember seeing template add-ons for the 3d Universe mouse and some other figures because they where well done and cute. but it would have been a few years ago around 2007/8 ish.
but i don’t use Studio hardly at all so i could be wrong lol

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25
adzan - 14 October 2012 11:14 AM
fixme12 - 14 October 2012 08:45 AM
adzan - 14 October 2012 07:53 AM

I seem to recall that a daz member used to make PowerPose templates for some of the cartoon creatures and animals,
but i can’t remember the members name, was it daydream, dreamful, something dream.
I wonder if they’re still about because i’m sure they could do a better job than me

are you sure you did not mean the pantomime plugin?

umm, dunno. lol

I think it was Powerpose? I’m sure I remember seeing template add-ons for the 3d Universe mouse and some other figures because they where well done and cute. but it would have been a few years ago around 2007/8 ish.
but i don’t use Studio hardly at all so i could be wrong lol

yeah it’s a while ago, ‘m also not sure anymore. LOL
i was only sure, i loved the pantomime plugin in ds1.8

Signature 

(666 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Fixme, yes I’m pretty sure Pantomime was similar to Powerpose and I also seem to remember there being templates for other figures. It’s obviously possible to make your own, that’s probably what the “template” code in the Powerpose directory is for (knowing HOW to do it properly is the hard part).  wink

Adzan, do you know if we could add the EyesUp-Down and EyesLeft-Right morphforms to the Head and have a dot to control those dials too? I think the Generation 4 template has those dials. Again, my thanks for your improvements to the Genesis one so far, I just tried using it and it was so much easier to pose the figure than before. 

Here’s a little unexpected ‘feature’ I just noticed: if you use Powerpose to pose the eyes, the lids do not move with them. Great for making toon figures look down without having their eyelids partially close like they do for realistic figures.

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2005-06-02

I remember dreamful’s addons but haven’t seen any posts from him in a long time. Here is a link to his site, you may be able to contact him.
http://www.dreamful.it/3d_forum/index.asp

Signature 

confused is this a smiley or a scary?

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
romancefantasy - 14 October 2012 07:18 PM

I remember dreamful’s addons but haven’t seen any posts from him in a long time. Here is a link to his site, you may be able to contact him.
http://www.dreamful.it/3d_forum/index.asp

Yep that’s the member, his templates that I remember, looks like he stopped making them last year, pity

And dreamful reported the issue with a figure with a big toe not working correctly with the templates back in 2008,
heck i don’t feel so silly about not being able to make it work lol, wonder if it’s still the same problem

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
SnowSultan - 14 October 2012 05:47 PM

Fixme, yes I’m pretty sure Pantomime was similar to Powerpose and I also seem to remember there being templates for other figures. It’s obviously possible to make your own, that’s probably what the “template” code in the Powerpose directory is for (knowing HOW to do it properly is the hard part).  wink

Adzan, do you know if we could add the EyesUp-Down and EyesLeft-Right morphforms to the Head and have a dot to control those dials too? I think the Generation 4 template has those dials. Again, my thanks for your improvements to the Genesis one so far, I just tried using it and it was so much easier to pose the figure than before. 

Here’s a little unexpected ‘feature’ I just noticed: if you use Powerpose to pose the eyes, the lids do not move with them. Great for making toon figures look down without having their eyelids partially close like they do for realistic figures.

Hi SnowSultan, the eye up and down dot positions are still included with the templates, I loaded M4 and V4 but didn’t have the extra eyes dots show up. Perhaps the DS 4.5 update has broken something

Posted: 15 October 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25

Powerpose can be a lot more as it is now.

with some expansion to this, we can use this to visual build expressions without use the sliders from the parameters tab
(where we only can read, openmouth, close eye,...)

a visual way to build expressions sounds better and faster to do this.

a request about such expansions for face control i made here
https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=44475

(example from iclone)

Image Attachments
facial_detail_interaction.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  766
Joined  2012-07-21
adzan - 14 October 2012 07:21 AM

I added the pelvis

but i couldn’t find a way of adding the extra toes or the pectorals with out causing instability, so I left them out. sorry

Here’s the link to the updated template, if it’s still of use

http://www.zipupload.org/5F2

please make a copy of your original file genBody.dzx before making any changes

place the file from the zip into the main daz studio directory under \plugins\PowerPose , it will ask to overwrite the original file - so make sure you have a copy!

you will also want to keep a copy of the new file >> as it will be overwritten when daz updates studio, unless someone can convince daz to add the extras..  well daz are much cleverer than me so they could add the changes in half the time it took me

Thanks, adzan !  Tried to figure it out on my own, that only resulted in Studio crashing.
Your’s works like a charm.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s a very good idea Fixme, and very possible seeing how Morphforms like the eye movement morphs used to work in earlier versions of Studio. Having morphs like MouthOpen, EyesSquint, and others right on the head guide would be very handy.

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 15 October 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  766
Joined  2012-07-21

Got totally inspired by this thread, took a good look at the files in the PowerPose directory and decided to make a personal project of it.
Not sure when it will be ready but i’ll happily share the files here when i’m done.

Here’s what i’ve got so far :

Image Attachments
PimpedPowerPose.png
 Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

2 of 13