Digital Art Zone

1 of 12
Can we PLEASE get an updated Powerpose for Genesis (and 2) now? *PROBABLY SOLVED*
Posted: 13 October 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2003-10-09

UPDATE:  Unofficial PowerPose fix is in final testing. Download it here (includes readme):

http://www.snowsultan.com/free/powerpose_update.zip

Please read the readme and back up your PowerPose plugin folder before installing (readme tells you how)

——————————————————————
original message from 2012
——————————————————————
I still don’t know why after a few direct requests besides my own, a filed feature request to the bug tracker, and what, a year since it’s release, but DAZ Studio still uses the Gen 4 Powerpose template for posing Genesis, and it’s not good enough because Genesis has two Abdomen regions. If you would also like to see this tool updated, please post here and maybe eventually someone will pay attention.  smile

Thanks,

SnowS

———————————————————————————-
SOLVED - Thanks to Adzan and Blackfeather1973, we now have a new Genesis template for Powerpose.

Here is Blackfeather’s fix and important information: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9650/P30/#137553

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06

What is Powerpose i just did a search and nothing showed up. I don’t have any issues posing genesis, but I am always interested in anything that might help my work flow.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2003-10-09

There seems to be a Genesis powerpose template loading in the version of studio i’m using version 4.5.1.6
I even checked the program directory and it’s just called ‘gen’ or is that for generation 3 ? because it only has one abdomen ?

Does the translation widget ball have the same function as the body buttons in Powerpose, I don’t use it for the face or arms but it has similar feedback to powerpose when used on the body

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

FSMC: Powerpose is the tab that has an outline of a human figure with little dots on it. You can click on a dot and depending on how you move and with which mouse button you use, you can pose the figure’s limbs and body.

Azdan: Yes, a template does load in Studio 4.5, but it’s for the Generation 4 figures (because as you said, it only has one Abdomen section). This may not seem like a big issue at first, but unless you can move the “Abdomen” body part (the Powerpose dot moves “Abdomen2” on Genesis), the figure can’t bend over as far as it can if you use the dials.

The translation widget ball, if I’m understanding you correctly, has the red, green, and blue lines that you can move left and right (if you can click on that tiny little tab)? That’s basically a visual version of the dials themselves, and I don’t find it all that convenient to use.

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ah ok

I’m wondering if the template has not been made because Genesis doesn’t have any geometry, I think a new template would need to call the object file but genesis doesn’t have one.

There is a way around it, if you are confident to edit a file you can add the extra abdomen2, it won’t affect other figures, they’ll just ignore it.

Go to the main Daz Studio folder then open the plugins folder then the PowerPose folder

then open the file called genBody.dsx in a text editor - save a copy before editing.

and paste the bone data text listed bellow - put it after the last   </group_data>  but before the last line </template_file>

<bone_data>
      <xpos>100</xpos>
      <ypos>106</ypos>
      <bone_name>Abdomen 2</bone_name>
      <jump_tab>—None—</jump_tab>
      yrot</prim_map>
      pos</prim_map_dir>
      <scnd_map>xrot</scnd_map>
      <scnd_map_dir>pos</scnd_map_dir>
      <tert_map>zrot</tert_map>
      <tert_map_dir>neg</tert_map_dir>
  </bone_data>

then find the original Abdomen entry and change the x and y positions as show bellow

<xpos>100</xpos>
      <ypos>120</ypos>

then save the file

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

That will actually add a working dot for the Abdomen on the diagram? Wow, thank you very much, I will give it a try tonight.

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

it adds the 2nd abdomen to the generic template, the image shows the two abdomen manipulation dots.

If you run into problems just shout and I can upload a text file with the changes already made

Image Attachments
genesis-ab2.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

It would be great if you could upload an edited version if you could for those who are afraid to edit it themselves. I haven’t had a chance to do it yet, but will shortly. Much appreciated!

edit: I can’t get it to work, probably because of the word processor(s) that I’m using. If you could upload a fixed one, that would be great.  smile

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3237
Joined  2007-06-22

The Powerpose for Genesis is also missing the pelvis and the toes - the toe dot selects the big toe of Genesis instead of the Toes.
I’d love to see an updaed one.

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The Powerpose for Genesis is also missing the pelvis and the toes - the toe dot selects the big toe of Genesis instead of the Toes.

Ah that’s right! Adzan, do you think you could fix that too if you have time? Thanks again for your help with this issue so far.

Signature 

- Bob Denver

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1748
Joined  2012-04-14

Ooh I did not know this existed, how do you load it? Thanks.

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I added the pelvis

but i couldn’t find a way of adding the extra toes or the pectorals with out causing instability, so I left them out. sorry

editited

Image Attachments
genesis-PAB-2.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2011-09-13
adzan - 14 October 2012 07:21 AM

I added the pelvis

but i couldn’t find a way of adding the extra toes or the pectorals with out causing instability, so I left them out. sorry

Here’s the link to the updated template, if it’s still of use

http://www.zipupload.org/5F2

please make a copy of your original file genBody.dzx before making any changes

place the file from the zip into the main daz studio directory under \plugins\PowerPose , it will ask to overwrite the original file - so make sure you have a copy!

you will also want to keep a copy of the new file >> as it will be overwritten when daz updates studio, unless someone can convince daz to add the extras..  well daz are much cleverer than me so they could add the changes in half the time it took me

Thanks Adzan, that worked a treat. It will also get me using PowerPose again, as I’d forgotten about it! As for the toes and pecs, it’s a shame, but adding Abdomen2 is still worth while.

(For anyone else who want to do it, the file is in the Program Files folders, by the way, not in My Library/Runtime.)

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I seem to recall that a daz member used to make PowerPose templates for some of the cartoon creatures and animals,
but i can’t remember the members name, was it daydream, dreamful, something dream.
I wonder if they’re still about because i’m sure they could do a better job than me

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-08-25

Powerpose is one of the most useful tools inside studio and on of the reasons why i dislike poser so hard!

FIX please,

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-08-25
adzan - 14 October 2012 07:53 AM

I seem to recall that a daz member used to make PowerPose templates for some of the cartoon creatures and animals,
but i can’t remember the members name, was it daydream, dreamful, something dream.
I wonder if they’re still about because i’m sure they could do a better job than me

are you sure you did not mean the pantomime plugin?

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

1 of 12