Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
ACKKKKK!! My Catagory dissappeared!! Help…. please ..... 
Posted: 13 October 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2008-10-19

Here I am finally getting a chance to play with Genesis,I am useing DS4.5 pro ,on Windows ,and up until an hour ago I had my content in a catagory set up showing in DS and then blink blink a window pops ups stateing CMS has stopped working ,and the catagories had all dissappeared ........What do I do to fix this?? I re started DS and the same warning popped up .I can still find my stuff going through the other folders, but I really want my catagories back ........

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9573
Joined  2007-11-06

If you reboot, does the CMS still keep stopping?  What security software do you use?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Reboot =restart the computer?? I’ll restart and let ya know.
I have AVG ......

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Okay so I restarted the computer ,(How come it’s called reboot anyway??) and wonder of wonders my catagories have for the most part reappeared ,but now when I try to open a saved scene it tells me it’s finding duplicate IDs .......

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9573
Joined  2007-11-06
carrie58 - 13 October 2012 05:53 PM

Okay so I restarted the computer ,(How come it’s called reboot anyway??) and wonder of wonders my catagories have for the most part reappeared ,but now when I try to open a saved scene it tells me it’s finding duplicate IDs .......

The duplicate IDs issue is from some older Genesis products (before about March), in which two properties are given the same name.  In most cases it doesn’t actually cause the item to work incorrectly, but it could cause problems.  You can fix it by either resetting the item to get the corrected version, or using Richard Haseltine’s script as a stopgap.

Reboot comes from the phrase “pulling up by one’s bootstraps”, which in a sense is what computers do when they boot up.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

So how do I figure out which items are throwing the duplicate ID’s to replace them ?? I thought I had already but looks like something got missed ....
Hmmmm boots straps huh ,that’s silly computers don’t wear boots or even shoes…......heeehehhehehe. sorry couldn’t help myself .

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8314
Joined  2009-05-14
carrie58 - 13 October 2012 06:18 PM

So how do I figure out which items are throwing the duplicate ID’s to replace them ?? I thought I had already but looks like something got missed ....
Hmmmm boots straps huh ,that’s silly computers don’t wear boots or even shoes…......heeehehhehehe. sorry couldn’t help myself .

Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Awre Of all iupdated content is listed there

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Thank you Szark

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8314
Joined  2009-05-14

My pleasure. I haven’t had any dup ID’s for ages now since I updated all the Genesis content.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Okay complaining again ,now when I add a prop into the scene CMS stops working again and while Catagories is still there the folders are now empty .......and I think I’m getting a headache .......
Here’s a screenshot

Image Attachments
Screen_shot.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2037
Joined  2011-07-31

You might also want to take a look at the Housekeeping and Maintenance for DS4 thread over in the New Users Help forum.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Thanks Anne I need to do something cause it seems to be getting worse now when I try dressing Genesis the clothes aren’t following ,even if I parent them .........

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
carrie58 - 13 October 2012 08:47 PM

Thanks Anne I need to do something cause it seems to be getting worse now when I try dressing Genesis the clothes aren’t following ,even if I parent them .........

You might also be hitting a memory issue. Check how much Free Ram you have with this scene loaded.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Hmmm free RAM ummm how do I check that?? I do know I have 6G of RAM but I don’t know how much is being used   by DS . and I’ve got a Quad core so it shouldn’t be haveing too much trouble with the scene .........4 figures a backdrop and 4 props .........jeez I did a much bigger scene in DS3 without it have a breakdown .......

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Just a thought, but you have A meter Gadget in Win 7 you can just turn on. I find it handy for large sets. The textures eat more Ram than anything. I hit 80% with of my 8Gb of Ram when the Ultimate Forest set is loaded.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

New question when I go to the database folder what should be in it?? I tried following Adam’s thingy and it didn’t do anything ....I think I’m fubar ......
Oh and where will userdata export to ?

1 of 2