Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Windows XP to Windows 7 x64 - can not re-install - Need Help
Posted: 04 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2006-08-25

Seems I have to give up.. :(

for some reason the default installation, YES I have delete the whole shizzle again.

And reinstalled it, step by step but when loading the default studio configuration DAZ Content Management Service stops…

Why I haven’t a clue..

I even tried this under a new user, same thing..

* going to sit in a corner and cry.. *

Image Attachments
Cry-icon.png
 Signature 

A little magic goes a long way.. www.safeunderdark.com 

Kirisute’s Ultimate mega Freebie Pack!!

Posted: 06 November 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2003-10-09
Safeunderdark - 13 October 2012 02:38 PM

Hi,

I have reinstalled studio, but it somehow reminds the file-paths and setting, resulting in the same problem again, and again.

Is there a way to totally remove the configuration, settings etc.?

I want to make a fresh install and create a new runtime.
When I install it now, it somehow remembers the old runtime folder, and it starts goofing things up again.

Does someone know how to do this?

Please and thank you!

I had this same problem, it was asking for a directory that doesn’t exist anymore because the hard drive died with no warning . I tried and tried to reinstall and install DS 4.5 and content but it was still looking for my old library that isn’t there. I called DAZ and they couldn’t help either , their suggestion was to make a bug report after 2 days of trying to help me. Funny thing is I couldn’t do that either since the new site has come up I can’t seem to login anymore to the bug reports.  I had to buy a new external drive and recreate the old path and install an older version of DS in order for me to install to it and start from scratch again. Using the old path I recreated I was able to install DS 4.5 and content.

I forgot to mention it has something to do with the dzinstall.ini file that keeps your settings. That would be in your user/appdata/roaming/DAZ 3D folder.

Posted: 06 November 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-25
SmileyWitchFaerie - 06 November 2012 12:36 AM

I had this same problem, it was asking for a directory that doesn’t exist anymore because the hard drive died with no warning . I tried and tried to reinstall and install DS 4.5 and content but it was still looking for my old library that isn’t there. I called DAZ and they couldn’t help either , their suggestion was to make a bug report after 2 days of trying to help me. Funny thing is I couldn’t do that either since the new site has come up I can’t seem to login anymore to the bug reports.  I had to buy a new external drive and recreate the old path and install an older version of DS in order for me to install to it and start from scratch again. Using the old path I recreated I was able to install DS 4.5 and content.

I forgot to mention it has something to do with the dzinstall.ini file that keeps your settings. That would be in your user/appdata/roaming/DAZ 3D folder.

Hi SmileyWitchFaerie,

Thank you for lending me your thoughts smile

I have completely erased the ..../appdata/roaming/DAZ 3D folder.
See the later posts.

At this moment I have solved this problem, but now the DAZ Content Management Service stops when DS is loading.

So I arrived from one problem into the next, without any error from DS (exept from the notice in the logfile)

So that is the current status.

How ever I know Technical support is on the job, I have frequent content they are trying to solve this problem.
Or at least know what is going on and by that fix, or bypass this problem.

2 cheers for the terchnical support! ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-25

OK, it looks we have found how to fix this problem

What I did to fix this:

I uninstalled the Content Management Service and re-install it,  manual in a different folder not in the default location.
This fixed my problem, Content Management Service keeps running when loading Studio.

So I’m happy. ^__^

Please note: this does erase your database and you will have to rebuild it from scratch.
it is possible you also need to re-install content, if not all content is imported in the database correctly.

If you do not have a problem with your content database, leave the settings default.

I have an idea what might have cause this problem, but before I say this I want to be 100% sure about this.
I don’t want to cry ‘wolf!’ when it is not needed. smile

Signature 

2 of 2