Digital Art Zone

Will Daz be making a bridge to Mudbox?
Posted: 13 October 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2006-12-30

Just recently got the student edition of Mudbox and think it’s fantastic but it seems difficult to go to and from D/S with it.

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6602
Joined  2005-08-15

DAZ 3D own Bryce and Hexagon, that is why there is a bridge in my opinion, so no, I very much doubt it.

What difficulty are you having?

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-30

the morph distorts Genesis when I try to pose it.

the other reason I asked was since there was a zbrush one grin

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6602
Joined  2005-08-15

How are you transferring the mesh from Mudbox?  Do you get any error messages?
Can you post a screenshot of your problem mesh?

the other reason I asked was since there was a zbrush one

There is no bridge to ZBrush, there is a plugin to both ZBrush and Photoshop, but whether that will be extended or not I have no idea.  You would need to ask DAZ 3D directly using the link to Support above.

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-05-15

Not exactly sure what you’re trying to do within Mudbox, but in my experiences Daz integrates horribly with it - I love Mudbox for texture painting (often over Genesis), but they just don’t play nicely together.

Like I said, I mostly use Mudbox to paint textures. When I use Genesis from Daz, he gets a bit warped like you say (using .fbx format)... pretty sure it’s due to something with the skeleton/skinning, but anyway you’re best off to pose Genesis while still in Daz and then export to .obj and import that into Mudbox. That way, there’s no skeleton and no warping.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-30

one shows what happens when I pose it after using my morph, the other shows my morph (it’s genesis hands only)

Image Attachments
funny.jpgTalons.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

If the morph involves smashing the fingers together then you may have moved them off the bones.  And that ‘explosion’ kind of looks like the bones aren’t matching the shape, any longer.  Have you tried going to Edit > Figure > Rigging > Adjust Rigging to Shape?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-30

it has it’s hands going up instead of down ohh

I used the three finger morph as a base though grin

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2007-01-08

Your import export scale is off. On other figures a wrong scale should have no effect but Genesis is a bit strange, and it may have an effect (I haven’t tried, I’m no good at morphs).
Regarding bridges, Dan Farr, whom is DAZ3D’s president, said they were going to work on a Maya exporter. Now that the Poser exporter is done they’re probably going to do it. No idea what the interchange between Maya and Mudbox. If it’s bad it may be the perfect time to request a Mudbox bridge in the bug-tracker at bugs.daz3d.com make an account and select “feature” as severity.