Digital Art Zone

7 of 8
Questions/ Observations about the new Site
Posted: 31 May 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9610
Joined  2007-11-06

You might want to log out, restart your browser (or clear the cache), and login again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-04-15

If the site claims to be down, and you’re pretty sure it’s not, look to see if the URL ends in / and take the / off. That fixes a lot of stuff with the forum, at least. I’m not sure why the trailing slash is a problem again, since it was fixed yesterday…

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17066
Joined  2003-10-09

I think that what may have happened is that some Moderator or admin was in the process of sticking something to the forum wall just as the site went down, and the jolt made the pot of glue tip over, so some things got stuck in the cache.

Has anyone got any indsutrial strength glue remover   please.  wink

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3827
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 01 June 2012 04:31 AM

Has anyone got any indsutrial strength glue remover   please.  wink

The club doesn’t help?

Another oddity is that when I get to the forums, I have to Log Out in order to be able to Log In.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I think they decided to try a twist on the Microsoft thing where you have to go to Start in order to Turn Off.rolleyes

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

Yes, some very screwy things going on, but it’s not DAZ, it’s me, I’ve cast a spell over the forum!

Actually, I’ve been having the same issues, sometimes I have to click on a post link from the index rather than a forum link, otherwise the site is down.  Right now even, the Bryce forum is down for me even though it isn’t.

I also discovered something quite horrific yesterday.  I got logged off, and after logging on again and then later needing to log off, the title Log Off had changed to a Not Me type button which is a practice so dumb it defies comprehension.  The only other website I know of that replaces the Log Off button with a Not Me button, is Amazon, an otherwise excellent website.

At the moment it has returned to normal again and I hope it stays that way, otherwise you are forcing confusion on your members (especially new ones) and creating a security risc.  Ask yourselves why someone called Jack would expect to click on a button called I’m Not Jack in order to log off?  It makes no sense because he is Jack, he just wants to log off and can’t because some person, for some reason yet unknown to medical science, decided that clicking a button called I’m not Jack is a much better and more obvious way to get Jack to log off than having a Log Off button.

In the end, Jack gives up and remains logged on because he can’t find the Log Off button.  He leaves the Internet Cafe and a dozen breast morphs get ordered on his account by the next person who uses the computer.

Later on he asks DAZ why there’s a bunch of breast stuff on his account, and DAZ recommends that he logs off next time.  Poor Jack of course, did everything in his power to log off, but couldn’t find the Log Off button.  He saw the I’m not Jack button, but because he IS Jack, he had no desire to click on it, just like I never the first time I started using Amazon.  I ended up reading through the Help section just to find out how I was supposed to Log Off.  Logging off took around 20 minutes, not just a second like on any normal website.

It’s an idiotically dumb and pointless thing to do, so I hope it stays the way it is.  And while I’m in complaint mode, for some reason, those nice big helpful navigation buttons that were good about the front page, have also disappeared for seemingly no reason at all.  The front page has therefore gone from functional to bad in one fatal and pointless move.

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
pumeco - 01 June 2012 07:12 AM

And while I’m in complaint mode, for some reason, those nice big helpful navigation buttons that were good about the front page, have also disappeared for seemingly no reason at all.  The front page has therefore gone from functional to bad in one fatal and pointless move.

Maybe it’s those that have fallen off and clogged up the works cool smirk

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

I admit, I did lol at that one, you’re quite witty for an old bat!

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2006-08-21

I want to say something, I really do, but as I began to type…I think the site growled at me.

Or maybe it was Pam.grin

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

No Pam is too well bred to growl, one does not growl at Daz Forum Users, one simply ignores the ones that one does not wish to respond to.  mad

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2006-08-21
chohole - 01 June 2012 09:36 AM

No Pam is too well bred to growl, one does not growl at Daz Forum Users, one simply ignores the ones that one does not wish to respond to.  mad

You responded to me. I feel much less ignored.grin

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

Peasants!

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
booksbydavid - 01 June 2012 10:19 AM
chohole - 01 June 2012 09:36 AM

You responded to me. I feel much less ignored.grin

Hmm, did you hear a strange mutter then David, or was it just someones guts rumbling rolleyes

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

It’s just one of the hazards of Spicy Curry.

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

♫♪♪  ♫♫  ♪♪♫♫  ♪♪♪

Signature 

7 of 8