Digital Art Zone

6 of 8
Questions/ Observations about the new Site
Posted: 29 May 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12
chohole - 29 May 2012 06:48 AM

(yes, they atually do test before they go live)

They really screwed-up on that one then (sorry no smiley, you know my feelings on those smilies).

Actually, I have something positive to say about this new forum.  I just clicked on my own profile and then clicked on “View all posts by this member”, and the way it categorised the search automatically was absolutely first class, really nice!  Rather than just list in chronological order, it separated my posts into the threads I’ve been posting in, and I can even see at a glance how many posts I made in each thread because they get stacked under the title of each thread.

Yup, I think that’s very nice (good design), which makes it all the more puzzling that we don’t have such basics as being able to get back to the Bryce Index from the top and bottom of a thread.  It’s as if someone who understands this stuff went on holiday and let a novice take over for a while, and they forgot about that part.

So, I take back a bit of what I said, but the part about the missing essentials is still very relevant for comfortable use of the forum.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 25 May 2012 05:04 PM

oh FYI Those of you who don’t like the new forum and the new forum interface, I do aoplogise, but it is the forum that came with the new store software. So we are sort of lumbered with it.

They had to do something becasue the old home brewed site was falling to pieces and was only functioning with the help of yards and yards of string and duct tape. grin

Do you still have that famous club of yours? If so then maybe try giving the site a few whacks? Sometimes when things aren’t working right a few well placed blows can bring it into submission. grin

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
pumeco - 26 May 2012 05:06 PM

[It amazes me why they even need to sort out these problems after making it live.  It should have been done before it went live, by testing on an identical offline clone of the original server.  We have a saying here in the UK, when we see something ridiculous from America on the TV, and we say, “Only in America”.  I think we need a new one that goes something like, “Only DAZ”.

I was just about to post a smiling smiley to show that I mean that in good humour, but as I said, the new smilies look crap so I absolutely refuse point blank to use them!

Well Daz is an American based company so the old saying still works just as well. grin

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
pumeco - 28 May 2012 06:59 AM

I’m on a totally different browser and OS to Dan, but still something is getting detected as being insecure.

Maybe with all the criticisms the site has developed self esteem issues and has become insecure as a result? grin

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3668
Joined  2004-10-01
LordHardDriven - 29 May 2012 11:30 AM

Do you still have that famous club of yours? If so then maybe try giving the site a few whacks? Sometimes when things aren’t working right a few well placed blows can bring it into submission. grin

Haha - thanks for that remark, LordHardDriven. It reminded me of a small joke we had on the workshop door when I worked as radar maintenance engineer at our main airport fourty years ago. It showed a TV, a properly dressed gentleman with a briefcase marked “TV Repair” and a sloppy dressed guy with a butt in his mouth - the owner. The caption read: “Funny, when I give it a hefty kick, it usually works.” There’s great wisdom in your suggestion.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16372
Joined  2003-10-09

I do have it stored away

Image Attachments
Choavianime.gif
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

lol@LordHardDriven

Posted: 30 May 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-28

Добрый день!
Когда же начнёт работать галерея Брайс? smile
Спасибо!

Good day!
When it starts to work Gallery Bryce? smile
Thank you!

Posted: 31 May 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The galleries will be added to the site at a later date. We have no indication yet when it will be.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

That means soon, DAZ soon!

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

It will happen anon !

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2006-05-26

Chohole,

Something odd is happening with the forums today. For example i received an email with the following link. When it click on the link it tells me that the Daz site is down for maintenance. Strange right. Here is the link:

Someone just posted in a thread you subscribed to at:
DAZ Discussion Forum

The title of the thread is:
Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

The post can be found at:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/10369/

The link related to a post made by Len in the Show your Renders thread. Sometimes the entire forum area reports as site down Just wanted tp let you all know.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-26

Chohole, I also cannot enter the Commons, I get the same site down error.

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9004
Joined  2007-11-06

The store and forums have been down on and off all day as various fixes are rolled in.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-26
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 10:22 PM

The store and forums have been down on and off all day as various fixes are rolled in.

That makes sense to a certain extent. The problem is that currently the site is not down, but the link says it still is. As mentioned I cannot access the Commons but I can see that there have been new posts to the Commons so obviously others are able to access it. Seems something odd is happening with links themselves for whatever reason, not directly related to the actual state of the site.

Signature 

6 of 8