5 of 8
Questions/ Observations about the new Site
Posted: 28 May 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3595
Joined  2004-10-01
dan whiteside - 28 May 2012 06:33 AM

Mentioned this at The Commons but didn’t get a response but I’m very security conscience and concerned about this error message every time I post to the forums. Any suggestions?

Might that be because this is not a https (port 443) but simply a http (port 80) connection?

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16101
Joined  2003-10-09

Mentioned this at The Commons but didn’t get a response but I’m very security conscience and concerned about this error message every time I post to the forums. Any suggestions?

I have to admit I have never seen anything like that when I am posting to the forum, and as you can see I do make a few posts rolleyes

Is this something that your AV software throws up ?

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Would that this was the worst of the problems to be sorted out   rolleyes

pumeco - 28 May 2012 06:35 AM

@Moderators
I think you just might be sadistic as well as evil if you expect us to be satisfied with the new smileys.  I mean I’m not religious, but dear god, please change them to the older type.  There’s just something about them, they look really effeminate or something, and dare I say it, I’m sure that if they did the rounds on YouTube, people would be inclined to think they were a bit gay.

I’m literally having to force my hand to click on these, just to show you what I mean:

grin  smile  tongue rolleye red face

All you need is a mustache added to this one and you could claim campiest set of smileys on the internet:

shock

I just can’t use those smileys, give me a break, I mean even the uber-cool Hoff would have trouble shaking-off any gossip that would surely accumulate if he were to use one of those smileys.

Please, don’t do this, you can’t expect blokes to use those!

After posting those smileys, I feel like I need to find a video to make me feel like a man again.
Ah, here’s one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vNsDhFaKUk

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12
Horo - 28 May 2012 06:46 AM

Might that be because this is not a https (port 443) but simply a http (port 80) connection?

I get a similar security problem with the Chrome browser.  When I visit the logon page, the HTTPS is highlighted in green meaning it’s safe.  But as soon as I’ve logged in I get a HTTPS that is orange with a warning.  Whatever it is, I think it’s got something to do with DAZ’s certificate.  I’m on a totally different browser and OS to Dan, but still something is getting detected as being insecure.

Doesn’t mean it is, but the browser does warn about it.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

When you log in to this site, the HTTPS protocol is used. This is secure and the stuff sent over the network encrypted. As soon as you get into the forums, the protocol changes to HTTP. Everything sent over the network is as open. There are no certificates needed for HTTPS. It might be that your browser settings are such that you are warned when you leave a secured protocol and continue with an open one. I wouldn’t get excited about that.

If you are in an online store and pass on your credit card number over HTTP, than get worried.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

I think you’re right.  I just logged in again to check, and indeed the HTTPS disappears and it reverts to standard HTTP from whatever page I click on after the page I got logged into.  I forgot all about that, I used to use IE before and can’t even see a setting in Chrome for it.

Anyway, I’m not worried about it, the only time I get concerned is if it turns red with a cross through it.

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Just for the records, I’ve just checked with Chrome. Before I log-in, I don’t see the protocol in the address field. Then I log-in and get a green HTTPS protocol indication. After having entered my credentials and hit the button, I lose the HTTPS protocol and get none in the address field. Copying the address field to a simple text editor shows the full URI with the protocol and it is HTTP. By the way, we had this discussion before.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2006-05-09

Has anyone noticed that there’s no longer a warning that you already purchased an item, and no easy way to sift thru your order history to check manually?  Just these 2 bugs together are a genuine disaster.  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Signature 

An example is worth ten thousand words.

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
max v nimos - 28 May 2012 12:08 PM

Has anyone noticed that there’s no longer a warning that you already purchased an item, and no easy way to sift thru your order history to check manually?  Just these 2 bugs together are a genuine disaster.  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

This was one of the first things that was mentioned, when the store first went live.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@Pam
I forgot to mention this one in my previous post, it’s the worst of the lot —-> kiss

@Horo
I don’t know what you mean, peasant, when did that happen?

Anyway, I think I must have something set different in my settings, because that effect you describe where it hides the protocol, is part of the design of Chrome (unless the site uses a security protocol).  I’m not getting that though.  The page I land on directly after logging in, still shows the HTTPS but has an orange security warning over it.

Then when I leave that page, I get what you get - a hidden HTTP.

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the info! I probably worry too much…

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2005-12-17
Rashad Carter - 23 May 2012 09:38 AM

1. How will the new Galleries work and when does Daz expect to have the Galleries online?

I second this question, but I get the sense that they’re a low priority right now. There does seem to be some form of gallery out there, but a user/password box keeps popping up for some reason:

http://gallery.daz3d.com/gallery/index.php/

Signature 

$5 eBook Cover Designs

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hmm, can I ask where you found that link.  please.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@Pam
During the period when the forum was locked, there was a link direct to it from the main menus if I recall.

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OK, it’s no big deal, it’s just that if you click Galleries” from the home page you get a different display, but can still see Galleries, well sort of see galleries. not current ones but you can see images.

That one is password protected because they’re still testing it (yes, they atually do test before they go live)

Signature 

5 of 8