It took a brand new computer, but I finally got DSON to work in my PP12, much to my delight! Here’s a render I did of a dial-spun character, using Evolution, Morph Kits, and a dash of Gen4 via GenX.
My only minor beef with Genesis right now is the lack of an EyeSurface material and the fact that there’s no way (that I know of) to turn shadows off for the eyes so that the supposedly transparent cornea doesn’t cast a dark shadow over the iris.
For this render, I cut out a bowl from the high-res sphere primitive with the grouping tool, saved it as a prop, and nested one snugly inside the other. I then turned shadows off for both of them, created a displacement map for the corneal bulge, and used the same map as a transparency on the inner bowl. Finally, I parented the inner bowl to the outer one, saved them both as a combined prop, loaded another one for the other eye, and parented each outer bowl to its respective eye.
The only problem now is that any morph that affects scaling requires manual re-alignment of my eye props.
Click thumbnail to see full-size image