Is This A Viable Option For Recovery?
I have been reading adamr's guide to moving the CMS from one computer to another. A while ago I moved computers, but now I'm back on a Win7 64 bit machine, the same as what I backed up from - so now I think I can finally try to restore my backups.
I backed up on my external HDD:
- The entire DAZ 3D folder with My Library in it (Which was in C:\...\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio)
- The entire DAZ 3D folder in Program Files with Content Management System in it (Which was in C:\Program Files)
- The entire DAZ 3D folder in Program Files (x86) with the DAZStudio4 folder in it (Which was in C:\Program Files (x86))
-- And of course all the original scenes are also backed up.
I installed all the same content in the same place as before, such as V4 and Morphs++, etc. However, now I need to start copying stuff from one place to another. My questions are:
- Can I just copy and replace the existing DAZ 3D folders that I listed above, which are currently installed in the same locations as before, and on the same drive letter, with the ones I backed up?
So for example: From my external HDD, I move the entire My Library folder (as it was on my old computer, now backed up), to C:\...\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio where My Library is on my current computer, and replace it (after backing up what I replace). And then repeat for the other two DAZ 3D folders for Program Files.
- Does it matter that the original files were created using DAZ Studio 4 Standard 64bit (I think it was 64, but I'm not 100%), and I am now using Daz Studio 4 Pro 32 bit?
- When I backed up the Content Management System folder, I don't think I shut down the CMS process. Will this render my backup flawed and usable?
- I am using 4.0.x, not 4.5. I didn't even realize that was out! If I upgrade to 4.5, will I still be able to recover the files I created in 4.0.x?
Thanks a lot for your time! I really would like to get access back to my files since I have a lot of work I can't open.