Digital Art Zone

7 of 7
Poser + Genesis DSON Importer module not found
Posted: 04 June 2013 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5904
Joined  2006-02-20

The DSON importer itself HAS to be installed inside the Poserpro2012 software folder.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 04 June 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-06

Thank you! It kept installing to a different version of Poser I had on my machine, no matter how many times I changed the path in the settings. I finally searched my hard drive for the DSON folder, manually copied it and pasted it into the correct version folder under program files. Then, it lagged my library. After searching a fix, I found I had not copied and pasted the ScriptMenu folder to find the turn off progress bar. Finally did that, seemed to be ok. Then I find that DSON imported hair and clothes don’t conform to my V4 after all that, realizing my preset scenes with her were not going to work, I quietly closed my laptop and cried.

Thank you for your fix though, it def worked for the issue smile

Posted: 05 June 2013 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5904
Joined  2006-02-20

Oh my ... {{{hugs}}}

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 28 November 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-11-23
cole4965 - 13 October 2012 03:29 PM

Thanks I figured it out, I didn’t know how to link to an outside folder from inside Poser, shame on me, I have had every version of Poser since version 4.

So how do you link it?

If all the essentials have to be in a runtime outside of where Poser is, then how do you tell pose/DSON to go check for the files outside of Poser?

Posted: 16 December 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Joined  2013-06-25

As much as I Love Daz and Poser ,they do not make anything easy or user friendly, when I got Poser 10 it was sent as a link that didn’t open .and when I found it. it was a number not highlighted or Hypered , I did have the DSON installed and it messed everything up ,I uninstalled it , went though all the poop to get it back and Nothing , there is no PDF users manual ,its all a mess , I’m no longer worried about DSON Installer , I with DAZ and Poser which seem to be the same thing would merge or something . I use these programs so I don’t have to do Python Script ,to make people and monsters .Its getting redundant

Posted: 21 June 2014 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Joined  2010-10-26

Poser + Genesis DSON Importer module not found
I had problems with Poser 2012
Installed Poser 2014, same issue
Uninstalled the Importer from the DAZ import Manager
Set the settings to the correct application paths in the DAZ install Manager
Re-installed the importer
and it worked fine

Posted: 13 July 2014 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-09-09

I’ve read through the thread, and seen plenty of answers, but not one that I seems to work on mine, so I’m gonna lay my trouble out here.
I have Poser 10. 
I’d moved my Poser 10 (and Daz Studio, Bryce, etc) to an external HD, to save space on my laptop’s HD. 
Bryce and Poser works just fine (the new Daz Studio was being whacky even before I moved it)

Victoria 6 keeps saying the “Add a writable runtime folder to the library and try again”.
The DIM keeps installing things to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
I’ve tried so many different angles, and nothing worked.  I just tried re-installing V6 (and the requisite stuff, Genesis Female etc…)
Still get the same error message. 
Tried copying the My DAZ 3D Library folder to my Poser runtime on my EHD.  (This has worked just fine before with other things)
Still get the same error message. (but it *looks* like some good came of it,  more appears than appeared before)
I’ve tried changing read-only settings: Windows doesn’t allow that.

Almost seems with these new “Install managers” and DSON importers, Poser has made itself *more* complicated, rather than less.

7 of 7