Digital Art Zone

4 of 20
DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available
Posted: 12 October 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
Kendall Sears - 12 October 2012 09:12 AM

Ubuntu is a Debian based distro, so it uses a package manager.  Wine install is relatively painless.  Similarly, Fedora is a RPM distro and also uses a package manager.  Wine install in Fedora is also painless.

Nifty!  Thanks.  Aside from pars of MS Office, virtually everything I have falls into one of two categories, multimedia and engineering (mechanical & electrical) & ham radio which kind of fits under EE.  I can’t quite port over everything that doesn’t have a Linux equivalent but it’s close enough to start looking seriously at leaving Windows.  It would be cool if my laptop (500 MHz P3 with a whole 384 MB RAM) cold be convinced one of the Ubuntu or similar distros would be good for it but thus far it’s no joy.  OTOH, with an 800x600 screen, they’re not so very good for DS or Poser anyway.

Make sure that you load the Wine i686 packages, not the x86_64.  The 64bit support in Wine is starting to work, however, it is not ready for general use.  The Wine/32 (i686) support is pretty much flawless for DS and Poser.

Since the machines I have are all 32 bit, this is not a worry.  I checked the WINE site and it looks like 1.4 is the latest stable version.

EDIT:  All of this is for the non-developer packages.

About all I’m developing is renders.  Well those and continued plots to take over the universe. grin

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different tongue wink

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3055
Joined  2004-10-25
fixmypcmike - 12 October 2012 01:39 PM
Miss B - 12 October 2012 01:30 PM

OK, I just reset my downloads and grabbed the 32-bit and 64-bit of the new version.

Question—Do I need to re-download the 3D Photoshop Bridge, the GoZ Bridge, Decimator and the Starter Essentials again?  Anyone know if those have had updates as well?

They haven’t changed since 4.5.0.114, so if you previously had that or 4.5.0.137 you don’t need those.

Thanks Mike.  I didn’t think so, but glad for the clarification to be sure.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 12 October 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3802
Joined  2012-02-06

Haven’t tried to install yet. Is it recommended that I uninstall my current version (DS 4.5.0.114) before running the installer?

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26
Scott-Livingston - 12 October 2012 07:38 PM

Haven’t tried to install yet. Is it recommended that I uninstall my current version (DS 4.5.0.114) before running the installer?

The installer should ask you to uninstall the last build before it installs.

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-09-07

First, let me apologize right off the bat if this has been posted anywhere and dealt with. If so, please give me the link to the fix.

Okay, as I was installing this new upgrade 4.5.1.6 = I began getting errors - I clicked ignore because after the second attempt and getting the sames errors, I wanted to write them down. I did go on with the install, but I haven’t gone any further - I stopped to make this post.

Errors:

icudt30.dll
icuin30_x64.dll
icuuc30_x64.dll
vkernel_release_x64.dll
vshared_release_x64.dll

Please, if anyone knows - why did I get the above errors and will Daz Studio function normally after installing while getting the above errors? What malfunctions will the errors cause within the program? Should I just reinstall the previous and wait a while before moving ahead?

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2006-12-08

Removed: Wrong Thread rolleyes

Signature 

Life is simple - People make it complicated

Old post count until May 2012 was 5453

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Mercedesk - 13 October 2012 02:53 AM

First, let me apologize right off the bat if this has been posted anywhere and dealt with. If so, please give me the link to the fix.

Okay, as I was installing this new upgrade 4.5.1.6 = I began getting errors - I clicked ignore because after the second attempt and getting the sames errors, I wanted to write them down. I did go on with the install, but I haven’t gone any further - I stopped to make this post.

Errors:

icudt30.dll
icuin30_x64.dll
icuuc30_x64.dll
vkernel_release_x64.dll
vshared_release_x64.dll

Please, if anyone knows - why did I get the above errors and will Daz Studio function normally after installing while getting the above errors? What malfunctions will the errors cause within the program? Should I just reinstall the previous and wait a while before moving ahead?

These are related to the valentinadb used in the CMS.  We need to know the actual error(s) that you are getting before we can tell you what is going on.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8322
Joined  2009-05-14

I posted about this on earlier pages. Since about 2 or 3 updates ago (including betas) I started to have issues like many here. I uninstall CMS, Daz Studio and all plug-ins (if they have been updated) first then I reinstall. Since doing that the process is smooth and content all working.

Up to that point I always let the installer uninstall the old version/s

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-07-04

Oh sweet, a new update. Maybe that whole exploding characters thing has been fixed!

Oh wait… no it hasn’t. My old characters blow up, my new characters blow up.  My render looks like a bomb went off in it.

Image Attachments
Boom.JPG
 Signature 

WWW.OCTOBERCOMICS.COM

Superhero comics and an Actual Play Podcast!

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-04

Hard for me to make beautiful pictures with this mess.

Image Attachments
ouch.JPG
 Signature 

WWW.OCTOBERCOMICS.COM

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-04

Here we have two characters. The one the I blurred is saved under the old format. I’m lucky to have her but can’t do much with her. If I save this scene and then reload it a day or so later she would blow up too.

The messed up looking one is the same character with just a change of clothes and then saved under the new format.

Image Attachments
two.JPG
 Signature 

WWW.OCTOBERCOMICS.COM

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

@Szark: thanks, I’ll try that!

@Orphanslayer69: the last time I experienced that problem (an earlier version of DS4.5), the fix was to save the scene with the exploded figures and then open it again. Not sure if that remains true, but it’s probably worth a shot.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-04

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot right now!

.... welp, I revisited three diffrent renders I had given up on and did what you said, and it seemed to solve the problem.

Scott, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Signature 

WWW.OCTOBERCOMICS.COM

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
Szark - 13 October 2012 11:14 AM

I posted about this on earlier pages. Since about 2 or 3 updates ago (including betas) I started to have issues like many here. I uninstall CMS, Daz Studio and all plug-ins (if they have been updated) first then I reinstall. Since doing that the process is smooth and content all working.

Up to that point I always let the installer uninstall the old version/s

I followed Szark’s instructions above and had no problems. smile Thanks, Szark.

And you’re welcome, Orphanslayer69! Glad it worked, and happy to help!

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8322
Joined  2009-05-14

I was going to wish you luck but I didn’t want to jinx it. smile

Signature