Digital Art Zone

10 of 20
DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available
Posted: 12 November 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14719
Joined  2003-10-09

What are your computer specifications? Are you using the latest drivers for the video card/chipset?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-09-03
Richard Haseltine - 12 November 2012 05:31 AM

What are your computer specifications? Are you using the latest drivers for the video card/chipset?

x64-based PC

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU   Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical

ATI Radeon HD 4800

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.70 GB

I have updated video drivers….

What happens is that I can do everything in Daz3d like I could do before, I can even move the figure etc, but the crash happens when I click the scene with my mouse browser in “Pose & Animation”. If I click the scene or move the figure in the scene, Daz3d closes and I see a loading sign then a little box pops up about fatal error. It’s a pose & animation problem, i guess? I’m not sure what I am supposed to do.

sorry for the late response.

Posted: 13 November 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17
Rasteve - 13 November 2012 03:51 PM

x64-based PC

ATI Radeon HD 4800

What happens is that I can do everything in Daz3d like I could do before, I can even move the figure etc, but the crash happens when I click the scene with my mouse browser. If I click the scene or move the figure in the scene, Daz3d closes and I see a loading sign then a little box pops up about fatal error.

Are you using the built in Windows Video Drivers or the ATI Catalyst?  There are a few versions of the Catalyst that will SegFault with OpenGL use.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 13 November 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Joined  2011-09-03
Kendall Sears - 13 November 2012 04:01 PM

x64-based PC

ATI Radeon HD 4800

What happens is that I can do everything in Daz3d like I could do before, I can even move the figure etc, but the crash happens when I click the scene with my mouse browser. If I click the scene or move the figure in the scene, Daz3d closes and I see a loading sign then a little box pops up about fatal error.

Are you using the built in Windows Video Drivers or the ATI Catalyst?  There are a few versions of the Catalyst that will SegFault with OpenGL use.

Kendall

Using Catalyst. Not sure why this is occurring now, been using Daz other versions with absolutely no problems.

I edited my last message, Daz only crashes when I click the scene background/or attempt to move the figure with the mouse in ‘Pose & Animation’

Posted: 13 November 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Rasteve - 13 November 2012 04:06 PM
Kendall Sears - 13 November 2012 04:01 PM

x64-based PC

ATI Radeon HD 4800

Kendall

Using Catalyst. Not sure why this is occurring now, been using Daz other versions with absolutely no problems.

I edited my last message, Daz only crashes when I click the scene background/or attempt to move the figure with the mouse in ‘Pose & Animation’

On the few ATI based machines that we have we’re running Catalyst 8.900.7.0 and we’re stable.  Every time we change the version we start getting SegFaults with pretty much everything that uses the FireGL layer.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Part of the problem is, that this build of (4.5.1.6) uses a different version of Qt and the Qt OpenGL implementation…so, even if the video card driver is the same, that change may not like that version of OpenGL (especially with AMD/Ati drivers, since they seem to have the ‘flakiest’ OpenGL between driver versions…Intel just has flaky OpenGL, across the board; Nvidia every so often flakes out, too).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Joined  2011-09-03

I just uninstalled Daz3d, then I deleted the Daz3d folder in this order C drive->users->*insert username*-> and make invisible files visible -> App data->roaming->and Delete the Daz3d folder.

After doing this I reinstalled and it was fine. Before not only did I have that crashing problem, but the menu was missing everything but File, Window, and help. In file there was only exit as well. Not sure how that happened, but everything is fine now. thanks.

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

I came across a bug when changing the parameters of some lights in my scene.  In the “Lights” tab; I “CTRL”+clicked several lights; changed the shadows parameter from Deep Shadow Map to None & only had the parameters of the last light clicked change.  I had to go back and change the parameter of each light individually.  Doing the same sequence worked under the “Parameters” tab.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
mjc1016 - 13 November 2012 07:14 PM

Part of the problem is, that this build of (4.5.1.6) uses a different version of Qt and the Qt OpenGL implementation…so, even if the video card driver is the same, that change may not like that version of OpenGL (especially with AMD/Ati drivers, since they seem to have the ‘flakiest’ OpenGL between driver versions…Intel just has flaky OpenGL, across the board; Nvidia every so often flakes out, too).

Mesa seems to work pretty consistently… but is very slow compared to the ‘proprietary’ solutions.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Kendall Sears - 13 November 2012 08:54 PM
mjc1016 - 13 November 2012 07:14 PM

Mesa seems to work pretty consistently… but is very slow compared to the ‘proprietary’ solutions.

Kendall

Why can’t we get both?

Rock solid stability and speed?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 14 November 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1598
Joined  2005-02-25

For latest Daz content, you get a downloader… one is “legacy” one is “poser companion” and one is DSON… which one(s) do I need as just a ds4.5 user?

Posted: 14 November 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16352
Joined  2003-10-09

AS a DS 4.5 user you need DSON Core

Legacy are for DS4   Poser companion files are to use with the DSON Core files in Poser.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 November 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1447
Joined  2012-08-31

YES!

Did the upgrade from 4.5 and everything works perfectly. I was terrified that I was going to end up losing all my content or some other crap would happen and my machine would be screwed up in horrible ways that would never let me run Daz again, because that’s just the way my luck rolls.

But the install was flawless and everything seems to work great except the camera cube rotates a lot faster than the old camera cube did which is a little tricky to fine tune. I’ll have to go in and see if I can adjust that to slow it down a bit.

But YAY!!!!! I can render GLASS now!

GLASS!!!!

So beautiful…. so…. GLASSY!

Does a happy glass dance.

Posted: 14 November 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-04-28
GKDantas - 07 November 2012 03:49 AM

Anyone having trouble with DazStudio 4.5 and Windows 8 Pro? I got an error installing it and cant run it (0xc000007b) error…

I get this as well, I can’t upgrade Daz Studio.

Can anyone help please?

Posted: 16 November 2012 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-16

I am trying to download DAZ Studio 4.5 but I couldn’t download it. It says that it is free but I can’t download it. Is there something wrong?

10 of 20