Digital Art Zone

1 of 20
DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available
Posted: 11 October 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2007-11-12

DAZ Studio has been updated to version 4.5.1.6.

DAZ 3D Plugins that were available for version 4.5.0.114 were updated but will NOT need to be updated (re-downloaded) since they are compatible with this new version.

This release contains numerous bug fixes and other enhancements - including support for the DSON Importer for Poser. See the change log for more details. The Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle (default Genesis content) has also been updated to support this release but is not required to download for users of version 4.5.0.114.

The new version of DAZ Studio is available here.

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  183
Joined  2006-10-28

Which version of the Genesis Starter Essentials is NOT required for users of DAZStudio v 4.0.5.114? I’ve downloaded 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.zip, and also 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.zip, as well as
DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64.zip. Yep, I’m a Mac user. I’m guessing its the first of these Genesis Starter Essentials—
14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.zip—
that is already installed if one is using DAZStudio v 4.0.5.114. Is this correct?

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2010-03-13

According to the post below the MetaData had been updated in the GenesisStarterEssentials 1.6 and the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 beta came with a lesser version number. So there is at least some update (even if potentially marginal, depending on your use of MetaData):

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9405/P15/#130766

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  183
Joined  2006-10-28

So, are you saying that the Genesis Starter Essentials should be Uninstalled and the newer version installed? I guess this is what you mean.

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13

Like DAZ_BHowell wrote:

“The Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle (default Genesis content) has also been updated to support this release but is not required to download for users of version 4.5.0.114.”

You can get away with not installing the Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle and it would still work with your current essentials. I’d wager most updates of the Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle were done due to the Poser support.

If you want to download and install the new essentials is to your liking, especially since the essentials bundle is a rather large download (450MB-ish)

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8351
Joined  2009-05-14

and don’t forget Dynamic Clothing Control has also been updated and will not reset with the DS4.5.1.6 downloads. You will have to reset this manually if you bought the plug-in.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-03

Oh no, not again.

Just like the last beta, when the installer runs the uninstaller for the previous version, the uninstaller errors and crashes, followed by the installer crashing.

Unlike the last beta, there’s no option to install without uninstalling so I am now completely stuck, unable to install.

I wasn’t the only person who posted about the problem with the uninstall on the last beta, so one might have thought DAZ would have fixed the issue, Instead, they’ve made it worse. Who was the smart person who decided to take the option not to uninstall out of the unistaller? They can come over here and fix my install.

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Are you on Windows? If you are can’t you uninstall through the Control Panel > Uninstall Programs?

After reading those same woes you refer to I now uninstall Daz Studio, Genesis Starter Essentials and the plug-ins first, Restart the computer (don’t know if it helps) then install the new.

All the content is working but I haven’t rendered anything yet. wink

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
DavidGB - 11 October 2012 04:46 PM

Oh no, not again.

Just like the last beta, when the installer runs the uninstaller for the previous version, the uninstaller errors and crashes, followed by the installer crashing.

Unlike the last beta, there’s no option to install without uninstalling so I am now completely stuck, unable to install.

I wasn’t the only person who posted about the problem with the uninstall on the last beta, so one might have thought DAZ would have fixed the issue, Instead, they’ve made it worse. Who was the smart person who decided to take the option not to uninstall out of the unistaller? They can come over here and fix my install.

Are you Mac or PC? Nevermind, Szark got here first.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2004-03-03

Windows 7. The first crashed uninstall did manage somehow to wipe out the .dat file for the uninstaller, so on any subsequent attempts to install the uninstall failed again, this time erroring on the lack of the .dat file. And every time the uninstall fails for any reason, the installer itself crashes the moment control is returned to it by my acknowledging the failure of the uninstall.

<Sigh>

This whole DAZ install/uninstall method is so unrobust I could cry. It is just so pathetic.

There should be an option to install without uninstalling, to deal with cases when the uninstall fails.

And the installer should not crash immediately following the failure of an uninstall.

This really isn’t rocket science. Just basic, for heaven’s sake. Build in some flipping robustness. Don’t just assume every step will succeed so when one step fails the whole thing goes tits up.

This happened, and I reported it, virtually every DS 4 beta before the first DS4 public release. And since the public release and my demotion to the ranks of the plebs, it’s kept on happening every public version and public beta of DS 4 and DS4.5 too.

Hello? Anyone listening? Well, I was never listened to as a tester, all my open bug reports were closed awhile ago even though I kept adding notes the bugs were still there (and no, I am NOT going to type them all out again in a new bug tracker - typing hurts, and you could have damn well migrated the open bugs, or checked them yourselves instead of just closing them), so I don’t suppose I’ll be listened to as a mere customer.

Yes, I’ve got it to install by going into my Program Files and manually deleting the broken uninstaller .exe. A user SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THAT.

Then the installer ran to completion - but threw up an error message about a problem installing the CMS.

AGAIN.

JUST LIKE LAST BETA INSTALL AND THE ONE BEFORE.

Good thing i don’t use the CMS - though ti would be nice to have it just in case I ever want it.

It would be REALLY NICE if DAZ actually spent some time fixing things, instead of just releasing new things (some broken) while leaving all the broken stuff unfixed. It would be ESPECIALLY NICE if, for the first time ever in all the beta and public versions of DS 4 and DS 4.5 JUST ONE would actually install without crashes of installers and uninstallers and error messages about parts of the install process and me needing to go rooting through the Program Files folders to find and delete things just to get the bloody thing to install.

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

I other thing I forgot to mention I never ever install Daz Studio or Content in to Program files, ever. It was a habit I got into with DS3 and since then my issues have been few. Yes I have had a few install/uninstall problems a while back like this but since I follow those steps I haven’t had any issues at all when installing an update. And I don’t mean to demean your issues David and I am sorry I can’t help. The only thing I can suggest is that we keep up with reporting bugs via the bug tracking site.

ALL am I having is memory issues…still. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-08-05

Please tell me we dont have to update any plugins and that they work just like in 4.5

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-30

Do I need to turn off The Content Management Service while I install 4.5.1.6?

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13

I was on the 4.5.0.137 beta version before and did not update any plugins nor shaders for this new version. So far so good and no plugin complains, so e.g. dynamic cloth control, infinito, and GenX work still.

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-08-05

Excellent

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30