Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Burned/scarred M4 or M5 textures?
Posted: 11 October 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25
Riggswolfe - 11 October 2012 07:30 PM

Edit: Meaty texture as displacement was a bust. It looks like he’s got a body made out of brains sort of. Lol. Out of curiousity what search did you use to find those on ShareCG? I searched for things like ‘burned’ but never found those.

Odd, it should show up under burned, I included that as one of the key words for it.. Not sure why it didn’t find it. Granted, the only keywords I used were Freddy, Genesis, and Burned in the Daz Studio category..LOL.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  0

Ok. Here is a nearly final render with some LIE wound stuff added and clothing and hair. I used Sickleyields prop that lets you try to fit hair under a hat in this render and it worked pretty well.

Image Attachments
BurnTest_Ankou_Bruised.jpg
 Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25
Riggswolfe - 12 October 2012 12:24 PM

I used Sickleyields prop that lets you try to fit hair under a hat in this render and it worked pretty well.

Very cool. Which prop is it that you’re refering to there, though? I haven’t run across that, and it sounds interesting.
I’m liking the look of that image so far, has kind of a horror / scarecrow/boondox / haunted western feel in it. Very cool smile

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

The prop is sold on Rendo I believe. Just got to Rendorosity and look at Sickleyields store. It is basically a conforming thing that fits to your head. You then attach the hair to it and it has morphs to fit it under hats. Once you’re done you make the prop invisible and you’re good to go.

Ironically this character is not supposed to be a villain. He’s just someone who was in a horrible explosion/accident.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Posted: 12 October 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

I refined the skin and such a bit more by playing with displacement settings. The detail is much higher now though it may not show here in the forums.

Image Attachments
BurnedAdept1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

Once I clicked the thumbnail for a larger view, the detail really popped. That is looking awesome so far.
And TY for the info on that prop- checked it out over at Rendo, interesting stuff. It looks like it could be quite useful smile
Not sure if this will be any use on this project, but if you ever need, the Burned morph/texture at ShareCG has been revamped as Burned Villain:  http://www.sharecg.com/v/65101/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Burned-Villian-FB-Morph-+-Texture-DS-4.5 .

Image Attachments
BurnedVillian2sml.jpgBurnedVillianThumb.jpg
 Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Thanks. I downloaded it and will probably take a look at least.

Signature 

2 of 2