Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Burned/scarred M4 or M5 textures?
Posted: 11 October 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  0

I’ve been thinking of doing a render very similar to a Freddy Krueger style character. I have a burned man skin from Most Digital Creations and it is pretty good but not quite what I had in mind. That is more of a supernatural still burning still skin whereas I’m looking for something that is a burn victim with scars style render like Freddy. Does anyone know of any?

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2178
Joined  2003-10-09

Not really a freddy kruger, but it could work as burned

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/good-as-dead-2-plague

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
RawArt - 11 October 2012 12:56 PM

Not really a freddy kruger, but it could work as burned

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/good-as-dead-2-plague

It’s added to my wishlist. I just picked up Smay’s new zombie texture and with tweaking I might be able to make it work somehow. I’ve got a render in mind for some characters for an RPG I do with my friends. One of which is your new Vodoo character who looks amazing right out of the box.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

I am also looking at this skin texture from Runtime DNA. It’s sort of moving towards what I had in mind.

http://www.runtimedna.com/Ankou.html

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25

No texture, unfortunatly, but if you’re using Daz 4.5 and Genesis, this morph may interest you a bit: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64687/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Burned-or-Distorted-Morph—-Full-Body

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Interesting. I am going to download it and maybe play around a bit. Thanks Ebahr.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Alright, so, using the free morph, the zombies, and a shader I got the following render. What does everyone think?

Image Attachments
Burned_test_2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

Very cool. smile I’m liking it.

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Here is an alternate attempt using the Ankou texture for M4. There is a seam on the shoulder for some reason but since the render won’t be of a naked or shirtless man that probably wouldn’t matter. Thoughts? One versus the other?

Image Attachments
Burn_test_3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

Personally, I prefer the first one..But that’s just my own opinion smile
Also, if you want a touch of meat, here’s a meaty testure for the Burned morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65079/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Meaty-Texture-for-Burned-Morph . You may be able to use bits of it and overlay it, or something. Have fun smile

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Thank you! I’m going to eat some dinner and play around with that. That texture might be a bit much but we’ll see!

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Alright, I tried the meaty texture. It didn’t look very good even with the shader IMO. I also tried that Ankou texture again but this time I realized that since it was a poser texture I needed to edit some stuff, including removing the ‘wrinkly’ texture from the zombie skin.

Image Attachments
Meaty_burned_zombie.jpgBurned_test_Ankou.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

Of those two, I’d prefer the second- The shoulder seam is still visible, but it’s easy enough to fix that in post work, if needed.
One of these days, when I have a good block of time to spare, I’ll put together a burned texture that is a bit less cartoony looking, and more on the subtle range w/ bumps. Unfortunately, time just isn’t allowing it right now :/  It looks like things are coming together well in your project though- looking forward to seeing the final renders smile

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 11 October 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Final renders are a way off. I’m still playing with it and just had the idea to see how the “Meaty Texture” would look if I converted it to a displacement mat instead with another texture as the main skin. Ironically, the character I’m doing this for will in most renders be covered nearly head-to-toe in an outfit that will use the old CIS M3 clothing set combined with a few M4 clothes.

Edit: Meaty texture as displacement was a bust. It looks like he’s got a body made out of brains sort of. Lol. Out of curiousity what search did you use to find those on ShareCG? I searched for things like ‘burned’ but never found those.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

It was put up today…that’s probably why you missed it.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

I actually searched during this thread. I must not have done something correctly in the searches.

Signature 

1 of 2