Digital Art Zone

Can DAZ Studio create fire?
Posted: 10 October 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2004-11-03

Or is there a DAZ Studio plug-in that creats fire that can be mapped to an object as the camera pans? I don’t have another program.

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-10-25

There was for DS3. I don’t know if they’ve been updated. There was one in the store that was specifically made for fire, but there was also a plugin in the freebees section that allowed you to animate the 2d textures on objects which could be used to create fire.

I think this is the store one I’m remembering, though it looks like it’s for still renders rather than animations. Same vendor has some other similar stuff. Unfortunately I think the free plugin link may have gotten lost in the forum revamp.

For particle/fluid fire, you could try Blender. Blender can do that, and I suspect there’s probably a way to convert or jury-rig it into something that DS can use once it’s made in Blender. I’ll actually have too look into that now.

Posted: 10 October 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

The materials animation script works in DS4…according to this…

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/matanim

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-10-25

That’s the one! Great to know it still works.

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

There is a product coming.  Does great fire.  If I get permission, I’ll post an animation.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 October 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Kendall Sears - 10 October 2012 10:59 PM

There is a product coming.  Does great fire.  If I get permission, I’ll post an animation.

Kendall

I got permission… here’s a frame or 2 from the animation

Image Attachments
grill-fire018.pnggrill-fire023.png
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.