Digital Art Zone

66 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 16 October 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 976 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:27 AM

Yes thanks good to know they are gone when I switch the morph a little bit and return it back ..
I wish to know how to remove them also from the full figure body , switching between resolution did not work

ketthrove - 16 October 2012 10:14 AM
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:12 AM

I have the lines also showing also each group

This happens at times when UVs are switched.  Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

The lines are there when ever subd is on or the figure is being grafted too.  They are the “cage” lines, the outlined form of the bones before they are grafted/subdivided.  They are required for subd/grafting to work right.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 977 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1755
Joined  2003-10-09

I got it I have to use the script to set the sub-d off and they are gone ...  thanks

ketthrove - 16 October 2012 10:31 AM
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:27 AM

Yes thanks good to know they are gone when I switch the morph a little bit and return it back ..
I wish to know how to remove them also from the full figure body , switching between resolution did not work

ketthrove - 16 October 2012 10:14 AM
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:12 AM

I have the lines also showing also each group

This happens at times when UVs are switched.  Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

The lines are there when ever subd is on or the figure is being grafted too.  They are the “cage” lines, the outlined form of the bones before they are grafted/subdivided.  They are required for subd/grafting to work right.

Signature 

Just Released :2 Chinese outfits for Lee6
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 978 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-10-09
ketthrove - 16 October 2012 10:26 AM
Renderonesio - 16 October 2012 10:19 AM
ketthrove - 16 October 2012 09:51 AM
Renderonesio - 16 October 2012 09:31 AM

Hi

I have two important questions:

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs.  Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

The first can happen if the content directory that contains the morph is mapped in Studio but not in Poser.  If you own Studio and Poser it is best to have the same directories mapped in each if they contain Genesis content.  By the way if this is not the case, you’ll want to set a unique cache location for the Poser that is different from the Studio one, or they will continually invalidate each other’s morph caches and take longer to load each time you switch programs. 

The second would have to be setup in Poser’s setup room.  To do this make sure subd is off on genesis and there is nothing geo-grafted to it.  Then do the normal IK construction steps in the setup room. After setup just re-enable subdivision and you IKed Genesis.

Hi:

In my case the problem is that and did not have installed V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis. I have installed this items and the problem this solved wink

In this moment I am testing a setup for the ik chain.

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis

greetings

If you save a scene or scene subset in Studio of Genesis with your morph applied, and generate the Poser Companion files.  Or it may be easier to save a “Morph Asset” in Studio.  It will make the morph available to all your Genesis that map the location where you saved the asset.

Thank, I,m very happy for the moment :-D

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 979 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2005-02-12

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the force limits in each joint without manually going thru and unchecking it?  Using the pull down and turning limits off is NOT working.

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 980 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 06:01 AM

Sunfire make sure you have this map under the Runtime folder : \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\
if is missing you will have to re download or copy and paste the the folder M5TunicBeltTunic from previews version you own of the Tunic and paste there , make sure the Runtime folder is together with the data and people folder in one directory in my case My Library
I checked the mc6 and it point to \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\ so everything just fine

and regarding to the belt you are right , it need to be conform to Genesis and then you run the Transfer all morphs from the script
layered clothing does not work the way as in DS , but I wonder why as the tunic is a genesis also , however conform it to genesis worked as well only if you use any other shape as base genesis so I learned something again

Sunfire - 15 October 2012 11:01 PM

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won’t take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won’t take the textures either.

Actually when I look, the only textures I have are for the neanderthal in fact they are Neanderthal_Maps_GenesisM4 It looks like you packaged the wrong textures with it.

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 981 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

everything is already fixed in the morning and the product is updated with new files smile
sorry I find it out thanks to you .. the software take the wrong folder
you can re download now and also Vintage Kurta if you own the last product as I made new PCF for DSON

Sunfire - 16 October 2012 11:45 AM

Sunfire make sure you have this map under the Runtime folder : \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\
if is missing you will have to re download or copy and paste the the folder M5TunicBeltTunic from previews version you own of the Tunic and paste there , make sure the Runtime folder is together with the data and people folder in one directory in my case My Library
I checked the mc6 and it point to \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\ so everything just fine

and regarding to the belt you are right , it need to be conform to Genesis and then you run the Transfer all morphs from the script
layered clothing does not work the way as in DS , but I wonder why as the tunic is a genesis also , however conform it to genesis worked as well only if you use any other shape as base genesis so I learned something again

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won’t take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won’t take the textures either.

Actually when I look, the only textures I have are for the neanderthal in fact they are Neanderthal_Maps_GenesisM4 It looks like you packaged the wrong textures with it.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 982 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2306
Joined  2007-12-13

Hmm,

After looking over the Starter Bundles, the only one that really has stuff I could use a lot is the Genesis one. I think I might get that and just V5 and M5 as they stand, chuck in the bikini and I think I’ll have enough to keep myself going.

So, bearing that in mind I may need that companion file for Buddy 2 to M5 sooner than I’d planned.

CHEERS!

Posted: 16 October 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 983 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 11:52 AM

everything is already fixed in the morning and the product is updated with new files smile
sorry I find it out thanks to you .. the software take the wrong folder
you can re download now and also Vintage Kurta if you own the last product as I made new PCF for DSON

Sunfire - 16 October 2012 11:45 AM

Glad I could help! smile I’ll go redownload it.

Posted: 16 October 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 984 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am uploading in 20 min Buddy2 to M5 Companion file to my server

Rogerbee - 16 October 2012 11:58 AM

Hmm,

After looking over the Starter Bundles, the only one that really has stuff I could use a lot is the Genesis one. I think I might get that and just V5 and M5 as they stand, chuck in the bikini and I think I’ll have enough to keep myself going.

So, bearing that in mind I may need that companion file for Buddy 2 to M5 sooner than I’d planned.

CHEERS!

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 985 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

it is there FREE smile

Buddy2 to M5 Companion files

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=88

Image Attachments
DSON_Buddy2_to_M5_comp.jpg
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 986 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2003-10-09

Cath,

Would there be any changes to Magda (my personal favorite), Mamita, Eli, Hunks, or Jackie?  Just wondering because they are perfect the way they are now.

Signature 

A fool and her money are soon .....Hey!  Where’s my purse?

Old Post Count:  1110

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 987 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I don’t have to as I made UV’s switcher free on my website and you can use with the old poser materials not need PCF
I could do some extra morphs for genesis as well to match better the heads , but for today you can use them already and all v4 textures you own .. just switch and add mats and you done .. smile

foxylady - 16 October 2012 01:06 PM

Cath,

Would there be any changes to Magda (my personal favorite), Mamita, Eli, Hunks, or Jackie?  Just wondering because they are perfect the way they are now.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 988 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 01:10 PM

I don’t have to as I made UV’s switcher free on my website and you can use with the old poser materials not need PCF
I could do some extra morphs for genesis as well to match better the heads , but for today you can use them already and all v4 textures you own .. just switch and add mats and you done .. smile

Cath,

Thank you.  (After all this time, Magda is still my favorite.  I get her very close to how you render her, but I am not there yet.)

Signature 

A fool and her money are soon .....Hey!  Where’s my purse?

Old Post Count:  1110

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 989 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes she is just perfect the way she is , now I will use her also more often ..and a new morph are needed !
I am finishing Neanderthal for Genesis and PCF 30 min would be ready to pick up also ..

foxylady - 16 October 2012 01:16 PM
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 01:10 PM

Cath,

Thank you.  (After all this time, Magda is still my favorite.  I get her very close to how you render her, but I am not there yet.)

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 990 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-08-21

I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading.  I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won’t find it no matter what I put it.  Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

66 of 72