Digital Art Zone

65 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 16 October 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 961 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  539
Joined  2008-07-18

Poser Users:

If you own MFD Unimesh Fits for V4, reset your downloads. There is a Poser DSON compatible version of the Genesis MFD in there now. Support just added it. (thanks, Jen)

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 962 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28
andolaurina - 16 October 2012 09:39 AM

Poser Users:

If you own MFD Unimesh Fits for V4, reset your downloads. There is a Poser DSON compatible version of the Genesis MFD in there now. Support just added it. (thanks, Jen)

Oooh.  That was one thing I converted over on my own.  I want to go see how it’s different than that version!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 963 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26
Renderonesio - 16 October 2012 09:31 AM

Hi

I have two important questions:

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs.  Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

The first can happen if the content directory that contains the morph is mapped in Studio but not in Poser.  If you own Studio and Poser it is best to have the same directories mapped in each if they contain Genesis content.  By the way if this is not the case, you’ll want to set a unique cache location for the Poser that is different from the Studio one, or they will continually invalidate each other’s morph caches and take longer to load each time you switch programs. 

The second would have to be setup in Poser’s setup room.  To do this make sure subd is off on genesis and there is nothing geo-grafted to it.  Then do the normal IK construction steps in the setup room. After setup just re-enable subdivision and you IKed Genesis.

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 964 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2003-10-09

has the dson importer been updated, I just recieved a message that version 1.0.0.13 will have a rough fix for the library freeze , but I’m not showing it yet

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 965 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-26

1.0.0.13 is not release yet.

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 966 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  539
Joined  2008-07-18
Nightsong - 16 October 2012 09:42 AM
andolaurina - 16 October 2012 09:39 AM

Poser Users:

Oooh.  That was one thing I converted over on my own.  I want to go see how it’s different than that version!

Thanks for the heads up!!

You’re welcome! smile

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 967 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2008-12-31

does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

is this normal?

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
 Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 968 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-26
Isikol - 16 October 2012 10:02 AM

does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

is this normal?

Those are on whenever the figure is subd or being grafted to.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 969 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2003-10-09

I have the lines also showing also each group

BTW Vintage Kurta for Genesis have new Poser Companion File

you can download here for free

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=87

below Poser render

Image Attachments
DSON_vintage_Kurta_comp.jpg
 Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 970 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-26
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:12 AM

This happens at times when UVs are switched.  Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 971 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2003-10-09
ketthrove - 16 October 2012 09:51 AM

Hi

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs.  Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

The first can happen if the content directory that contains the morph is mapped in Studio but not in Poser.  If you own Studio and Poser it is best to have the same directories mapped in each if they contain Genesis content.  By the way if this is not the case, you’ll want to set a unique cache location for the Poser that is different from the Studio one, or they will continually invalidate each other’s morph caches and take longer to load each time you switch programs. 

The second would have to be setup in Poser’s setup room.  To do this make sure subd is off on genesis and there is nothing geo-grafted to it.  Then do the normal IK construction steps in the setup room. After setup just re-enable subdivision and you IKed Genesis.

Hi:

In my case the problem is that and did not have installed V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis. I have installed this items and the problem this solved wink

In this moment I am testing a setup for the ik chain.

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis?

greetings

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 972 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2007-10-08

For the many of you who are waiting for new files that are supported in the new DSON Importer for Poser, the plan is to release more products throughout each month (hopefully weekly).

The next batch of files are in the bucket to be released next week. So please keep watching for more supported products in the coming weeks.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 973 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-02-25

If the Poser companion files haven’t been made yet for the M5 Gens, you can either make them yourself in DS, or use the DSON Loader script in Poser to load them. http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Just install the script into the runtime inside your Poser 9 or Pro 2012 program folder (NOT your normal rintime for content - the script needs to be in the actual Poser program directory). Then you can launch the script from the Poser script menu and navigate to the normal DS file for loading the Gens - Male Genetalia.duf in People/Genesis/Anatomy. the script will get the importer to import the gensfor you into Poser.

Just got back to teh forum, so now need to go back in this thread to where I left off last night and catch up!

I tried to use the script above but had a poser crash .
I tried 2 times re-installing the script .
I have DS4.1 with .duf stuff

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 974 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-26
Renderonesio - 16 October 2012 10:19 AM
ketthrove - 16 October 2012 09:51 AM

Hi

Hi:

In my case the problem is that and did not have installed V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis. I have installed this items and the problem this solved wink

In this moment I am testing a setup for the ik chain.

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis

greetings

If you save a scene or scene subset in Studio of Genesis with your morph applied, and generate the Poser Companion files.  Or it may be easier to save a “Morph Asset” in Studio.  It will make the morph available to all your Genesis that map the location where you saved the asset.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 975 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes thanks good to know they are gone when I switch the morph a little bit and return it back ..
I wish to know how to remove them also from the full figure body , switching between resolution did not work

ketthrove - 16 October 2012 10:14 AM
Mec4D - 16 October 2012 10:12 AM

This happens at times when UVs are switched.  Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

65 of 72