Digital Art Zone

62 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 15 October 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 916 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Thanks guys. If I can do it manually without having it rely on the metadata, then that’s what I’ll do even if it is slow. Since thanks to Cath I can easily switch UVs, all I need is to convert one file here, or one file there. So that I can use my genesis Atlas on my genesis in Poser.

Though converting his armor… *shudders* one piece at a time, that will take a while… or maybe not, since they’d all be charachters. Hmm…

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 917 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2003-10-09

In this case, you will have to go into the clothing folder where is the Armour and convert the all figure files at once selecting in the dialog cr2 figure as type since the materials are in the other folder it will be not affected , after 5 sec later you go to the material folder and manually set the converted files to be mc6 material file , it is easy and fast converting the file
I just finished my Roman Tunic and Belt upgrade to DUF and DSON , will upload in 1 hour to my server smile and the madness can start resetting all orders lol

Sunfire - 15 October 2012 03:26 PM

Thanks guys. If I can do it manually without having it rely on the metadata, then that’s what I’ll do even if it is slow. Since thanks to Cath I can easily switch UVs, all I need is to convert one file here, or one file there. So that I can use my genesis Atlas on my genesis in Poser.

Though converting his armor… *shudders* one piece at a time, that will take a while… or maybe not, since they’d all be charachters. Hmm…

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 918 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
Mec4D - 15 October 2012 05:38 PM

In this case, you will have to go into the clothing folder where is the Armour and convert the all figure files at once selecting in the dialog cr2 figure as type since the materials are in the other folder it will be not affected , after 5 sec later you go to the material folder and manually set the converted files to be mc6 material file , it is easy and fast converting the file
I just finished my Roman Tunic and Belt upgrade to DUF and DSON , will upload in 1 hour to my server smile and the madness can start resetting all orders lol

I look forward to redownloading the tunic! So I can get my new stuffs.

Now I just have to figure out why the M4 atlas texture makes my genesis atlas snarl or grimace when I render him in Poser. And why my character preset loads genesis and all in Poser.

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 919 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2007-12-24

This is great news.  Can’t wait to try it out!!

Indi.

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 920 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28

I just wanted to post an update (and hope it doesn’t get too buried!):

I had V4/M4 Body Shapes for Genesis on an ImagineFX Magazine DVD, rather than purchased through DAZ, and my Support ticket just came through.  As long as I had some sort of proof of purchase for the magazine, such as a receipt, the awfully nice lady who responded to my ticket said she could add it to my account.  I sent her my annual subscription receipt for that time frame and it was added right away. :D

Thank you for one less worry on my mind, DAZ folks!!!!

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 921 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

character preset is a figure ACTOR it will load all genesis with the morphs as it is cr2 , what you can do apply the character preset the right Uv’s and the atlas maps in DS convert to companion files and it should load in Poser everything at once .
the same way as it works in DS4.5 , maybe better to use only the shape preset in place of the character , I was not there yet but tomorrow I am going to make Neanderthal Companion files so I will see if this works .

Sunfire - 15 October 2012 06:00 PM

Now I just have to figure out why the M4 atlas texture makes my genesis atlas snarl or grimace when I render him in Poser. And why my character preset loads genesis and all in Poser.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 922 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
Mec4D - 15 October 2012 06:18 PM

character preset is a figure ACTOR it will load all genesis with the morphs as it is cr2 , what you can do apply the character preset the right Uv’s and the atlas maps in DS convert to companion files and it should load in Poser everything at once .
the same way as it works in DS4.5 , maybe better to use only the shape preset in place of the character , I was not there yet but tomorrow I am going to make Neanderthal Companion files so I will see if this works .

Sunfire - 15 October 2012 06:00 PM

Hmm… That is an idea.

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 923 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4673
Joined  2004-08-11

Cath, while I got your attention…. I’m busy working on morphs pertaining to my huge Bruno + project.  Wondering if I need to do anything so that the Poser users can use him.  I’m so happy this is happening for everyone finally.  I never gave up hope and here we are… little bumpy here and there but for the most part it’s really cool to see everyone excited.  I really want the Poser community to have my pack to use as well.  Esp since there are over 200 morphs I made in the pack and since many of us are on budgets these days might be a way to give a really nice useful gift that EVERYONE can enjoy. 

Then there is the issue of the mats…. I guess just save them out as .duff files?  Sorry, been sick and trying to work so not looked over the file creation pages….

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 924 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2003-10-09

saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Hey Cath (Mec4D),
your script works brilliantly!!!  thanks so much for this.  Love your work,
Love esther

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 925 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

You don’t have to edit anything , morphs will load with genesis , but you need to make materials and save them as DUF material preset then use DSON then convert them to companion files you will find the option in the content library Tab it is easy and quick 5 sec work

RAMWolff - 15 October 2012 06:58 PM

Cath, while I got your attention…. I’m busy working on morphs pertaining to my huge Bruno + project.  Wondering if I need to do anything so that the Poser users can use him.  I’m so happy this is happening for everyone finally.  I never gave up hope and here we are… little bumpy here and there but for the most part it’s really cool to see everyone excited.  I really want the Poser community to have my pack to use as well.  Esp since there are over 200 morphs I made in the pack and since many of us are on budgets these days might be a way to give a really nice useful gift that EVERYONE can enjoy. 

Then there is the issue of the mats…. I guess just save them out as .duff files?  Sorry, been sick and trying to work so not looked over the file creation pages….

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 926 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

you welcome Esther , simple things are beautiful .. and this one saving a lot of work .. as it will be not possible to to update everything .. the best way is to copy and paste the preset into your favorite V4 or m4 material folder no matter pz2 or mc6 it will works by double clicking the UV’s before you apply the new textures to genesis

esther - 15 October 2012 07:46 PM

saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Hey Cath (Mec4D),
your script works brilliantly!!!  thanks so much for this.  Love your work,
Love esther

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 927 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I put your UV script in my poser genesis folder.  I apply it and the figure goes black and then I just find my material pose in one of my other external runtimes and it works beautifully.  I have no trouble searching for my other content as I use a python utility by semidieu called advanced library manager.
Love esther

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 928 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

that is even better way to do i guess smile everything under hand . the figure goes black as it rest everything and load new UV’s of your choice on genesis ,  I am for plan to make some Poser sets only and I need it to make it work as native poser materials don’t support save uv’s info and it is handy , I will do in couple days also for Hitomi, Gorilla and the rest of them what was left over so it can be used in Poser also, I believe Stephanie 4 used v4 textures right ? but not sure about Hiro3-4 M4 textures?

esther - 15 October 2012 08:29 PM

I put your UV script in my poser genesis folder.  I apply it and the figure goes black and then I just find my material pose in one of my other external runtimes and it works beautifully.  I have no trouble searching for my other content as I use a python utility by semidieu called advanced library manager.
Love esther

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 929 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes S4 used V4 as she is a morph of V4, and H4 is a morph of M4 so can take the textures.

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 930 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05

I’m happily downloading the updated roman tunic now.

Still have no clue why an M4 texture would cause genesis to snarl or grimace when applied and rendered though. Weird weird weird.

62 of 72